Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JC327

Julep: April 2013

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

 

You can always layer them, use white as a base or make a jelly sandwich.

 

I don't have any jellies so I am hoping for sheers so I can make a sandwich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest-- Julep's formulas for nail polish seem random at best (I love Ginger but Laura seemed watery, the pastels from last month). I'm going to skip the Rock Candy polishes until there is a wider set of "this works well/this is crap" thoughts. It's a newish formulation for Julep and that is always problematical for most polish companies. (Hoping that the Rock Candy formula works out but I'm not spending money on them until I see results from more people)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yeah, of course i know but i can get it for free doing that, and just pay shipping. coupon code freebox gets me robin, stefani and the warming foot scrub for $3.99
When I did Julep canceled the order since my address had already received the promo code box...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the April boxes contain the RockCandy polishes I'll be skipping -- I find that I'm disappointed by most Julep formulas and wish that I'd waited until I'd seen the reviews before I purchased them. Ginger was amazing but Laura was watery and really difficult. I just don't find Julep's formula consistant enough (and I find it off putting that I can't find very many Rock Candy reviews online even though they have been at Sephora for a while).  I really don't want the Cuticle treatment so the whole month will be a miss for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When I did Julep canceled the order since my address had already received the promo code box...
I find that a little ridiculous, what if you moved out and someone else just found Julep??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I find that a little ridiculous, what if you moved out and someone else just found Julep??
I'm not sure. I just know when I tried to order my mom a box and get me some add ons with it they canceled the order for the box but sent the add ons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by hiheather View Post

 

 

I'm not sure. I just know when I tried to order my mom a box and get me some add ons with it they canceled the order for the box but sent the add ons.

interesting. i've honestly done it before as i wanted to get a friend a good gift on a tight budget at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by casby View Post

 

If the April boxes contain the RockCandy polishes I'll be skipping -- I find that I'm disappointed by most Julep formulas and wish that I'd waited until I'd seen the reviews before I purchased them. Ginger was amazing but Laura was watery and really difficult. I just don't find Julep's formula consistant enough (and I find it off putting that I can't find very many Rock Candy reviews online even though they have been at Sephora for a while).  I really don't want the Cuticle treatment so the whole month will be a miss for me.

agreed. i've skipped the last 4 months because of their formula. i don't like any of their polishes, and just keep the sub around just in CASE there are some colors I can't say no to. and because I have jules to spend and idk what to do with them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

 

 

I find that a little ridiculous, what if you moved out and someone else just found Julep??

 

They match Name, Address and Credit Card numbers. 

 

so if any 2 of those have been used for a free box promo before, then they will cancel the order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about if say you have a little sister that is just getting Julep? Different name, same adress and cc info? I just think there's too many maybes to cancel someones order without getting all the circumstances

They match Name, Address and Credit Card numbers.  so if any 2 of those have been used for a free box promo before, then they will cancel the order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my roomie ordered the penny box after i did and it worked fine, we thought it'd get canceled! but my referral credit did get deleted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

 

What about if say you have a little sister that is just getting Julep? Different name, same adress and cc info? I just think there's too many maybes to cancel someones order without getting all the circumstances

 

Really? I think its fair. People shouldn't be able to scam a generous system to get extra free boxes. You shouldn't be able to use it to send free gifts to people. Just my opinion.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagirl87 View Post

 

my roomie ordered the penny box after i did and it worked fine, we thought it'd get canceled! but my referral credit did get deleted

See this seems fair to me. She ordered a box under her name with her own credit card, just the same address. It wasn't you ordering a box for her, you know? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

 

 

Really? I think its fair. People shouldn't be able to scam a generous system to get extra free boxes. You shouldn't be able to use it to send free gifts to people. Just my opinion.

 

 

See this seems fair to me. She ordered a box under her name with her own credit card, just the same address. It wasn't you ordering a box for her, you know? 

 

I think they match it more to email addresses.  I don't know if the people that had their orders cancelled were using the same email address?  At least, that's the way it is with most sub companies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shanny81 View Post

 

 

I think they match it more to email addresses.  I don't know if the people that had their orders cancelled were using the same email address?  At least, that's the way it is with most sub companies

Doubt it, its too easy to create another email address. I'm assuming they are actually looking at address/name/credit card info along with the email to prevent it. It wouldnt' be too hard to set up a filter like that in a database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Shanny81 View Post

 

 

I think they match it more to email addresses.  I don't know if the people that had their orders cancelled were using the same email address?  At least, that's the way it is with most sub companies

Creating a new email is easy. And unlike most companies, Julep actively doesn't want people to have multiple subscriptions. For other companies, people have them because they want multiples of the same box, but Julep you can actually buy another box from their store for the same price as the subscription box.

 

The only benefit from getting it directly that month is getting the addon polishes for $5 while in the store, it's ~$11. So if you wanted multiple Julep boxes and could skip what you wanted, keep what you don't, it wouldn't be benefit Julep to let people have multiple accounts. It would equate to them losing money. By addresses isn't great, but a lot of other places have "one per household" stipulations too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't say it was unfair, deary. If you have a legitimate reason for the situation, e.g. a family member in the same house, its not a scam.

Really? I think its fair. People shouldn't be able to scam a generous system to get extra free boxes. You shouldn't be able to use it to send free gifts to people. Just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was curious about the multiple accounts, so I asked their CS team. Here's the response:

 

 

Hi Allison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would be more than happy to assist you with this. You are more than welcome to have multiple accounts associated with the same billing and shipping address. However, we only allow one promotional Introductory Box per person per household. If you wanted to use a promotional code for an Introductory Box you can definitely do that, but if you wanted to purchase a second or third Introductory Box for additional subscriptions, they would need to be purchased at the full price of $19.99. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Maven Customer Service Team

1-877-651-3292
www.julep.com
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday 9am-1pm PST

“Without play, life just doesn’t taste good.â€
-Lucia Capacchione

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post

 

I was curious about the multiple accounts, so I asked their CS team. Here's the response:

 

 

Hi Allison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would be more than happy to assist you with this. You are more than welcome to have multiple accounts associated with the same billing and shipping address. However, we only allow one promotional Introductory Box per person per household. If you wanted to use a promotional code for an Introductory Box you can definitely do that, but if you wanted to purchase a second or third Introductory Box for additional subscriptions, they would need to be purchased at the full price of $19.99. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Maven Customer Service Team

1-877-651-3292

www.julep.com

Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST

Saturday 9am-1pm PST

“Without play, life just doesn’t taste good.â€

-Lucia Capacchione

 

 

Thanks for checking that. It's understandable why they do that, but I can see how it would suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

 

Didn't say it was unfair, deary. If you have a legitimate reason for the situation, e.g. a family member in the same house, its not a scam.

Right, but how can they know if someone's reason is legitimate? They have to have a system in place to protect themselves from scammers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

 

my friend that I surprised with an intro box is now a maven, so please stop using the word 'scam'.

 

And I'll bet she used the promo code to get her first box for a penny too so technically it sort of was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And I'll bet she used the promo code to get her first box for a penny too so technically it sort of was.
How exactly is that technically sort of a scam? Two people, two different accounts, two different Maven subs... I feel like you're saying out of a group of friends only one can use the code otherwise it is a scam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she means to say she's a maven in the sense that she bought passed her penny box and is now a loyal monthly subscriber. or I could have read that wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

 

my friend that I surprised with an intro box is now a maven, so please stop using the word 'scam'.

How's it not though? You already knew you liked the product and that your friend would like it. I mean, I guess its not if you gave her the account and that's what she uses, but I don't think Julep intended this to be an easy way to get someone a free gift.

 

Abuse of these types of things is a good way to get them taken away, but I feel like we've discussed this a million times in regards to promo codes, samples, return policies, etc on this board.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • If you want to have a great time, then you should visit https://casinosforrealmoney.org/07/12/what-is-the-best-real-money-casino-for-slots-online/. Where you will find the most interesting playgrounds in recent times.
    • Ladies with eczema!! How do you help your skin when you have a flare up, and what products do you use! Please & thank you 
    • Skin problems not only affect the physical appearance of an individual but also impact the mental health of an individual. Diagnosing the skin problem is essential to find a suitable treatment for the same. One can consult with an experienced skin specialist doctor in Delhi, Dr. Nivedita Dadu, to find  suitable and effective treatment for all the skin concerns. Negligence of treating skin conditions can cause harm to the texture and smoothness of the skin. Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic is one of the best skin treatment clinic in Delhi, where effective laser and cosmetic treatments are provided to treat various skin and hair concerns. Skin is the part of the body that remains exposed to the external factors and undergoes different challenges. The best thing about  dermatologists is that they help to find the cause of the skin problem and then provide relevant treatment. Get in touch with the best dermatologist in Delhi for treating various skin concerns at Dr. Nivedita Dadu’s Dermatology Clinic. For more information, pay a visit today!
    • Now I'm happy because I bought an expensive set of cosmetics and a large organizer. I work as a makeup artist and have long dreamed of changing my professional tools and cosmetics. Thanks to payday loan company North Carolina, my dream came true. I think a loan is a good way to fulfill your dreams.

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×