Anyone else save your empty Birchbox boxes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I save all my empty Birchbox boxes because they are such nice little boxes and seem like they would be good for something, but I don't really know what. I used a few wrapping Christmas present last year and I've given a few to my four year old DD for her "treasures." Anyone have any creative uses for them? Or am I just being a hoarder and should throw them out already?

You're being a hoarder if you don't use the boxes but if you're crafty or like DIY projects then there's lots of things you can do with it like create a magnetic palette out of it. I haven't completely thought that out but I plan on - eventually when I have time - to turn at least one into a palette similar to a Z Palette.

I am a hoarder of all my sub service boxes...

I actually piled them on my bed earlier today and trashed a few. A couple went to my daughter to organize a few of her things. One is currently a car for my son's stuffed cat. lol

I will have to think of something to use them for because they are driving me nuts just sitting around on a shelf in my room. One day I will get sick of seeing them and trash them all.

I guess I'm a hoarder then lol. I know I can use them for something but haven't had time to do anything with them yet.

Well, I'm hoarder as well with the boxes. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They're great for keeping stuff in but sometimes decorating the boxes or figuring something out is just a pain. I'm almost to the point I'm throwing what boxes I don't use out but I know if I do then I'll end up needing a box. LOL

I use mine to organize samples I receive. I also use some to store nail polish and nail polish strips. I used them when I moved to hold small items I didn't want to get broken or lost in the clutter. 

Also use them to organize samples and stuff in my vanity drawers.  Use the tili bag to hold foil samples that I like to send to swap hostesses when I do a fabric/quilting swap or a seasonal swap with other military wives.

Sometimes, I'll use one to send my sister a little pick-me-up box, too.

I use them as drawer organizers for my bathroom, nightstand, desk, etc. I also make handmade cards, and the boxes are the perfect size for them, either for shipping or storing. So if you're a hoarder, I guess you're not alone. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I throw mine away. I used to hoard them, but then I just had birchboxes, beauty army boxes, glossy boxes, etc all over the house and it looked ridiculous. I know I had the idea to go ahead and decorate and use them cutely, but I'll never get around to it. I finally became realistic and got rid of them. I always buy ikea or container store storage anyway.

I throw mine away. I used to hoard them, but then I just had birchboxes, beauty army boxes, glossy boxes, etc all over the house and it looked ridiculous. I know I had the idea to go ahead and decorate and use them cutely, but I'll never get around to it. I finally became realistic and got rid of them. I always buy ikea or container store storage anyway.
Thank you for the reality check! I think I'll bag mine up today...you're so right....I'm NEVER going to do anything with them!

Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for the reality check! I think I'll bag mine up today...you're so right....I'm NEVER going to do anything with them!
It was a really good feeling when I finally had them out of my house and didn't have to look at stacks of empty boxes anymore! Good for you! 

I keep a few Birchboxes -- including the outer shipping boxes -- on hand for multiple-item swaps, but I recycle most of them. I do keep my boxes from Glossybox, Beauty Army, Loose Button -- basically, the nicer, sturdier boxes -- for storage, though. I love pretty boxes, and I do use them. My aunt came over one night and saw my stack of Glossyboxes and thought I had received a bunch of them recently that were still full of samples, but all of them were full of other small things like lipgloss, perfume oil, pens, manicure supplies, etc. I really need to get some sort of shelving to store these because they're currently just kind of stacked against the wall at the moment.

I keep mine for gifts, I don't like to wrap gifts so its easier to give a nice box. I currently have a few with samples I need to use as well.

I use the women's boxes to send out giveaway stuff in. But I keep the men's boxes for myself. They are so much nicer/usable.  I do save stuff like the squiggles from julep & glossybox for packing/gift material but try to get rid of most of the boxes. It's too much.  I also <3 the KlutchClub inside boxes. They are awesome.

I line them with wax paper, then use them to wrap chocolate covered strawberries, or chocolate covered cake bites, that I make for gifts.

I also use them to hold craft supplies.

Hoarding as well. I use glossybox for Nail polish. I have birch boxes lined up in a draw to hold the samples. But I use myglam bags for storing personal makeup. I am working on an actual storage with draws and I think more boxes will get used in there. The Sample craziness shall never end. lol

Latest posts

Back