Makeup Count Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My coworker came over today to scavenge for samples and she saw my makeup stash.

she bet me that I can't even count all the stuff I have.

I can't count it all in one day. But I told her I'd try to count a section each day. I also bet her that my collection isn't as vast as some of yours out there. Please prove me right.

today I counted my brushes, (not including the little eyeshadow applicators or beauty wedges): face, 38; nails, 5.

So ladies, what are your counts? Would you bother to? Hahahha

Sometimes I have thought about making an inventory to avoid buying duplicates, but it seems like too much work. I feel like I would get frustrated and lose count. I have a pretty good idea of what I have to where if I were in a store I would recognize it. The problem is things I have a lot of, such as UD shadows, I wouldn't avoid buying a new palette even if I already had a lot of the colors in other palettes.

I used to do an inventory list, but it was too difficult to keep track of, now I just keep a small list of items that I use all the time. Consequently of that, I have quadruplets and sextuplets of each make-up product in my inventory. Tools, cases, bags, chairs, lights, and accessories are a minimum of threes and go up from there.

I know what I have because I don't have much, I do know I have 140ish nail polishes, but everything else idk how many of each I have. The only way I could buy dupes is with np XD But I know what I have or most of it XD

I've got a good amount...mainly foundations, mascaras, lip products and nail polishes. I probably have 7 or 8 liquid/cream foundations, 3 or 4 pressed powders, 2 translucent powders, 6 mascaras, 2 dozen lip products (balms, glosses and lipsticks) and 50 nail polishes. These are estimates/based of what I can think of off the top of my head. 

I actually don't have that much, anymore. When I was in HS my mom would spoil me to no end and let me drop hundreds at a time on makeup (sadly only drugstore). But when I moved out the first time I left it all behind and it disappeared. Those 7 drawer rubbermaid storage tower things were overflowing.

Now I have less than 30 pieces combined between face/blush/mascara/eyeshadow/palettes. I have over a 100 bottles of polish because those always made the joyful trip with me whenever I moved.

So I'm currently in the process of rebuilding. I've been looking at a storage solution for what I do have but idk because what I have barely fills one of those little three drawer table top storage units.

You want me to count?!
icon_eek.gif
But, but, but I have stuff to do during the day tomorrow... LOL.

Maybe I could count by sections too but it would definitely take awhile.

The last time I counted my foundations I think I had around 35-40 of all types. I was shocked. I figured I had about 20, at most. I still plan on buying 2 shades of Kevin Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer & one of Bobbi Brown's Longwear formula (which is a dead on match for my skin tone & looks phenomenal) and have 2 more from Kryolan that I'm waiting for. An obscene amount for somebody who doesn't work as a makeup artist. * Brushes, approximately 100, give or take * Brush cases: 5, I believe * Bronzers: approximately 18 * Blushes: around 94 cream, pressed, liquid & loose mineral types * Mascaras: around 25 * Eye primers: approximately 10 Can't be bothered to count my other eye or lip products. I say approximately because I know I've missed a few in each category I listed. A stupid amount of makeup, I must say. Especially when you consider I started my collection only when I came back to Canada a couple years ago. Never wore much makeup in the tropics. Too damn hot to be walking around with a full face of makeup every day.

Glad to know I am in this addiction with lots of others. ! Counting would take a long time for me!

Okay -- my count (of the products I could find/know I have -- I probably have some more hidden in obscure places like bags I never use, but this is a pretty good count):

Concealer: 2

BB cream: 2

Foundation:

Powders (not translucent): 4

Powders (translucent): 2

Eyeliner: 1 (believe it or not, but when I find an eyeliner I like, it's all I use for awhile)

Eyeshadow: 1 large palette that has 25 colors

Mascara: 9

Lip colors/glosses: 14

Didn't really feel like actually counting my nail polishes, but it's somewhere between 50 and 60.

According to my spread sheet:

I have about

6 MAC Primers/ make up base / color correctors

7 MAC foundations / concealer (liquid/cream only)

10 MAC powders (pressed, loose and powder foundations)

31 MAC brushes

7 MAC mascaras

114 MAC Lipglosses

113 MAC lipsticks

169 MAC single eyeshadows (small and big)

26 MAC quads

15 Holiday MAC eye palettes

36 MAC mineralized eyeshadows

75 full size MAC pigments

98 MAC powder blushers

40 MAC mineralized blushers

39 Oher MAC cheek products (Beauty powders, special reserve powders, highlighters EDSM, irridescent powders)

25 MAC mineralized skin finishes

20 MAC cream cheek products (creme blushers, CCBs )

35 MAC cream shadows (paint pots, shadesticks etc)

36 MAC eyeliners (pencil, liquid and gel)

95 other brand blushers / cheek products (NARS,too faced, YSL, Japanese brands )

6 Urban decay  eye palettes (BOS, Alice in wonderland, Vice palette, Naked, Black palette, summer love )

5 YSL eye palettes

36 lunasol eye quads (Japanese brand)

5 NARS eyeshadow duos

5 Dior eye quint palettes

7 Coffret D'or eye quads (Japanese brand)

5 Shu uemura eye palettes

12 Shu uemura single eye shadows

To be continued wiht my other non MAC products XD too many to finish updating my excel spread sheet for the moment

Brushes - 28

lipstick/lip gloss/lipstain/lip balm - 67

blush - 4

eyeshadow - 4

concealer - 3

mascara - 13

eyeliner - 12

nailpolish - 32

foundation - 7

BB Cream - 4

primer(face, eyelids, lips) - 6

setting sprays/powder - 4

OMG I have a small fetish for lip products XD  It was funny while counting I kept saying to myself: " I can't live with out this one.."  

Brushes: 9

Mascaras: 6 (I only use one at a time, so I am confused as to why I have this many...I only purchased 3, the rest came in subs)

Eyeshadow: 1 palette, 2 duos, 2 singles

Blush: 2

Lipstick: 2

Lipbalm/gloss: 3

Concealer: 2 (though I am giving one away...)

Eyeliner: 1

Primer: 1 full size, 4 deluxe samples (the samples came in subs)

Nail polish: 10

Powder: 1

Highlighter: 2

Bronzer: 2 (I don't know why I felt the need to buy a second, it's going to take me years to get through the first)

BB Cream: 1

Ok, I took a stab to make some rough estimates and omg I feel terrible about myself. I have 13 palettes, all of mostly eyeshadows, 32 individual eyeshadows (not including glamour doll eyes shadows), 11 mascaras, 47 lip products, 2 bb creams, 2 foundations, 3 face primers, 6 eyeshadow primers, 8 cream blushes, 9 cheek/lip tint products, 17 powder blushes...ok I'm going to stop because I'm embarrassing myself.

I saw this thread and decided I should count my stuff but not today. LOL I do know that I have enough stuff to pile up in my bedroom and take up 1/2 the bedroom.

Latest posts

Back