What's your beauty signature?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ladies,

I'm wondering what your beauty signature is.

Mine is definitely bold lips. I've always loved playing up my lips in one way or another whether it be a natural/sheer high shine gloss, or a matte lipstick...often, my lips are the most noticeable part of my face because I tend to keep my eyes and the rest of my face neutral and very natural/keep them bare.

Lately I've really gotten into red. I randomly found a red gloss one time when I was shopping, and I said what the hey, I'll get it! And I've been wearing it all the time since. I also really like matte lips though, but in terms of matte lip colors, I only had nudes and naturals, so I went out and bought some RED ones from Sephora (Nars Cruella and Dragon Girl) and OMG -- I am in love!! They're so bold and daring, but not so out there that I feel that it's too much.

I wore Cruella for the first time today, and I actually had a number of people comment on it. I was pretty sure people would, but I was also pretty sure that it would go over well because my red gloss always did. At first, I thought that I preferred Cruella, but I feel like it was because I was a little afraid of being so bold, but after a day of doing it and having so many positive responses, I feel like I'll rock the heck out of Dragon Girl on a regular basis!

Cruella on the Left and Dragon Girl on the Right. I tried to get a similar angle and lighting, and cropped them together so you can really see them side by side.

So...what's your signature?

Purple eyeliner is my signature - I like all sorts of shades, but my favorites are true purples like UD's Ransom (I use this one almost every day) and the Eyeko Skinny Liquid liner in Purple.

Definitely dark eye makeup. Black eyeshadow, black eyeliner. I may mix it up once in a while by layering a dark purple/green/blue over some of the black but most days I just have my plain ol' raccoon eyes.

I change up my lips all the time but my eye makeup routine has been the same ever since I started using makeup. It just feels/looks strange to me if I try to lighten it up.

Bold, dramatic eye looks - usually a colored sexy smokey eye - and glossy nude colored lips. Lately I've been wearing the UD Smoked palette with Rockstar, Loaded, or Evidence used wet.

Too bad my workplace is conservative.

Bold lips, too. I always wear two or three different lip stuff so my color stands out and people are always asking, what color is that? My only problem is I don't always reapply during the course of the day, but my base is always a stain so at least I have some color. I have a beauty mark on my bottom lip and whenever it shows, people always say I have a smudge of chocolate on my lip.

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ladies,

Mine is definitely bold lips. I've always loved playing up my lips in one way or another whether it be a natural/sheer high shine gloss, or a matte lipstick...often, my lips are the most noticeable part of my face because I tend to keep my eyes and the rest of my face neutral and very natural/keep them bare.

Lately I've really gotten into red. I randomly found a red gloss one time when I was shopping, and I said what the hey, I'll get it! And I've been wearing it all the time since. I also really like matte lips though, but in terms of matte lip colors, I only had nudes and naturals, so I went out and bought some RED ones from Sephora (Nars Cruella and Dragon Girl) and OMG -- I am in love!! They're so bold and daring, but not so out there that I feel that it's too much.

I wore Cruella for the first time today, and I actually had a number of people comment on it. I was pretty sure people would, but I was also pretty sure that it would go over well because my red gloss always did. At first, I thought that I preferred Cruella, but I feel like it was because I was a little afraid of being so bold, but after a day of doing it and having so many positive responses, I feel like I'll rock the heck out of Dragon Girl on a regular basis!

Cruella on the Left and Dragon Girl on the Right. I tried to get a similar angle and lighting, and cropped them together so you can really see them side by side.

Is that your mouth? If so, you have fantastic teeth!

My beauty signature is... I don't know. Can't say I have 'one thing' as my signature... yet!

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that your mouth? If so, you have fantastic teeth!

My beauty signature is... I don't know. Can't say I have 'one thing' as my signature... yet!
Yes, that would be me 
smile.gif
 Thanks!!

Do you professionally whiten your teeth?  I just had mine re-straightened and they need whitening. 

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you professionally whiten your teeth?  I just had mine re-straightened and they need whitening. 
I don't, and actually never have. It's mostly just natural. I used white strips...once...two years ago...I do use a whitening toothpaste, but those don't whiten your teeth so much as they keep them white. I've also never had braces. Guess I'm just lucky!!

I have a signature for when I am shooting my self portraits and that is red lips, though I have done other colors before. Often times I do red lips and nothing else.

When I am hosting/managing art events, I tend to mix it up. Whatever I wear I tend to get compliments from the other women as no one else in my group tends to play with make-up much.

For day to day going out I usually keep it really natural. Maybe a single color on my lid and mascara, a light lip gloss, and subtle blush.

I will probably develop more of a signature the longer I am at this. I have really only been experimenting for about 6 months now.

First, Dragon Girl looks amazing on you! I mean they both do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but Dragon Girl looks like it was made for you!

For me, black eyeliner has always been my go-to. It used to be the only thing I wore when I first started makeup and what I would rather wear if I'm in a rush and only have time to put on one makeup product.

Mascara and good looking skin lol, which translates to foundation. People always tell me my skin looks great and my lashes are pretty, but that's thanks to beauty products.

Originally Posted by casualbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First, Dragon Girl looks amazing on you! I mean they both do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but Dragon Girl looks like it was made for you!

For me, black eyeliner has always been my go-to. It used to be the only thing I wore when I first started makeup and what I would rather wear if I'm in a rush and only have time to put on one makeup product.
Aww!! Thanks!!! I love it!! I was walking to class this morning, and passed one of my friends who said "I love your lip color!" (I'm wearing -- no, ROCKING Dragon Girl today). Then I had another friend ask "What's with the red lips? Is there a boy? There's always a boy." HAHA.

even though i love a bold lip, my lips just arent my best asset. i love playing up my eyes... usually a smokey eye, even during the day! 

Originally Posted by SistaPlease /img/forum/go_quote.gif

even though i love a bold lip, my lips just arent my best asset. i love playing up my eyes... usually a smokey eye, even during the day! 
I think you have beautiful lips! But, your eyes are stunning!!

Quote: Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you have beautiful lips! But, your eyes are stunning!!

aww thanks! if i had lips like yours i would rock a bold lip everyday!

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ladies,

Those are beautiful reds, they look great on you.

Latest posts

Back