Sign in to follow this  
goldenmeans

Birchbox April 2013

Yay I got my tracking number today! Woot! :) 

Where can I find the box's weight? 

Originally Posted by Emuhlyy View Post

My box updated! It looks like I'm getting box 13?  Here's what I got:

Juice Beauty CC Cream

Beauty Protector (soo excited for this!)

Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Rescue

Yes to Carrots Lip Butter

Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrube

Yes to Cucumber Facial Towelettes

6 products.. is that normal?!  And I'm pretty happy about what I'm getting, but 3 Yes to Products?!  I hope they're good, I've never tried them before!

I feel like this is a "welcome" box even though I already got my first one.  These don't seem to be the new products.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong?!

I'm getting the same box! I'm really excited about it actually. I'm not getting the polish or the mattifier, but I really wanted to try the beauty protector and cc cream. Plus, I think that means we get 60 pts for reviewing rather than just 50. :D And no food product either! Yay! I wonder if we'll get a whole lip butter? That would be awesome. So, no I don't think this is a "welcome box" because I've been subscribed since january, but some of these I've seen before, but that's not unusual for them to still send out items that were new a few boxes ago. I think the Caudalie is new? Maybe?

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post

The last "lip product" I got was that nasty smelling lip balm in the Goopy box. 

I have tried everything - age changing...increasing my yearly income...keeping my splurges un picked...having my true slurges picked...nothing really seems so help. 

I am darn curious about the sizes of the samples...someone posted the size of the youngblood...I'm curious about the Nexxus and dry oil sizes.

I will try changing my profile again (maybe) to see what happens....

As for the sizes of the samples...they do seem to be good sized samples (as they were last month also)... I just checked out the photos that have been posted in this thread to get an idea of the sample sizes.

I am curious as to what the Nexxus will do for my hair but I don't generally use oils on my hair.

I wish I could quit you BB, but I'm addicted to your point system...and maybe obsessing over what I will get every month :-)

Does anyone know if the mattifier is full size, or if any of this stuff is full size? lol. I've been slacking on stalking BB threads. Busy month.

This is what I'm getting. Don't know what box number it is. 

Originally Posted by jessicarobin View Post

Oh, FYI guys, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I just managed to fill out all my feedback surveys and for products where I received double samples (foils, tea bags, etc.), I received double points.  So, for the 6 products I had in my box, I received 90 points, if that makes sense.

Are you sure you actually got the full points?  I just reviewed the tea, and while it's showing up twice (two line items that each say +10), my balance only went up 10 (from 50 to 60, and then the second line item for the tea also shows a balance of 60).  Maybe it's just a weird glitch with how slow the site is bein?  Or you are super lucky and got extra points, ha!

Ugh, cilantro. I have the gene -- with the added bonus of cilantro = migraine trigger. I finally figured this out when I briefly started branching out into Thai and Vietnamese food. That ended once I figured out the common link, and I now use that soapy taste as a warning sign to stop eating whatever it's in. ANYWAY. One of my boxes has four items I was hoping for (can't remember what they are other than the nail polish) and one I have already tried and am willing to stockpile for emergencies/vacations but not willing to actually purchase (Fruity Pebbles shaving cream), so that box is a win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post

Mine too! I am actually really pleased with what I'm getting this month smile.gif

Getting that one too, I wanted the polish, but everything else is "meh" for me...

I'm new to the group, and I'm sorry to have to ask, but how do you know which box you are getting before it actually comes?  I know the weight of my box, but I can't find a list on the BB website?  Help? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsp187 View Post

I am getting box 39. 

The link variations are in the pattern of: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb39

I am getting the

Beauty protector, caudalie, macaroons, super goop eye cream, and mirenesse. 

I am very happy and excited about this box! :D

That's an awesome box :) 

Originally Posted by Dawn Horton View Post

I'm new to the group, and I'm sorry to have to ask, but how do you know which box you are getting before it actually comes?  I know the weight of my box, but I can't find a list on the BB website?  Help? 

If you go to the Birchbox website, click the box tab, and it should tell you whats in your box. If you want to know your box number it will be in the address bar at the end (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsesinlogic View Post

My second box updated and should be here today! Excited for the contents:

Used my real age (31) and income level for this one and of course that means I get the anti-aging cream. :) I am really liking the Supergoop products I've tried, though, so I'll give it a shot. I really wanted to try the Nexxus and the nail polish looks so interesting! It's my splurge product on this account, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Interested in trying the Malin+Goetz brand but I have so many lotion samples now it's insane.

I changed it to my splurge product and got polish this time, before when it wasn't I wouldn't get it :) 

box twins! I'm getting this one and box # 38

I am getting box 11, shipping finally updated, it weighs .6070. This is what I am getting [spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!] kerastase_bainsubstantif_900x900.jpg

Kérastase Age Premium Bain Substantif - Cleanse

Ships Free

Nothing I am super excited about but I think it is a pretty good box.

Got my box yesterday!

Malin & Goetz Cilantro Hair Conditioner-I haven't tried it yet, but it smells good, better than I was expecting.

Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Rescue-excited to try this, I'm still looking for the magic eye cream that will make me look like I got a full night's sleep after being up half the night.

Herban Essetials Towelettes-Not super excited about these, but with two little kids I always need a wet wipe so I'll throw these in my purse

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick-So happy about getting this, and I like the color a lot.

Hail Merry Choclate Macaroons-Who wouldn't love to get cookies in the mail?

Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

My 2nd box updated.  I used my real age (29) and real income and I got box 38:

• skinco_cleansingbodygelwitholive_sicilia

Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel (I hope that it's not as bad as people on here say it is)

• nexxus_youthrenewal_rejuvenatingelixir_9

Nexxus® Youth Renewal™ Rejuvenating Elixir (also got in my first box)

• strivectin_eyeconcentrate_900x900.jpg

StriVectin-SDâ„¢ Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles (I need this)

• youngblood_antishinemattifier_900x900.jp

Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifier (I got one of the coveted items this month!)

• weleda_bodylotion_wildrose_900x900_1.jpg

Weleda Body Lotion (meh)

We're box twins! I'm not sure about this box yet, I'm excited about a couple of things, but pensive about others....

I've heard so many bad things about the body gel, so we'll see. Nexxus I'm excited to try! StriVectin....well I'm only 27 so...we'll see lol. I am happy to try the Youngblood though! I'm always good with a mattifying product :-) Anyone know if the Weleda is any good? I know nothing about it.

Originally Posted by glamigirl View Post

can't seem to find the post about the size of the mirenesse glossy kiss...was it sample size?

It's full size, but the non BB one twists up and this one you have to sharpen 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

Holy crap this thread blows up so much! I tried to go through all pages, but there's no way I can! LOL!

THIS lol

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

It's full size, but the non BB one twists up and this one you have to sharpen 

ty!  

Originally Posted by allthingsaimee View Post

My box (don't know what the number is).   Really excited about everything!

Oooh!  Kiehl's!  I have a tube of one of their eye creams that has a similar name.  It's done wonders for the circles under my eyes.

This is my box

I'm very meh about this box. I think I'm most excited about the item that I can ingest. Everything else just screams Sample Society to me. Better luck for me next month!

I'm getting box 38. Which contains exactly 0 things I wanted. AND my tracking number hasn't updated. So I don't even know when box of stuff I don't want is going to get here.

I am getting box 11 on my main account and box 23 on my 2nd. 

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb11

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb23

Only dupe is the Glossy Kiss. I am not thrilled with the Tea Pouches but I can send them to my tea loving Mother in law. Everything else I am really excited to try.