(help) College Graduation Make up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to graduate next week and haven't figure out what kind of make up should I use.

I browse a lot of graduation make up tips on the Internet but most of them are for daylight outdoor ceremony while my graduation is indoor at 5pm. Should I go with natural look like those on the daylight or a bit daring? 

An ideas with picture (if there's any) will be really helpful! thanks!

do whatever you want! personally, I'd go for a nude shimmery color palette with some bold liner and falsies. I wouldn't do anything too dark and heavy though.

I would probably go with a more classic look just bc you'll have the photo forever. Maybe incorporate your school colors into the look, my school's colors are black and gold so I would do black eyeliner on top and gold liner on the lower lash line. I would avoid a fake tan it might make you look tacky. Do whatever makes you feel beautiful this is your day. Congratulations.

Congrats! I agree. It's really up to you but I would go for something classic or neutral. Photos will probably be taken by the pro photographer that the school hires and family, friends, etc. You want a look where you will look at your pictures 50 years from now and love the way you looked.

Also, take into account if there will be tears/crying. You don't want makeup running down your face.

I did a pink smoky eye for my undergrad graduation. I used a drugstore compact and my eyeshadow was so faded by the time that I took pictures that it didn't show up. Now that I'm more experienced and have high-end makeup I will do a neutral eye look for my grad school graduation next year. My undergrad pics were so bad that I'm making sure to look fierce at my next graduation.

Thanks all.. Maybe I will go with brown/bronze color. I always use black smokey eye a lot so it'l be the first time for me to use a natural color. hope i nailed it!

Back