Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Spring Forward Limited Edition Palettes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
Wet 'n' Wild has released their Color Icon Spring Forward Limited Edition Palettes. These are already available in some drugstores. Personally, I have had great luck with the WnW 8 shadow palettes so I will be picking both of these up. What about you?

Source

Growing in the WIld

Source

New Awakening

I will definitely try to get Growing in the Wild, the other one is pretty, but I have all of those shades already or at least really really close. 

I am definitely gonna grab the Growing in the Wild when I see it. Might grab the other as well just because.

For that price, I'll definitely be picking up the nudes palette. I've got many neutral eyeshadows but Wet n Wild has some great quality shadows, and neutrals are something I'm sure I'll be using for the rest of my life, literally. Not as impressed with the other palette, however. The Joe Fresh brand in Canada, one of Loblaw's/Superstore's brands, has some really nice shades of eyeshadows, cream blushes, lip products & nail polishes for spring as well. I picked a bunch up last night, singles & 4 pan palettes, and am quite impressed with them. Singles are $4 each or 3 for $10. Nail polishes are the same price. The 4 pan palettes are $10. Lip products around $6. Cream blushes around $8. I'll have to post a new thread with swatches when I've got more time. Loving the shadows, lip products & nail polishes. Wasn't so impressed with the cream blushes, although they do have some nice pressed blush shades that you don't see everywhere.

I plan on picking both up but I haven't come across them at all yet and I've been looking for about a week.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan on picking both up but I haven't come across them at all yet and I've been looking for about a week.
Me too. I keep seeing them pop up on the net so I figure my stores must be slow lol

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too. I keep seeing them pop up on the net so I figure my stores must be slow lol
One blog has a sightings map of it to help people get a better idea of if they can even expect them in their area. Tomorrow I'm going to venture into all my local drugstores so see if any have them.

Those in the Pacific NW check Fred Meyers since most now have these in stock or will have these in stock within the next week.

I hate that the display only holds 4 of each palette. They were gone from my store within 4 days. I think two were stolen though Hahaah 

So I bought one of each of the colors and like other WnW palettes these are delicate. I spotted a crack in one of the shadows so I know I have to mist it with alcohol and gently press it to keep it from shattering if I should (when) I drop it. I should go back and buy a 2nd set since the colors are really pretty HOWEVER I doubt I'll hit pan with these palettes.

When I find these, they will be mine!!!!!! Now if they would come out with some new Black Radiance palettes.

I never used this before why do you all like it so much?  What is good about it?  What is bad about it?  Tell me what you think

Originally Posted by URBeautiful20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never used this before why do you all like it so much?  What is good about it?  What is bad about it?  Tell me what you think
Wet n Wild, just like ALL brands, have hits and missed with their shadows. Sometimes it's not pigmented or blends easily and sometimes it's perfect or near perfect. The reason many like it is because most times it is near perfect or perfect and costs typically $5 or less.

I've done a few dupes in the past and some of WnW's shadows can dupe Urban Decay's. At the time I didn't have more prestige brands as I do now so maybe it's time to update the dupes list.

The downside is that almost everything they put out that's new tends to be limited edition and/or difficult to find as not all stores carry their LE products.

So want both of these, not getting my hopes up though. Whenever they released those three limited edition 8 color palettes late last year no store near me got them in. Crossing my fingers though. I love the 8 color palettes. 

The New Awakening palette reminds me of the Naked I palette. Is it just me? It looks nice though!

Originally Posted by GiggleBlush /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The New Awakening palette reminds me of the Naked I palette. Is it just me? It looks nice though!
It does. I haven't done swatches yet but the black in WnW looks like Creep from Naked. It does not look like Naked2 though.

Back