Sign in to follow this  
Guest kimmud2

Panty Fly discussion

I am super relieved people are at least getting their undies.  I guess our styles are different but I actually would have loved any of those, though their being no name brands sucks.  The size thing is awful though :( You should email and complain, though after today who knows where that will get you...

Originally Posted by KayEss View Post

Okay, so I got my April order just now. Ugh, super disappointed. These are really bad photos, since I'm kind of in a rush, but basically...

This pair is okay and the right size but the material is really really cheap feeling. The brand is a no-name, something like L.A. Express?

This leopard print is really trashy and the material feels like it has been spray painted on. Also seems like they will be really uncomfortable

I LOVE this pair even though it's also a generic brand I've never heard of, but guess what? It's a small. My size is a large, not a small. So...no way will these be wearable.

Originally Posted by KayEss View Post

I LOVE this pair even though it's also a generic brand I've never heard of, but guess what? It's a small. My size is a large, not a small. So...no way will these be wearable.

They went from American Apparel to incorrect sized no name brand underwear, talk about a bait and switch. They really seem to be clearing out clearance bulk underwear purchases.

LOL Sorry but I can't completely disclose what was sent via PM. I really wish I could but I can't.

:( can we get a summary? Cuz just telling us he got pissy isn't cutting it for my drama needs lol. ;D
LOL Sorry but I can't completely disclose what was sent via PM. I really wish I could but I can't.

Well, I got my shipping notice for my April delivery, and it seems to be moving along via tracking, so I should have an update by the end of the week as far as quality/style.  It really sucks that this company is starting to show up shady, because I (personally) have had a good experience with them so far.  My emails have been replied to promptly, and I've always had my concerns addressed.  But I'm definitely not going to stick around if they are starting to get involved in all kinds of drama and not letting ppl post honest feedback/criticism on their FB wall. 

and Katlyne, totally with you on wanting to know the drama details... but Zadidoll, I know you can't share!  

Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

frown.gif can we get a summary? Cuz just telling us he got pissy isn't cutting it for my drama needs lol. ;D

The facebook posts speak for themselves, honestly.

I am super relieved people are at least getting their undies.  I guess our styles are different but I actually would have loved any of those, though their being no name brands sucks.  The size thing is awful though :( You should email and complain, though after today who knows where that will get you...
Idk, I don't think our styles are terribly different. I liked the first pair but the material felt so cheap and polyesterey that I don't think I will love them. The second pair I liked the lace and colors, and I'm even okay with leopard print, but the scratchiness and that particular print wasn't the best. The third pair I really like too. Not so much the style, more the quality of fabric, plus sizing. I will probably send an email tomorrow, not sure if it will get me anywhere. It really is a bait and switch but I don't feel that there is much I can do. They didn't promise name brand products so I'm not that upset about that part because I knew that was kind of a risk of subbing. Getting incorrectly sized underwear, on the other hand, IS something I can complain about.

frown.gif can we get a summary? Cuz just telling us he got pissy isn't cutting it for my drama needs lol. ;D

Same. =( lol.

This sounds very familiar!!?? Fake customers posting rave reviews, cheap discontinued products, freindly emails about cancels, replacments, and refunds that don't actually happen. Followed by a break is the pychy when an honest opinion is slightly negative in a post. Once the scam is uncovered and they are banned, resorting to facebook for psychotic rant, and deleting any negative customer posts on their wall. And then taking down their own rant, only later to probably have another. I swear I heard this plot somewhere before!

• Like 1

Here's what I can share. I sent the accounts in question the Terms of Service and explained what rules were violated. I'm always amazed how people don't read the welcome PM since it contains the link to the TOS and people are told in that PM to READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE AKA THE FORUM RULES! Then people complain when a moderator or I have to step in to enforce the rules. If people just took the time read those rules it really would save the staff so much time. LOL

Forum Rules and Regulations

Makeup Talk is open to the general public for free, all others (companies, business owners and representatives) must purchase an advertising plan if you wish to post on Makeup Talk.

This is a public website/forum where your ideas can be expressed. Opinions expressed are the views of the person posting the message and do not reflect the positions of any officer or staff of MakeupTalk.com. We do not necessarily condone, endorse, support, encourage or agree with the comments, opinions of the message board posts/threads posted. MakeupTalk.com is not responsible for the materials posted by its participants.

By not following these rules herein, could result in banning of the IP address/usernames at any staff member's discretion and without warning.

MakeupTalk was created to help people that enjoy beauty products, makeup, cosmetics, makeup faces of the day, nails of the day, and skin care, hair care, bath and body, fun polls, fitness, product reviews, and beauty swaps.

Forum Rules

1. Be polite and respect other members and staff. Blatant mean posts will result in banning of user account and/or ip address.
  2. Users are not allowed to have multiple accounts under the same IP address. If you wish to change your username or have your account deleted please contact an Administrator.
  3. Disruptive posts are not allow.
    • No necroposting: do not post in threads that are more than six months old as information in it may be out of date. Please start a new thread if possible.
    • Teaser links to your blog, website, Facebook, YouTube or any other social media site (i.e. "I did a review/tutorial, read my blog for more information") are not allowed.
    • Posting the same item over and over in various threads (i.e. "Check out my video") is not allowed.
  4. Promoting or soliciting websites and/or products in which you profit from (including but not limited to Mary Kay, Avon, Mark, Artistry or any other similar company) is not allowed unless you are a current advertiser with Makeup Talk.
  5. If you are a private seller of Mary Kay, Avon, Mark, Artistry or any other similar company do not post your link on our site including in our Reviews or Articles area. You may use the For Sale Items - Buy Items - Swap Items (Buy, Sell, Trade) forum but only if you are a paying advertiser. If you use the B/S/T area you may list individual items for sale but may not use that area to pre-sell or link to your online shop.
  6. Please do not post personal information such as personal email addresses, phone numbers, addresses or any other sensitive information. Certain email addresses are allowed such as public contact information for a beauty company (i.e. email addresses such as [email protected] or [email protected] is generally allowed).
  7. Affiliate and referral links are not allowed to be posted.
  8. URL shorteners are not allowed (Bit.ly, Tiny URL, etc).
  9. Please do not hotlink images from other sites to MUT. See How to insert an image into a post in our Forum Help/Support/Feedback forum for information on how to upload an image to MUT.
  10. Requests to visit your website or to subscribe to you on any social media site you may have is not allowed.
  11. Links to competing beauty forums are not allowed.
  12. Links to private contests or giveaways requiring a MUT to either become a member of another site, subscribe to or purchase a product is not allowed. You may not conduct giveaways of any type on the MUT forums without permission.
  13. Requesting members to vote for you on another site is not allowed.
  14. Requesting members to contact you to learn more about a product is not allowed.
  15. "Market Research" of any kind is not allowed on MUT.
  16. B-o-r-n-p-r-e-tty s t o r e products are not allowed on MUT. We're aware that they send people to promote their products.

There may be other forms of disruptive posts as will be determined by our moderators that are also not allowed.

LOL Well he does call Private Messages EMAILS so who knows. Some people are just not tech savvy. LOL

I just read all those rules. Lol. I'm not meanin to be douchey but I always see people post pictures on here (read:what's on my nails thread) where people put the picture and don't put anything other than "more details on my blog!" And I'm just like um. No thanks, and I will now make it a point to never go to your blog if I can help it. Good job. Sorry, but I've noticed that lately and have unsubbed from the thread cuz I don't wanna see something I like and be forced to go to their blog..simply cuz they asked me to... rant over

I also see people post for trades in these threads all the time and I got a warning message when I first signed up just for telling someone to check their messages (about a trade offer they posted). Mods obviously can't catch everything but it still miffed me.

I know, right! Sometimes I'm on here readin stuff and I'm like (in my head) goin "ooh you're not supposed to do thatttt"

I also see people post for trades in these threads all the time and I got a warning message when I first signed up just for telling someone to check their messages (about a trade offer they posted). Mods obviously can't catch everything but it still miffed me.

I was just on their FB page and for a lot of the panty photos, there was a guy named Jason who commenting with things like "I like em" & "those are cute". I clicked on his page (wasn't one of the co-founders named Jason?) and the first thing I see on his page is a meme about masturbation. I know it's a page about womens underwear but it gave me a bad feeling...

If you see those types of posts report it because the mod team is pretty small and these forums are really active (and I don't read all the posts because of the sheer amount of time it takes) we can typically miss those posts. If it's reported we don't disclose to the member who reported it (and to be honest I never look to see who reported it). (And I AM looking for new moderators... just throwing that out there. ;))

Originally Posted by tulosai View Post

Mine to them:

Hi! I signed up on paypal earlier this week for the mix-and match and my panties arrived last night.  (my order number is xxx if that helps).

Unfortunately there is an issue with the purple American Apparel cotton bikini that I received- the hem is partly undone at the front.  It's a little hard to explain, but I don't see anywhere here that I can attach a picture- I am happy to do so if it would help your understanding.  There is essentially a string hanging out in a loop in the front that should be part of the panty stitching. The underwear is definitely not fit to be seen and I am a little scared the whole seam is going to come undone.

Is there any way I can send it back to you for a replacement?

I did love the style and color of all the underwear I received so thanks for that!

Kate

Theirs back:

No we do not accept returns and are sorry to hear that one of them had issues. I am getting a package ready to mail out to you and should have it out by Monday, you will get an email with tracking info once sent.  It will have a replacement pair in it.

I thought your msg was really polite

I just read all those rules. Lol. I'm not meanin to be douchey but I always see people post pictures on here (read:what's on my nails thread) where people put the picture and don't put anything other than "more details on my blog!" And I'm just like um. No thanks, and I will now make it a point to never go to your blog if I can help it. Good job. Sorry, but I've noticed that lately and have unsubbed from the thread cuz I don't wanna see something I like and be forced to go to their blog..simply cuz they asked me to... rant over

How do you unsubscribe to a thread? I can't, for the life of me, figure it out.

Originally Posted by tulosai View Post

+1.  I worked in food service for a LONG time and people have no idea how much of that is people skills/customer service.  Both my managers were males too and they were the best of ANYONE at that kind of thing.  Granted it was mostly verbal not written communication, but one of them said to me once that he thought I had the most potential for talking to customers of anyone there but him and to me that was the HUGEST compliment.

I also agree that I'm basically willing to let it go with this company because they are clearly committed to fixing problems, and doing it quickly.  However, they'd get even more major bonus points from  me if they did it in a bit more of a courteous manner even if this meant sending a form email to address certain concerns.  For instance I got this from little black bag today:

Hi Kate,

Thank you for shopping with Little Black Bag. Unfortunately we were not able to process your order (#xxxxxxx) because we are sold out of the ViaNova Bangle Cuff Watch ($40). We are so sorry about this! Please choose another available item on our site that is within a $10 price difference to swap out for this item. You can respond directly to this e-mail to let us know which item you'd like. Give us a few choices in case your first pick is sold out. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we'd be happy to add an extra item to your next order for the trouble. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Delightfully yours,

Emily

It is obviously a form email in which the only personal things are my name and the item I was supposed to get, but I found this email nonetheless to be all a customer service email should be.  When I replied back I got a slightly more personalized email from the same person thanking me for responding and quickly- I guess some people must not haha.

Anyway this is sort of a tangent now.

I have to agree with the customer service and how customer service should be.

I purchased a 3 mth sub to pantyfly and had to email them 3 times to get the shipping address corrected. The first package went to my billing address and the second was about to be sent there again! I don't mind the panty styles that I received in the past, but I really don't like having to follow up constantly with a sub service. I want to add that their customer service has been lacking since my first email to them. The first reply I received was polite, apologetic and offered some type of compensation. The last email or so were short and almost dismissive. Maybe they're undergoing some type of transition?

If you're on mobile, its the pink square in the top right hand corner of a specific thread and "unsubscribe" will be an option that comes up, and if you're on a PC, when you hover over one of the links on your homepage, "unsubscribe" will show up either along the bottom of the thread rectangle, or the right-hand side(haven't been on PC in awhile and can't remember EXACTLY where it comes up)

How do you unsubscribe to a thread? I can't, for the life of me, figure it out.

If you're on mobile, its the pink square in the top right hand corner or a specific thread and "unsubscribe" will be an option that comes up, and if you're on a PC, when you hover over one of the links on your homepage, "unsubscribe" will show up either along the bottom of the thread rectangle, or the right-hand side(haven't been on PC in awhile and can't remember EXACTLY where it comes up)

Thank you! I am on my pc and am going to try that now... I have some old sub box threads that need to go. :)

Lol. I know the feeling. Hope it works :)

Thank you! I am on my pc and am going to try that now... I have some old sub box threads that need to go. :)