Springtime Favorites

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
Winter is almost officially over so we are turning to lighter spring colors. So what have you bought lately for spring? Do you already have something fabulous in your stash that is perfect for spring? Show us your spring favorites or lemmings!

I have been trying to add a bit more color to my daily routine. Here are a few of my new springy favorites:

Coastal Scents Go Palette - Sydney

e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadows in Flirty, Beachy and Dreamy

Starlooks Infinity Pot Liner in Princess Diaries

KB Shimmer Iris My Case

All images courtesy of Pretty Things

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

pretty! I stay with my neutrals, add a bright pink lip, and add lots of pastels on my nails :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
What's your favorite bright pink lip? You can share that.
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's your favorite bright pink lip? You can share that.
smilehappyyes.gif
lol. okay. I like the revlon just bitten kissable balm stain in sweetheart, the maybelline baby lips in pink punch has good pigmentation for me. I really like the new maybelline color whispers in petal rebel and pink possibilities :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> revlon lipbutter in lollipop is good too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love the Revlon Just Bitten ones too. I think I have like 8 of them hehe. I haven't tried the baby lips yet. Something keeps stopping me from buying it for some reason. Anyway, thanks for sharing hehe

I love the Revlon Just Bitten ones too. I think I have like 8 of them hehe. I haven't tried the baby lips yet. Something keeps stopping me from buying it for some reason. Anyway, thanks for sharing hehe
lol, no problemo. I have 4 I think. lol. and I love baby lips. I have every single one!(that they make for the states anyway)

I absolutely love Show Orchid from MAC. Most people don't like it at first because it looks intimidatingly intense. But it does look good and it's a great pop of colour to welcome in Spring.

same situation exactly with baby lips XD

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same situation exactly with baby lips XD
For me, it's the name. "Baby Lips".......it sounds creepy. I don't want my middle aged lips looking like I need a pacifier stuck in them.
laughno.gif
  I'm a staunch feminist and hate the infantilization of women's fashion.

I'm on Ambien, so please forgive if I offend.
arco.gif

I've been pulling out a bunch of fabulous pastels (mostly from my Coastal Scents 252 Palette) including pretty mints, corals, pinks and lavenders. I'm also madly in love with the gorgeous fresh flush that Benefit Fine-One-One gives you! Pair those with a pale matte baby pink lipstick and I'm good to go! and now for some Springtime icons! lol 
bunny3.gif

bee.gif
hb.gif

I keep looking for an inexpensive pastel palette, particularly since I saw the NYX Spring Fling one. Unfortunately, all the pastels I see are either in the huge palettes, are expensive, or do not contain blues and greens which is what I want. I love purple, but I have a lot of them. I do not mind more, but I do need some other colors to justify buying a palette. I am stalking this thread in hopes that someone will share something. The Sydney palette looks promising. I did not buy it before because the colors looked so bright, but the swatches look more pastel, I think. Hmm...

The one thing I am loving for spring is my new light pink (versus peachy) blush from Stila called Love at First Blush. I realize the peach is probably more warming weather appropriate, but I just got the pink and I do love it ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dekilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I keep looking for an inexpensive pastel palette, particularly since I saw the NYX Spring Fling one. Unfortunately, all the pastels I see are either in the huge palettes, are expensive, or do not contain blues and greens which is what I want. I love purple, but I have a lot of them. I do not mind more, but I do need some other colors to justify buying a palette. I am stalking this thread in hopes that someone will share something. The Sydney palette looks promising. I did not buy it before because the colors looked so bright, but the swatches look more pastel, I think. Hmm...

The one thing I am loving for spring is my new light pink (versus peachy) blush from Stila called Love at First Blush. I realize the peach is probably more warming weather appropriate, but I just got the pink and I do love it ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am enjoying my Sydney palette for sure. It doesn't break the bank either.

As far as other ideas there is the NYX CAIPIRINHAS ON THE BEACH:

Source

Source

For some greens:

There is Wet n Wild I Dream of Greenie

Source

There is Maybelline EyeStudio in Forest Fury. They aren't all pastels but 4 of the 5 colors look springy to me.

Source

Source

Last but not least, a palette that has both from Shany Cosmetics:

Hope this helps!

Coral cheeks (elf hd blush in superstar)

peachy pink bright lipgloss (I'm in search of one right now, any suggestions?)

Originally Posted by imelysa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Coral cheeks (elf hd blush in superstar)

peachy pink bright lipgloss (I'm in search of one right now, any suggestions?)
I got some of this in Superstar too but it is really dark on me even when I blend it like crazy. It's too bad because I liked how it felt. My mom loves it though.

I've been relying heavily on brown eyeliner (mainly the Starlooks brown pencil liner from the January box and the brown stila smudgestick that was in the 2012 holiday set), Starlooks Fancy Diamondline pencil used as lid color, essence Fruity eye sorbets and blush sorbet (this was apparently a summer line in Europe last year, but they seem more spring-y to me), Starlooks Tipsy lipliner/lipgloss/lipstick, and Starlooks Cheeky Luscious fluid blush.  Brown + green = leaves coming back to the trees, which is most definitely spring to me, and if you have trees, you should also have peaches!  I have *no clue* why Tipsy and Cheeky Luscious have become my go-to colors lately, but they have, so I'm just going with it since I did buy them all.  I'm also using other colors like Sephora + Pantone Emerald and some blues (and Starlooks Princess Diaries Infinity Liner.  Can you tell I've recently become obsessed with this company?), but these are the ones that are just *spring* to me, so these are the ones that will probably be rotated out once summer hits:  Brown, metallic mint green, peach, and coral.  Late spring -- May and June -- will probably see me break out the deep-but-bright greens and roses to go with the browns since that's Rose Festival time around here, and I love a good color theme.

(Adding more color to the mix isn't an issue for me.  It's actually not really an option since I am already heavily reliant on it.  I'm just picky about whether I think colors are appropriate for the season/month, so my beloved blackened purple/green/etc. stuff have to go away for a little while.  They're more autumnal/wintery to me.  On the up side, peaches, lighter-than-forest greens, and shimmery washes?  Time to play!  After going through autumn and winter being obsessed with stila smudge sticks and tarte SmoulderEyes shadow sticks in as many colors as I could get my hands on, I'm kind of weirded out that I am sticking to a fairly small collection of colors right now.  I'm still on the hunt for just the right navy pencil liner, but other than that, I actually think I'm solid for my spring colors, and navy isn't strictly spring, so I'm not sure that really counts here.  I wouldn't turn down a nice lavender/lilac eyeshimmer along the same lines as the Princess Diaries gel liner or the essence eye sorbets, and I actually know where I could get one that is close to perfect, but I'm not sure I want it enough to actually *spend money* for it right now.  Hey, look!  Self-control!  I *can* practice it!)

Oh, I forgot about nail polish.  That's a whole separate issue to be dealt with another day!

I've started going for a lighter look now that it's a bit warmer. I've been wearing brown eyeliner and a peach blush. The blush I've been using is Benefit's Georgia which is discontinued now :-/ I've also been wearing nude colors on my nails latley. Today I am going to start using my Glinda pallet that I got a few weeks ago and am yet to use once!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol. okay. I like the revlon just bitten kissable balm stain in sweetheart, the maybelline baby lips in pink punch has good pigmentation for me. I really like the new maybelline color whispers in petal rebel and pink possibilities :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> revlon lipbutter in lollipop is good too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
In complete agreement about the RJBKBS in Sweetheart!  My goodness, that thing is gorgeous.  (I love the rest of your picks, but that one's my fav!) 

It's bright eye colors like green, yellow orange for me and Bright pink and coral lipsticks.

Back