Beauty Army April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Ladies - 

Wanted to start a new thread for the new month coming up soon! Feel free to post your boxes in here and share what you got!

No matter how I change my profile and how many times I refresh, I keep getting these items:

I want the Whip Hand Cosmetics pigment, but that's it... so far.

Just a heads up! I did the mystery sample this month and it ended up being one of the Every Drop Beauty Spatulas. I was very happy to see it since I've been tempted to buy one for a while now.

I've skipped the past two months or so and chose everything I had been eyeing... The lavender soap Whipped cosmetics in the gold/bronze The cheek tint Dry shampoo Cotz Amlactin

Dang, I already have almost all of that stuff. I hope they release some new samples before Friday.  It seems like they have been releasing less and less new stuff the last few months.

I really liked the dry shampoo, it smells awesome.  But I tried the skin polisher last night and it didn't seem like it did anything.

I'm really unimpressed with Beauty Army. I've gotten one month and I don't want to keep seeing my sample rejects pop up as my only options. I wish I could get more than one pigment to pop up. Those are the only things I'm interested in. Oh well.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really unimpressed with Beauty Army. I've gotten one month and I don't want to keep seeing my sample rejects pop up as my only options.

I wish I could get more than one pigment to pop up. Those are the only things I'm interested in. Oh well.
I may or may not have tried to do that.  I think I'm going to just sort of hope I can get the rest of the pigments via trade.  Does anyone happen to know how long you can keep them before they go bad?  It doesn't say anything on the bottle.

My window opens on the 4th. I'm planning on skipping. Mostly because I am overloaded with samples right now, but also because there really isn't anything new I want. I wish they had an option to block items from your selection window because it is really a pain to keep refreshing and to still see the same unwanted stuff over and over, month after month.

This was a skip month for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It was basically a selection window with all the products I have been able to avoid up until this point.  The only product I wanted was the dry shampoo, but I have alot of dry shampoos right now, and the idea of having to select products I didn't want really rubbed me the wrong way.  Hopefully they will change up the selection for May!

I didn't even both trying to play with my profile to change my samples.  I was offered the mark mascara in brown (I already have it in black), one of the loose eyeshadows (already have a green and two golden browns, don't need a third), dry shampoo (never works with my hair), and foil packets.

I'm guessing I will have to wait a few months for the inventory to completely turn over to place another order.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dang, I already have almost all of that stuff. I hope they release some new samples before Friday.  It seems like they have been releasing less and less new stuff the last few months.

I really liked the dry shampoo, it smells awesome.  But I tried the skin polisher last night and it didn't seem like it did anything.
I loved the skin polisher!! I massage it into my face for at least 30 seconds, and I can feel crud and dead skin just rubbing right off. I usually rinse and then buff with a wash cloth to get any residual yuck off, and afterwards my face feels so smooth and nice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the skin polisher!! I massage it into my face for at least 30 seconds, and I can feel crud and dead skin just rubbing right off. I usually rinse and then buff with a wash cloth to get any residual yuck off, and afterwards my face feels so smooth and nice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think the first time I didnt use enough and then I tried it again and I think I used too much.  I feel like Goldilocks lol.  I still couldn't really tell that anything was happening, it just felt like I was rubbing goo on my face and then it dried/absorbed into my skin.  I cant imagine not rinsing after.  Maybe mine is a dud because there were no clear beads like the info said.

No matter how I change my profile or how many times I refresh, the only thing I want that pops up is the Whip Hand Cosmetics Special Forces pigment.  I don't want to pay $12 for it.  Meh.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No matter how I change my profile and how many times I refresh, I keep getting these items:

I want the Whip Hand Cosmetics pigment, but that's it... so far.
I about got the same! Pretty good items I think. Since it is my birthday month I went ahead and ordered the mascara, eyeshadow, dry shampoo, skin polisher, amlactin,, and the sunscreen

I just skipped this month, which is only my third month with them. Nothing I saw in there that I really wanted or hadn't seen before, so we'll see what they come up with next month. I got the cheek tint last month and really love it, so hopefully they'll come up with at least one other winner like that.

And am I the only one who suddenly can't pick more than like six category items at the end of the profile quiz?

I just got my first Beauty Army box today. You can see the contents of my box in my blog.

I just skipped this month, which is only my third month with them. Nothing I saw in there that I really wanted or hadn't seen before, so we'll see what they come up with next month. I got the cheek tint last month and really love it, so hopefully they'll come up with at least one other winner like that. And am I the only one who suddenly can't pick more than like six category items at the end of the profile quiz?
I watch the threads to see what items are out there. When its my time to order, I do try a few categories but then I select based off of what I want to see pop up. So i chose body for the lavender soap (and am lactin because nothing else sounded good), makeup for the cheek tint and eye shadow, hair for the dry shampoo and face something for the Cotz. I always select eye area too cause I am always in hope that an eye product will show up lol

My window doesn't open until Sunday, but unless they release some new things before then (which they might, last month the NY Streets and the GCB polisher showed up around the time my window opened), there isn't really anything that I want that I haven't already gotten. About the only thing I would want is the Whip Hand Special Forces, it's the  only one I don't have, but I don't want to get a box just to get that. The Mark mascara will probably show up for me since I haven't gotten it yet, but that's because I remember using it in high school and not liking it. Unless the formula has changed since then (which in 10 years it might have, haha), I'll be passing on that. BUT, for anyone who does like the Scanda-lash, mark just recently started selling a full size of it (it's always only been available in the hook-up size). I think it's $11.

Latest posts

Back