Etsy Sellers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was browsing around on Etsy and found some cute stuff for great prices. I am however a little hesitant about ordering something to put on my face from random people. Was just wondering if any of you order from Etsy and if you could recommend any trusted sellers. Thanks :)

Hey JamieRobinson! 

I am a big Etsy fan - I've bought some great trendy pieces, often for a good deal. 

From my experience Etsy's a pretty safe and secure site. But I get where you're coming from, it's easy to be skeptical! I've had two friends who have set up shop on Etsy and they deliver all their product (they were selling jewelry and clothing) on time, and it's of high quality. 

Etsy also has terms laid out on their website with respect Non-Delivery: 

Quote: "A non-delivery situation arises when a buyer placed an order and submitted payment, but then did not receive the item. Etsy encourages a buyer to first contact the seller via Conversations to try and work out the issue. If this is unsuccessful, the buyer may report that the item has not arrived and open a non-delivery case within the applicable time frame....." (see here for full details) 

I have a girlfriend who sells vintage clothing - if you're into that I'd be happy to link you to her account. Let me know : ) 

Divya 

I have personally ordered from KB Shimmer Nail Polish, Chaos and Crocodiles Nail Polish, Pink Bow Bath Boutique, and Theme Fragrance. I know there are more but I can't think of them right now.

I've bought nail polish from Chaos & Crocodiles...AMAZING products and fantastic customer service! You can check her out on facebook as well! She ships fast and on time and puts the customer first!

I'm both a buyer (craft supplies, nail polish) and a seller ( hand-knotted hair ties) on Etsy. I'm just getting started and my shop is a mess. I would say always use PayPal, read seller feedback, and ask every seller at least 1 question before you even consider buying from their shop. If they won't answer questions, chances are they aren't going to have good customer service after the sale either. I had 1 photographer who refused to tell me what kind of paper my image would be printed on. That's a big no-no because I am not going to buy a fine art photograph printed on anything but acid-free, lignin-free, archival quality paper. A good seller always has time to answer questions.

I am starting a shop on etsy and wanted to know if anyone has any tips for first time sellers? I will be making and selling bracelets. They are glass beads on silver tone snake chain and I have been told they resemble pandora bracelets. Any advice is highly appreciated and I thank you in advance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought some eye shadows from Madison Street Beauty, she also sells nail polish. I have also ordered from Rachel Rene Bath and Body, but I ordered from her website, not Etsy. Both of those sellers were great ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am starting a shop on etsy and wanted to know if anyone has any tips for first time sellers? I will be making and selling bracelets. They are glass beads on silver tone snake chain and I have been told they resemble pandora bracelets. Any advice is highly appreciated and I thank you in advance :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I would say the best thing Etsy has done for new sellers is create Etsy Seller Handbook and all the articles about getting started and improving your shop on the Etsy website. Print them off and use them as a guide to get your shop up and running and in the best shape possible. They're the most helpful thing ever, at least for me and my shop, eventhough I haven't done most of the things they suggest yet because I don't have time and the full Etsy website will not work on my phone. Good photos and well-written descriptions make all the difference.

I have become a horrible Etsy freak in the past year, since discovering Madison Street Beauty! They have GREAT sales, and the quality is excellent. Erzulie Cosmetics has some wonderful lip-and-cheek color, also very reasonably-priced. Soapy Layne has a great mineral bronzer, some nice lip tints and gorgeous fragrances and bath products. The All Natural Face has a huge, full line of mineral makeup and body products, and one of the best monthly subscriptions I've ever tried. All of them ship quickly, are fast to correct any problems that (very rarely) arise, and provide stellar service. For Goodness Grape used to be on Etsy but now has its own website (www.forgoodnessgrape.com). I'm addicted to their Lip Candy (delicious flavored lip balms) as well as the solid perfume sticks and lip tints. The variety is nearly mind-boggling, and the prices very friendly.

What a great thread topic! I've been wondering the same as well. I looove Etsy but just haven't found out where to start beauty wise on here. Excited to check out all your suggestions!

Etsy is such a dangerous place for me and my credit card- I always find something to buy everytime I go there!

Madison Street Beauty is really good! I fell in love with their blushes, as they are easily buildable. Their foundation was pretty good too, has lots of coverage and stays put!

Another beauty place to check out is My Beauty Addiction- they sell mineral foundations and other makeup, and they are mainly well-known for their HUGE eyeshadow colour collection. Their skincare is amazing- I've used their charcoal cleanser and grapefruit toner, which are great for blemish-prone skin. Unfortunately due to Etsy's policy changes, the lady that runs that store had to remove all of her skincare off Etsy. Thank goodness she has her own website mybeautyaddiction.com.

I've bought empty palettes (similar to Z Palettes, but with a larger selection of designs) from Book of Shadows.  Also bought Nerdlacquer polishes back when they were available on etsy.  Both experiences were good. 

I also like The All Natural Face (TANF), but I buy directly from their web site.  The only down side with TANF I've had is that they didn't answer some email inquiries I had on one shipment that was taking a long time.  Not sure if they advertise sales on the etsy site, but they do on their web site.

I'm always buying things from Etsy, but I don't ever buy anything that would go on my face like makeup or skincare. I just don't feel comfortable putting something on that isn't well known or sold in a popular store or salon.

I'm always buying things from Etsy, but I don't ever buy anything that would go on my face like makeup or skincare. I just don't feel comfortable putting something on that isn't well known or sold in a popular store or salon.
Same here. I do buy a lot of house ware type stuff, jewelry, gifts, and clothes. I've found so many great things and can spend hours looking! I had one bad experience where I purchased a blog layout and the seller went MIA for a month. The shop got tons of negative feedback and they're closed now. I don't think you can dispute digital goods from PayPal but I did get my layout!

I haven't bought any makeup products from Etsy, but I found a great pair of DR Martens for 35 dollars!!!! Agh, one of the happiest days of my life LOL 
icon_cheers.gif

I haven't personally purchased any cosmetic/skincare products from etsy but when I was still subscribed to the Eco Emi sub box, a lot of their monthly products were from Etsy shops. One item I truly loved was an organic handmade soap from the etsy shop Theraganics. I got the Detox Charcoal Bar soap and omg it smelled amazing! It was like bamboo charcoal with peppermint and tea tree oil.

The April Eco Emi box also had an item from an etsy seller called Rainwater Botanicals. It was a face mask call Dead Sea Mud. I used it a bit and it was just ok. It seemed to have good reviews on Eco Emi's facebook though. But it dried out my face too much so I'm just gonna save it for summer when I usually get more oil on my face after work.

Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I looooove etsy. I've bought soaps, lip balms, shirts and jewelry on there. I've never had any issues.
I so rarely have issues that when I do get them, they are glaring in blinking orange neon. One vendor kept updating her products but a month went by without getting my order. I sent several unanswered convos and finally reported her. I got a refund and my order a week alteer with a note that she was in Russia for a month and hadn't been able to mind her store. In the meantime her items were constantly updating. And then a couple of years ago out of the blue I got the email of evil from Cheri at Orglamix, who afterward explained that it was meant for another person. It was so vile, threatening and filthy that I've never bought from her again, even after she got spanked off Etsy.

Originally Posted by Xiang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't personally purchased any cosmetic/skincare products from etsy but when I was still subscribed to the Eco Emi sub box, a lot of their monthly products were from Etsy shops. One item I truly loved was an organic handmade soap from the etsy shop Theraganics. I got the Detox Charcoal Bar soap and omg it smelled amazing! It was like bamboo charcoal with peppermint and tea tree oil.

The April Eco Emi box also had an item from an etsy seller called Rainwater Botanicals. It was a face mask call Dead Sea Mud. I used it a bit and it was just ok. It seemed to have good reviews on Eco Emi's facebook though. But it dried out my face too much so I'm just gonna save it for summer when I usually get more oil on my face after work.
I'm using that Theraganics Detox Charcoal soap right now, love it!

Back