Sign in to follow this  
r4chel77

Julep May 2013

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

Oh wow, that sounds so exciting! So how do they go about picking the winner? Do you have to enter something, or are you already entered just being a Maven?

You are entered if you purchase the May box.

Ru

I definitely would love rubber finish, holos or duo chrome, but they just did holo in feb 
Rubber finish would be awesome. I'm a little sick of cremes and shimmers so I'm hoping for something new.

Originally Posted by tasertag View Post

Ru

Rubber finish would be awesome. I'm a little sick of cremes and shimmers so I'm hoping for something new.

Yup same here

i'm hoping it will be a good collection. if not, i've got my eye on several zoya shades and there will probably be an earth day sale.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

I definitely would love rubber finish, holos or duo chrome, but they just did holo in feb 

I would love that too, one can only hope.

I'm so excited, I hope it's a good box. I skipped last month and I feel like I'm crawling through a desert of no nail polish.
Lol I know that feeling!

Just ordered the Mystery Box. I'll more than likely skip May's box since I got the Mystery Box. I'm sooo excited.

Just ordered the Mystery Box. I'll more than likely skip May's box since I got the Mystery Box. I'm sooo excited.
Lets us know what you get! I'm excited for you!

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny View Post

Lets us know what you get! I'm excited for you!

Will do. I'm a Mystery Box virgin, so can't help but be excited.

Are the mystery box items usually available at some point down the road or are they limited to the mystery box? I just did some major shopping last night, and now I'm thinking about skipping the mystery box, but I'll probably get it if its limited to just the mystery box since I love textured polished!

I ordered one as well. (Mainly to finish off my Valentine's Day gift card). I wish the price was still 19.99.

The Mystery boxes are generally polishes that Julep has an excess of/products they have extras of  plus whatever the guaranteed item is. That's why people with large Julep collections might wind up with dupes. I think the Sea Salt Finish will be for sale individually, because, from a marketing standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to not also sell them individually. I don't know when they would be for sale though. 

Was Evangeline ever offered as an addon? (That was the mystery orangeish holo from Valentine's). It seems like the add ons (recently) have only been the current month's collections (plus random themed colors like greens for March, a white for the January neon month). If something is crazy popular, it tends not to be in the addons as a single color.  (Maybe Evangeline is a bad example being too recent. Was the black mystery glitter from New Year's mystery box ever an addon?)  To be fair, I think the new finish will be sold somewhere eventually.

I don't think a color of the finish we've seen yet will be an add on but a new color. Also, has anyone used the Rock Candy from last month's box? Extremely horrible design or perhaps formula... the brush doesn't spread so the polish keeps chunking up and running.

I don't think a color of the finish we've seen yet will be an add on but a new color. Also, has anyone used the Rock Candy from last month's box? Extremely horrible design or perhaps formula... the brush doesn't spread so the polish keeps chunking up and running.
Oh man the rock candy is horrid!! It bubbles to. I took it off right after it was dry. Couldn't stand it.