LovewithFood vs. Goodies Co. ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello beauties,

I'm subscribed to both LovewithFood and Goodies Co.  I think both of these subscriptions are very similar to each other and I think I may have to cut one of them out 
scared.gif
 (from my every growing sampling subscriptions)!  I'm torn between the two so I wanted to get your input on which you prefer and why?  

Please take into consideration:

• box quality
  • sample sizes
  • price (total value of box compared to what you receive)
  • any causes/donations/controversy associated with each company

I wish I could give you some insight on which one to choose, but I have only been subscribed to Goodies.Co for one month and I was not impressed with it. I will give Goodies one more month and if I don't like it I plan to unsubscribe. However, I have been subscribed to Love With Food for more than a year and love it. I think the value of the box is worth the $10 a month and you get a good variety of food samples to try.

I'm also subbed to both and I love them both.  To me, they're pretty different;  I think of Love with Food as more of a "try a lot of little (ie: small) things" sub while Goodies is more of a "try (fewer) normal sized things" sub.  You tend to get more options with Love with Food, but they are generally very small samples.  With Goodies you get less things to try but a larger amount of each sample.  Goodies is obviously far better priced, but I find them both worth it, especially since LWF has the wonderful meal donation system. 

Goodies is great if you're looking to try things that you can find in normal stores; Love with Food tends to have more specialty internet-order items (in my opinion).  I think the option of things to try (ie: a few months back I got a full-sized ice tea, which would be far to large for a LWF box) is larger with Goodies because they have a larger pool of foods to choose from, especially with Walmart as a parent company.  I guess it comes doen to what you are looking for -- if you just want to try new things, and maybe buy a only a couple full size items for the whole year, go LWF.  If you're looking for new staples to add to your pantry, go Goodies.  Can't lose either way!

Thanks for the input! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 Yeah, I'm leaning towards LovewithFood because it gives you more of a "sampling" experience of things you won't necessarily try out.  I feel that Goodies Co., although far cheaper with larger samples, is just a Walmart delivery service -- like I can easily go to Walmart and pick out these products.  But, I'll wait until I get my Goodies Co. box to decide.

I've subbed to both. In my experience, LWF has very tiny samples, and usually are things that definitely aren't worth it to me. "Just a bite" samples bug me. I need more than a bite to make up my mind about a product.

Everything I've gotten from them has been super common in grocery stores.

Even at Goodies, a lot of the time, it's things that have yet to hit Walmart shelves. I've gotten many things that I used to only be able to buy at Whole Foods or World Market. It's good to know that Walmart is getting them in, which means they'll be cheaper and easier to get ahold of.

Goodies is cheap, and always comes out to more than I paid. It also always has at least one full sized item. The sample sizes are always very nice. 

I've stuck with Goodies since October because I have yet to truly be disappointed. Last month was probably the worst so far(too many things I've had before), but I was still good with it, and felt it was worth the $7 I paid, at least.

I'm no huge fan of wal-mart, but kept an open mind, and have been VERY happy with Goodies. LWF, I've subbed twice, and cancelled twice. It's just not worth it to me.

I agree love with food is more of a sampler box. The portions are most of the time too tiny to snack on unlike goodies which has become my go to snack box. I like the variety that love with food has but I doubt I'd purchase most of the things they offer because they're not readily accessible. Since I redeemed my love with food points already, I've been thinking of canceling. I find goodies to be worth the $7. But $12 for samples that my bf could scarf down in one day....mehhh

plus the goodies box itself makes a great storage box

I loveLOVE Love With Food. I like that they donate a meal so that makes me feel good and I love trying all sorts of brands, types of food, and such I don't know about or have easy access to normally. I fell in love with a good 95% of what was in last months box. I'm actually going to order those nuts (that comes from a company that also donates money to a very good cause). They were CRAZY good. 
icon_eek.gif

I haven't tried Goodies yet. On the fence about that one. Number one reason being that I'm not fond of Wal-Mart (for care, or rather lack of care, of indigenous grounds. I'm Native Hawaiian and ugggh...). Number two reason is that I'm very into healthy clean eating with simple ingredients, whenever possible (also, organic whenever possible), and I definitely get that with LWF. I have been trying to stay away from super processed stuffs, high fructose corn syrup, etc. for months now.

I think it's just personal preference really. For quality, variety, the chance to experience new items I would never find on my own that are almost always healthy, I have really liked LWF. The donating a meal with every box thing is like a shiny cherry on top for me. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loveLOVE Love With Food. I like that they donate a meal so that makes me feel good and I love trying all sorts of brands, types of food, and such I don't know about or have easy access to normally. I fell in love with a good 95% of what was in last months box. I'm actually going to order those nuts (that comes from a company that also donates money to a very good cause). They were CRAZY good. 
icon_eek.gif

I haven't tried Goodies yet. On the fence about that one. Number one reason being that I'm not fond of Wal-Mart (for care, or rather lack of care, of indigenous grounds. I'm Native Hawaiian and ugggh...). Number two reason is that I'm very into healthy clean eating with simple ingredients, whenever possible (also, organic whenever possible), and I definitely get that with LWF. I have been trying to stay away from super processed stuffs, high fructose corn syrup, etc. for months now.

I think it's just personal preference really. For quality, variety, the chance to experience new items I would never find on my own that are almost always healthy, I have really liked LWF. The donating a meal with every box thing is like a shiny cherry on top for me. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've been getting dupes between the boxes, if you're worried about health food.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I know how you feel.  While Walmart's cheap there's also so much controversy surrounding them 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been getting dupes between the boxes, if you're worried about health food.
That's what I was afraid of, I don't want to be paying for the same products 
icon_sad.gif
.  I actually canceled both, but I will be receiving the LWF March box since I paid for it.  Goodies Co. may have larger products but it'll be harder for me to get rid of them if I didn't like them.  I actually ended up subscribing to Blissmo -- I like the idea of getting the opportunity to select from 3 different types of boxes (food, beauty or lifestyle) each month.

So far Graze + LWF is the right combo for me. It truly is a Wal-Mart issue first and foremost with me, and that's just a personal thing I don't expect others to have. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) LWF consistently having healthy stuffs in there and donating meals is a huge bonus, so I stick with them. 
heart.gif
 But if portion sizes = a big deal, I can see how LWF would be a let down at times.

Latest posts

Back