Your HG makeup brand ? :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone ! Ok so I just wanted to know what is your favourite makeup brand that you can't live without (ok I'm a bit exaggerating here). It's just for fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Mine is for the moment Nars. It used to be CoverGirl until I discovered that there were high end brands (yeeeeeaaaah it took me quite a long time .... Don't juuuuuudge). I think Nars has really high quality products, and so far my favourite product from Nars is the sheer glow foundation. Your time to tell what your HG makeup brand is ! Love x

Eyeliners : kat Von d

foundation: urban decay naked

concealer : obsessive complusive

lip stuff : revlon and buxom

havent found my hg mascara or eyeshadow yet

I second the Kryolan. Love a lot of Ben Bye stuff as well. Also really like Kett & Maq Pro LOL I can't decide :) But definitely not any department store brands. They always disappoint me in one way or the other, whereas I rarely get what I would consider a dud from Kryolan. Love their prices as well!

Wow... not sure!  I have such a mix of stuff right now!  I'd say the most I have right now - foundation, setting powder, concealer, lip color, eye liner  (and an unpurchased blush that I want to buy in the future, LOL!) - would be Alima Pure.  But I have a lot of Meow, Aromaleigh, BE, It Cosmetics and Tarte.  But I'd say the most I have in my train case is Alima.

My favorite brand is MAC and Chanel. But now i am using Luminous Moisture Cream of NARS.

That is a hard question! Most of my favorite products are from MAC, Smashbox and NARS!

I second the Kryolan. Love a lot of Ben Bye stuff as well. Also really like Kett & Maq Pro LOL I can't decide :) But definitely not any department store brands. They always disappoint me in one way or the other, whereas I rarely get what I would consider a dud from Kryolan. Love their prices as well!
Yes! That's so true. For the great high quality, their price point is comparable to MAC (before pro discount). And we all know that MAC is all filler and no killer...

I know I'm going to get picked on about this, but I've started a huge love affair with Coastal Scents. I think mainly because I emphasize my eyes more than anything else and I'm not afraid to use any color and any color eyeliner (including bright cat eyes). I have the CS 88 Shimmer Palette, 88 Metal Mania Palette, 252 Ultimate Palette, 120 One Palette, 42 Blush/Eyeshadow Shimmer Palette and all the Go Palettes (7 of them) and I just bought the Blush Too Palette. They are VERY pigmented, and I've had no trouble with fallout and color lasting, plus at their prices, it's SOOOO worth it. They have fantastic sales every few days or so!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know I'm going to get picked on about this, but I've started a huge love affair with Coastal Scents.
I sure wouldn't pick on you!  I just replaced a honkin' load of my brushes from Coastal Scents for not a lot of money. AND, they're better than MAC brushes I have!

Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sure wouldn't pick on you!  I just replaced a honkin' load of my brushes from Coastal Scents for not a lot of money. AND, they're better than MAC brushes I have!
Oh my goodness, I completely forgot to mention the brushes I have too! lol I have their 22 and 12 piece brush sets and you are so right, they are fabulous! I did a lot of research online to find less expensive/good quality brushes and those won hands down.
smile.gif

Vogu, where can I purchase Ben nye online?  I'm interested in a banana powder, but have been unsuccessful finding a reputable store that carries bn online.

my hg items are:

kat Von d liquid liner in blk, ud primer potion in "greed", the balm Mary Lou luminizer, ud naked 2 palette, st. Tropez self-tanner, ud brow powder for blondes, Chloe perfume, Deborah Lippmann ridge filler base coat, dermstore lip quench, mufe diamond powder in a pale gold color, and buxom insider liner for my waterline.

Camera Ready Cosmetics online also sells many different 'pro' brands, including Ben Bye & Kryolan. As does Paints & Powders. Both have really good customer service. A shop that carries Kryolan finally opened in my area in 2012. I met the owner at IMATS. I was so happy when I heard of this I nearly piddled myself. I finally am able to go in & swatch Kryolan products, see which of their foundation shades & formulas suit me, and just generally play for hours on end. They don't keep everything in stock - Kryolan has a stupid amount of products - so I go swatch, try, write my list, place my order. The amount of product I get for $150 from Kryolan, compared to MAC, is incredible! My latest Kryolan order should be in any time.....can't wait!

Thank you so much, vo!  They carry my mufe diamond powder for slightly cheaper than sephora, and they have baby blue, which has been out of stock for awhile on sephora!

Thank you so much, vo!  They carry my mufe diamond powder for slightly cheaper than sephora, and they have baby blue, which has been out of stock for awhile on sephora!
Ah cool, np. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Camera Ready Cosmetics online also sells many different 'pro' brands, including Ben Bye & Kryolan. As does Paints & Powders. Both have really good customer service. A shop that carries Kryolan finally opened in my area in 2012. I met the owner at IMATS. I was so happy when I heard of this I nearly piddled myself. I finally am able to go in & swatch Kryolan products, see which of their foundation shades & formulas suit me, and just generally play for hours on end. They don't keep everything in stock - Kryolan has a stupid amount of products - so I go swatch, try, write my list, place my order. The amount of product I get for $150 from Kryolan, compared to MAC, is incredible! My latest Kryolan order should be in any time.....can't wait!
Yeah, they finally opened up one here as well not too long ago... And I do what you do. It's just too bad that they don't have the full stores here in Canada like they do in the US, Europe, the Middle East and in South Africa. And just like your experience, they do make the effort to get in what you need, which they have done for me on several occasions in the past with no issues, even if you change your mind, they'll put it on the shelf, rather than return it to Head Office.

Latest posts

Back