What is the FAIREST mineral makeup out there?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The lightest shade in Bare Minerals is too dark for me. The closest thing that matches me is the Fair Neutral by Everyday Minerals, and if I'm not mistaken, that's the lightest shade they make. I could stand for it to be even lighter than that though. I wish they'd actually make a pure white mineral foundation for mixing with other shades like they do liquid foundations.

If you get into Alima Pure's 0 shade range, they're practically white.  Also, Aromaleigh makes two shades - "Ghost" and "Alabaster".  Ghost is pretty much white, while Alabaster isn't quite as white, but pretty close.

I've been eying a shade on Etsy called "Casper" that has both concealer and foundation versions.  I've been putting off trying it because while the concealer is described as "sticky" it's still a powder, which seems odd to me.

So the Casper stuff sat in my favorites for about a year until Etsy did that new thing where you get to make lists and group things together, and now it's sitting in my "cosmetics, etc." list, waiting for me to get up the nerve to actually order it. 

So while I can't actually recommend anything since I haven't tried it (yet,) there are definitely Etsy sellers that specifically make shades for people paler than the lightest regular commercial shades. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Maggiedoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been eying a shade on Etsy called "Casper" that has both concealer and foundation versions.  I've been putting off trying it because while the concealer is described as "sticky" it's still a powder, which seems odd to me.

So the Casper stuff sat in my favorites for about a year until Etsy did that new thing where you get to make lists and group things together, and now it's sitting in my "cosmetics, etc." list, waiting for me to get up the nerve to actually order it. 

So while I can't actually recommend anything since I haven't tried it (yet,) there are definitely Etsy sellers that specifically make shades for people paler than the lightest regular commercial shades. 
Sticky is good for a concealer....and YUP some minerals are sticky!

We carry an untinted version in each of our formulas.

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you get into Alima Pure's 0 shade range, they're practically white.  Also, Aromaleigh makes two shades - "Ghost" and "Alabaster".  Ghost is pretty much white, while Alabaster isn't quite as white, but pretty close.
Agreed! I enjoy Alima Pure. @leosynth There is also Silk Naturals as an option. They are good cost-wise, and they do have a pure white base. You get the colour powder that is appropriate to your complexion and add as much (or little) as you need of it to get your perfect match. The Silk Naturals 'regular or original' bases are a bit lighter than Alima's foundation in terms of coverage (I'm not talking shades here) so I'm going to be trying their 'medium coverage' white base next as I want a bit more coverage.

For Alima, make sure to order some samples to try it out, and then wait for one of their sales, which happen twice a year, if you plan to use their foundation full-time. I am really ticked off about their new $20 shipping fee to Canada! It is ?a bargain? of $15 if you order over $65 worth. It's made it very very very much easier for me recently to resist their new lines of products and seasonal and LE releases. Any savings is smashed by that shipping! And I honestly have tons of mineral shadow and blush. It also really annoys me that they still send me 'free shipping' notes all the time when they only apply to the continental US, despite my request that they stop teasing me with that! I've ordered lots of times in the past, so they have my address and know perfectly well that they're sending me non-applicable "specials"!

So now Silk Naturals is something I'm going to try with the medium base (which I already have, but just haven't mixed up). Hopefully they don't go nuts with their shipping fees too!

LA Minerals has untinted. And they make custom mixes. In winter I fade out and get a custom mix of my summer shade with the next lightest shade.

Latest posts

Back