Julep Rock Candy Nail Glaze

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few people were asking about whether the nail glazes looked like nail stains or jellies. I just did my nails in Marie (light lavender), and I'd say jelly. The polish goes on really nicely (no streaks!), and it dries super shiny & glossy. This color is kind of a lavender/pink. It's really pretty in person.

Originally Posted by Carmela DeJesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't get why they called it rock candy. Is it to match the lotion? It's pretty though
I think it's because the effect is supposed to look like rock candy. It's a sort of transparent, color tinted candy. That's just my guess!

I really like the way it looks. I saw a different swatch and it just looked like stained nails. This looks more like a sheer jelly.

Did they say anything about when these would be available on the julep website? I love these but I'd much rather buy them from Julep with my maven discount...

Did they say anything about when these would be available on the julep website? I love these but I'd much rather buy them from Julep with my maven discount...
Sadly no, I can't wait for these to come out.

Originally Posted by ledfordica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it's because the effect is supposed to look like rock candy. It's a sort of transparent, color tinted candy. That's just my guess!

I really like the way it looks. I saw a different swatch and it just looked like stained nails. This looks more like a sheer jelly.
Sephora has a vid up on the Rock Candy page describing these as jellies. They look like very pale, pastel jellies. I can't wait for these to show up in a Maven box now!!

I just got this glaze and i did two coats and it didn't really dry at all, i could scrape it off.....is this something you should only do one coat? 

the whole jelly thing is growing on me although right now i'd like them in more vibrant, visible shades.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you may be in luck, L'oreal's summer collection has 8 jellies

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/04/spotted-loreal-springsummer-2013.html#more
ooh! i'm not really into most of those particular shades, but i am really loving that purple. if it's buildable and true to color in the bottle, i'm so excited. i've been looking for a medium, bright but not neon at all, not distinctly blue or pink leaning purple (sounds crazy but i can't find it anywhere). thanks!!

Back