Purity or Mineral Elements by Eden Substitute?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need your help!! My roommate signed up for both the Purity and Mineral Elements by Eden free trials. If you haven't heard of either, most consider them scams. They offer you the trial, and if you don't agree to sign up for their club membership, they charge you like $150 for the trial. And if you do sign up for the membership, they charge you around $40 a month, but you only get the makeup every other month.

Problem is, she let me borrow both and the makeup is AWESOME. I'm hooked. I'm at the point where I'm just willing to pay the money for it. But, before I do, I wanted to see if anyone else here has used either one, and if they happened to have found a similar substitute. I've used Bare Minerals which leaves a matte type finish (in my opinion), where as these two foundations have a sparkle-like look... it's almost a sheen, dimensional look. I LOVE IT.

Any help?

There are other brands out there that provide a "lustre" type of finishing powder to go over the foundation, and that way you won't get sucked into a scam.  Alima and Aromaleigh both do, and Bare Escentuals has a pearl finish Mineral Veil.  If you're worried or concerned, you can try those.

Back