Sign in to follow this  
goldenmeans

Birchbox April 2013

Originally Posted by Goodie View Post

Hey Ladies, has anyone received the ojon rare blend oil total hair therapy yet?  If so, can you tell me what kind of packaging it's in?  I'm hoping it's not a foil packet but if so, I'll live.  It would be nice to receive a small bottle or tube, like the Macadamia oil that was sent out last month.  I didn't get any of that sadly so I'm really hoping to like this one.  Here's the rest of my box info...

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne- not thrilled about getting perfume/cologne but I saw others raving about this so maybe I'll really like it?!  I'm super picky with scents.

Supergood Anti-Aging Eye Cream- actually just said to my fiancé last night that I should start using anti-aging products.  Good job BB.

Mirenesse Glossy Kiss- very excited to receive this!

Kusmi Tea- not an exciting thing to receive in BB but I like tea and I'm up for trying something new.

Overall I'm pretty happy with what's coming.  It should be in my mailbox tonight... can't wait to open it up and start trying everything!

also, be sure to actually put the parfume on your skin before you decide if you do or do not like it - i've found i didn't like any of theirs smelling from the bottle, but liked them very much on my skin. 

Oh, Birchbox.  I think you've finally done it.  After 2+ years, I think I'm ready to just quit.  I'm getting 38.  Not one thing I'm interested in, for the 3rd month in a row, I think.  This was the last month of this annual sub too... bad time to really disappoint.  

I emailed the other day to ask whether my sub would auto-renew, and how to make it not because I was thinking of not renewing right now.  I also asked if I would ever get anniversary codes again, which I haven't received in about a year.  The girl who responded seemed completely uninterested in keeping me as a customer (which, I admit, stings a bit, as I have referred so many people that they sent me info about the affiliate program rather then the regular referral program at one point...?), and didn't even address the anniversary coupon question, just told me that she set my sub to not auto-renew.  Uh... thanks.  Nice knowing you too, BB.  

Originally Posted by hiheather View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meahlea View Post

I have normal to dry skin. So I have absolutely no use for things that reduce oil. I just kind of wish they'd realize that being that I have thick hair and (to their knowledge) dry skin, I don't need volumizing hair products and mattifying face things. Which is all I seem to get anymore. I told birchbox it had one more month after last month's awful box. I may have to take myself seriously on that one.

Understandable.

This is why BB should come up with some kind of trading system similar to LLB's trade system. I know if they start tossing in anti wrinkle creams, eye creams (which a person can def have to much of!), and lotions into my boxes I'm leaving them.

That's a good idea (although I haven't tried LLB yet)!

Hey Ladies, has anyone received the ojon rare blend oil total hair therapy yet?  If so, can you tell me what kind of packaging it's in?  I'm hoping it's not a foil packet but if so, I'll live.  It would be nice to receive a small bottle or tube, like the Macadamia oil that was sent out last month.  I didn't get any of that sadly so I'm really hoping to like this one.  Here's the rest of my box info...

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne- not thrilled about getting perfume/cologne but I saw others raving about this so maybe I'll really like it?!  I'm super picky with scents.

Supergood Anti-Aging Eye Cream- actually just said to my fiancé last night that I should start using anti-aging products.  Good job BB.

Kusmi Tea- not an exciting thing to receive in BB but I like tea and I'm up for trying something new.

Overall I'm pretty happy with what's coming.  It should be in my mailbox tonight... can't wait to open it up and start trying everything!

Box twins! My thoughts are about the same as yours :)

I received the ojon rare blend oil several months ago and it came in a glass vial that was the same size as a perfume sample. I have dry, wavy hair so the formula worked very well for my hair! 

I'm going to attach a photo I took from my blog of the ojon rare blend oil that I received in my birchbox a few months ago. Hope this helps!

Getting that one too, I wanted the polish, but everything else is "meh" for me...
I feel the same way, but the nail polish makes up for the whole box (I never had anything like it and I was determined to buy it from the birchbox shop if I didn't get it anyways) and I will definitely get a lot of use out of the eye roll-on, so overall I'm happy! :)

Originally Posted by jennm149 View Post

I just LOVE the people who -- when I say I don't like cilantro -- tell me that if I just keep trying it, I'll eventually like it.

Uhm, no.  I never got to liking the taste of the LifeBuoy or IrishSpring my mom would wash my mouth out with when I was a kid ... why would I grow to like the taste of cilantro?  Heck, I don't even like the way it smells.

I know I'm late on this conversation thread, but I'm reading the posts backwards. I used to really hate cilantro. Partially, I think it was the cilantro at the grocery store was weird or old or something, but a bundle of it smelled so bad. I couldn't even stand to be in the same room with it. Then I started eating it in indian food, which is my favorite type of food, and it grew on me. I'm not saying you should eat it anyway, but if you wanted to like it, go to a good indian restaurant and try the cilantro chutney. A lot of indian food has just a little bit in it, and can get you there gradually. But cilantro chutney won me over. I still can't stand the smell of fresh cilantro unless it is actually fresh and organic.

I am wondering how fast the BB shop is going to sell out of the color changing nail polish, now that everyone knows if they are getting it or not, and everyone wants it. If I hadn't just spent my last $10 in points on that recent sale, I would have ordered it already. But I kind of want to know what you lucky ladies think of it, before I buy it.

Originally Posted by mariahk83 View Post

my FI got the lip butter in his BB Man box last month (well the April box for them) and it is full sized.

Oh that is exciting! Thanks! :D 

Originally Posted by Emuhlyy View Post

Thank goodness, someone else with my same box!! I was getting worried there because I didn't see anyone else with it.  Do you have any experience with the Yes to.. products?  And woohoo for getting 6 products to review!! When is your box supposed to arrive?

I know! This is my first time getting 6 products. :D I've never tried any of the Yes to... products but I have heard good things. And one of the ladies here mentioned that in BB man they got a full sized lip butter product so that would be really great! They have melon, mint, pomegranate, and berry. Those all sound good to me. :) My shipping hasn't updated yet, but I am pretty close to their distribution center so probably soon! How about yours? I am excited so see what size everything is. 

Box twins! Woohoo!! Mine won't be here for several days-you're a lucky girl for getting it so early!

I super need the mattifier-at least I think I do...I don't want to buy the full size though unless I know what it's like.

I live in Florida (it's 80 degrees today) and I work in a restaurant that is 90% outside. I like to do what I can to keep my face from looking like a nasty shiny mess.

So, feel free to send (or trade) the Youngblood over here.

im so glad everyone is posting their boxes! this gives me something to do as i lay at home in bed sick.

anyone get the youngblood yet? how is it??

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica View Post

So when I first got my birchbox I had everything set to the true me (21, little money) and I was pretty happy with my boxes -- except I got a perfume sample every month! I think in January I bumped myself up an income levels just to see what would happen. Definitely not as happy now as I was then! I'm considering bumping myself back down to the lowest income level to see if I'll be happier with my boxes..

But I just got hired for a job where I'll actually be a few levels above lowest one! (I posted earlier about an interview, thanks so much for the well wishes guys! Please don't see this as me complaining about having too much money lol unsure.gif) Ultimate awful first world problem that makes me feel really guilty for even posting it: do i put my now "true" income or my little-broke-college student income? 

For reference, I got box 1 this month.

Or, really, are these whole profiles things just a crapshoot? 

I got box 1 and I pretended I was a 15 year old girl making six figures a year, lol

Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post

Mine too! I am actually really pleased with what I'm getting this month smile.gif

I would have been happy with that box!

Originally Posted by SweetTea View Post

My box just updated.. It looks like i'm getting

*Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Rescue Yes Toâ„¢ Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub Yes Toâ„¢ Cucumber Facial Towelettes Yes Toâ„¢ Carrots Lip Butter - Set of 4*   Sounds like a pretty good box, mostly depending on if the sample sizes are actually usable. In marches box, I could barely get 1 use out of the shaving cream, and not enough uses out of the blemish cream to see if it made a difference : I wish I was getting some sort of makeup item though. :( so much skincare. Not much fun. At least there is the CC cream - does anyone know how big of a sample this is? Please tell me it's not a 1 time use packet/bubble!

Looks like a good box.

Originally Posted by wildsp187 View Post

I am getting box 39. 

The link variations are in the pattern of: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/april-2013/april-2013-bb39

I am getting the

Beauty protector, caudalie, macaroons, super goop eye cream, and mirenesse. 

I am very happy and excited about this box! :D

Thanks for posting the link, I will go and stalk some boxes lol.

So Birchbox finally started loading on my computer & here is my box for this month. It is a good box but looking at the eyeshadows they are all bright colors, I am not adventurous with eyeshadow stick to nudes.

I am convinced that people who hate brussel sprouts were all scarred by truly horrible preparations of them! (ie: BOILED!  boiled brussel sprouts are the worst!  why even bother???)
My dad loves brussel sprouts & my mom is a horrible cook. The only brussel sprouts I've ever had were from those steamer bags in the frozen section at the grocery store.

Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

My 2nd box updated.  I used my real age (29) and real income and I got box 38:

• skinco_cleansingbodygelwitholive_sicilia

Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel (I hope that it's not as bad as people on here say it is)

• nexxus_youthrenewal_rejuvenatingelixir_9

Nexxus® Youth Renewal™ Rejuvenating Elixir (also got in my first box)

• strivectin_eyeconcentrate_900x900.jpg

StriVectin-SDâ„¢ Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles (I need this)

• youngblood_antishinemattifier_900x900.jp

Youngblood Anti-Shine Mattifier (I got one of the coveted items this month!)

• weleda_bodylotion_wildrose_900x900_1.jpg

Weleda Body Lotion (meh)

I really want the youngblood and the nexxus.

I was feeling kinda bummed about my box b/c I wanted to try the color changing nail polish and the Mirenesse glossy stick.... low & behold I struck up a trade and will be getting the glossy stick. Yay! Gotta love the MUT trading that goes on around here!

Now, if I can only find someone to trade with for the polish... rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Ok, I'm too lazy to investigate box numbers, but for the 4th month in a row, super happy with my box. This is why I've renewed as an annual subscription again. I honestly think the longer you are with birchbox the better your boxes, but I might be making that up lol:

I love the cucumber wipes, but didn't like a tomato scrub by Yes to, so hopefully the grapefruit will be different. I just finished up my potion no 9 or whatever it was from glossy box, so I'm excited for the styling cream, and I always love eyeshadow. Can't wait for it to get here!

That's a great box.

I'm getting that box too and pretty much feel the same way. We got the same boxes last month too, our profiles must be the same!

I'm getting box 38. Which contains exactly 0 things I wanted. AND my tracking number hasn't updated. So I don't even know when box of stuff I don't want is going to get here.