• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ModCloth Stylish Surprise Grab Bags

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Modcloth is doing their stylish surprise deal again! There are apparel mystery items for $15 each. I saw reviews online from last year and a lot of girls got expensive dresses :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They also have one for shoes and one for accessories

I wouldn't say a lot get expensive dresses, I've also seen blouses, t-shirts, shorts, skirts, etc. It's kind of a hit or miss imo. When I was on the modsquad last year a lot of girls were posting in our group really tragic looking items that they were trying to trade off, or things that just didn't fit in general.

Also to answer kyuu's question: modcloth carries different brands/designers so the sizing isn't always consistent, I only like ordering from them when I can get one item in multiple sizes since it's hard to find things that work for my shape. If you're a person who is pretty low maintenance about the way things fit and not too picky about styles, it's definitely worth it. They do have a size chart on their site for reference, though.

i'm pretty straight as a ruler lol. so i don't mind any fit. I got an xs which usually always fits me. and if it's too big I just add a belt to the top, dress, or skirt to make it fit better. or a lot of the time i'll alter my clothing that doesn't fit.

I ordered one. We'll see if I get something that fits. I'm usually a medium but I ordered a large because I'm somewhat *ahem* "chesty" and modcloth items tend to be tight in the bust for me, no matter the brand. 

Ordered one in small, hopefully that was the right decision! I usually have terrible luck in mystery items but they're still fun and I just couldn't resist for $15+shipping.

LOL Well I'm trying to replace my wardrobe so I got 4, just to get free shipping. I can justify it because I can't stand half my closet. I gotta empty it out at some point and just donate, but right now I just don't have any clothes to replace it with and I hate doing laundry so ugh.

Half the joy of this for me is not having to try on crap/make decisions. It's kind of scary not knowing what you're going to get and I'm not convinced ModCloth's styling matches my own, but I'm hoping a few nice things will come out of it. If not, I'll eat the costs and know better next time *shrugs*

Also, aw crap I missed the 3.5% cash back from ebates. :C This is what I get for buying things at work. Maybe I should just install ebates on my work chrome

you should use fatwallet. i forgot to go through their link but because my paypal is connected with them anytime i use it it does everything for me lol. so i got the email saying I got 5% back without even remembering to use their link!

and i was also debating getting more bags, i'm in the same boat as you. my wardrobe has been suffering for awhile and my main problem is that i cant' decide what to try, i like unique things but i don't have time to go try out new styles!

Originally Posted by counting1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you shop at Modcloth often, you may want to use Mr. Rebates instead! They give you 10%.
darn! i'll check them out next time, thanks

Originally Posted by counting1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you shop at Modcloth often, you may want to use Mr. Rebates instead! They give you 10%. (Removed)
Woah! Thank you! I buy from modcloth quite often and I had no idea there was a company that rebates that much more than ebates. 

Someone sent me a $10 gift card from rang.com lol. Everything is sold out besides the size S apparel bag. So I went for it! I'm usually an XS but i've been reading some reviews on how their stuff runs small...so maybe an S will work too. I'm really hoping things work out lol I got 2 XS bags and 1 S. 

I've also read that some people usually do buy 2 sizes for the mystery bags since their sizes can overlap.

I went to the website, and couldn't find these, can someone post a link to the order page, like where the item is to add to cart, please? Thanks! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to the website, and couldn't find these, can someone post a link to the order page, like where the item is to add to cart, please? Thanks! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They're very limited in quantities, only it stock for about a day usually, so it's all sold out I believe. If you're interested in knowing when the next one is I recommend signing up for modcloth's email list or following them on facebook!

Got a tracking number! I'm confused... ModCloth says it's shipping FedEx, but when i plug the tracking # into google, it pulls up a USPS tracking code. I really hope FedEx is going to pass it onto USPS rather than be FedEx because picking it up is going to be a pain. <_> The only thing in New York that is less convenient than anyone else: mail. SIGH

I picked up one each of apparel and accessories. 

The first one I bought turned out to be a very pretty/simple/just what I needed black dress that fits like a glove.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Only problem is, I have nowhere to wear it...but it's hanging in my closet for when I have to dress up.

The second was a butt ugly, dusty rose colored blouse that I ended up donating.  Someone, somewhere is getting good use out of it...so no major loss there.

Mine should be here Saturday, but I won't be able to pick it up until Monday since the package won't be able to fit in my PO box.

Ooops, sorry didn't realize I was not allowed to post the link to Mr. Rebates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've had okay luck with this, last time I got a couple of dresses and a couple of tops. I traded one of each for something I liked more, but they were not ugly at all. This time around I really went crazy with it, I got the notification pretty early on and I got 3 shoes, 6 apparel and 5 accessories. Lets hope I don't get burned! Everyone report back to show us what you received!

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked up one each of apparel and accessories. 

The first one I bought turned out to be a very pretty/simple/just what I needed black dress that fits like a glove.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Only problem is, I have nowhere to wear it...but it's hanging in my closet for when I have to dress up.

The second was a butt ugly, dusty rose colored blouse that I ended up donating.  Someone, somewhere is getting good use out of it...so no major loss there.

Mine should be here Saturday, but I won't be able to pick it up until Monday since the package won't be able to fit in my PO box.
lol that sounds like a blouse i would love actually! where did you trade yours? online or with friends?

Latest posts

Back