Sign in to follow this  
r4chel77

Julep May 2013

i hadn't gotten anything from the april brights collection or anything around that time when people were talking about the funky sour apple/skunk/weed(? yikes! =D) smell but with the beauty bio discount i ordered tina and denver from the may flowers set; the sour apple scent isn't super offensive but it's definitely there and it lingered faintly on my hands (so i only smelled it when my hands were near my face) for about 24 hours. i can't imagine it really bothering people because the regular nail polish scent is a little more offensive and lingers just the same.

almost all of the may mystery boxes look great to me! i can't risk dupes though (it would really annoy me) and since i'm picky, i haven't seen a set of mystery boxes any other time that i really liked. there was only one version of the may mystery box that i would't have been thrilled with. oh well though, better than being out $25 with the chance i didn't like the box and being unable to spend more money for the june collection.

Thanks, I sent them an email, hopefully they'll stick the pins in with my next box.
They sent mine separately, so I didn't have to wait until next month!

Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

i hadn't gotten anything from the april brights collection or anything around that time when people were talking about the funky sour apple/skunk/weed(? yikes! =D) smell but with the beauty bio discount i ordered tina and denver from the may flowers set; the sour apple scent isn't super offensive but it's definitely there and it lingered faintly on my hands (so i only smelled it when my hands were near my face) for about 24 hours. i can't imagine it really bothering people because the regular nail polish scent is a little more offensive and lingers just the same.

almost all of the may mystery boxes look great to me! i can't risk dupes though (it would really annoy me) and since i'm picky, i haven't seen a set of mystery boxes any other time that i really liked. there was only one version of the may mystery box that i would't have been thrilled with. oh well though, better than being out $25 with the chance i didn't like the box and being unable to spend more money for the june collection.

The scent didn't bother me per se.. it was just odd and unexpected.

it's probably just a glitch but when you go to julep's website, a few of the may collection items are visible. the lip scrub and etta both have the add to cart option and you can go ahead and check out with them. if you click on them anywhere else on the website, they show up as out of stock. just letting you guys know in case you're hoping to get your hands on either of these.

Congrats, Cheshire Cookie! I saw that you were a winner in Julep's May's Be good to yourself contest!
Thank you so very much! I was super thrilled!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

You deserve it! Your picture is gorgeous! Straight out of the '20's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

Congrats, Cheshire Cookie! I saw that you were a winner in Julep's May's Be good to yourself contest!

Congrats Cookie!

Post the picture if you can, I haven't seen it!  What did you win?

Congrats!! When I saw your picture I was super excited for you. I like when good things happen for my fellow makeuptalkers. :D

Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post

You deserve it! Your picture is gorgeous! Straight out of the '20's!

Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

Congrats Cookie!

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 View Post

Post the picture if you can, I haven't seen it!  What did you win?

Originally Posted by avonleabelle View Post

Congrats!! When I saw your picture I was super excited for you. I like when good things happen for my fellow makeuptalkers. biggrin.gif

Thanks so much everyone! wub.gifI won two free months of Julep, which I'm just elated about! (1st prize was 3 months, 2nd prize was 2, 3rd prize was 1)

Here's the picture I submitted:

I was wearing their lipstick in Charleston, the nails were Coco (the oxblood), their mascara and yeah...that ribbon around my head? That was the ribbon that was wrapped around the polishes' bag in the packaging lol

I was wearing their lipstick in Charleston, the nails were Coco (the oxblood), their mascara and yeah...that ribbon around my head? That was the ribbon that was wrapped around the polishes' bag in the packaging lol

That's such a clever way to use the ribbon!! It goes with the nail polish really nicely.

Thanks so much everyone! wub.gifI won two free months of Julep, which I'm just elated about! (1st prize was 3 months, 2nd prize was 2, 3rd prize was 1)

So pretty, you really captured the feeling of that era!

I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU WHEN I SAW IT ON FACEBOOK! I was like "omg, that looks like cheshirecookie!!!!!!!"

Wow congrats!!!

Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

Congrats Cookie!

Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU WHEN I SAW IT ON FACEBOOK! I was like "omg, that looks like cheshirecookie!!!!!!!"

I thought so too, but I wasn't sure! Congrats!!!!

Originally Posted by katlyne View Post

Originally Posted by tasertag View Post

Wow congrats!!!

Originally Posted by ling168 View Post

I thought so too, but I wasn't sure! Congrats!!!!

Thanks ladies! Lmao katlyne! biggrin.gif

That is great, congrats. Nice to see a MT member win!
DITTO!! Now, lets see the colors on your nails, the prize?? I switched my profile from BoHo (intro box) to Classic with a twist because I needed nude colors for base to make nail art and colors to pop. I added three more polishes: Lexie (Bright yellow BoHo glam), Payton (Bright green IT Girl), and Bunny (White with gold shimmer). I selected Light for DD cream. I'm hesitant to try because it has some silicones. It always breaks me out yet it is a water based product so I'm willing to try it. It's shame that it isn't matte. If it doesn't work for me; then I'll use it for contouring or whatever if I make it to work. I didn't want to go with medium shade which I am. By the description and look of their sample pictures, it looked too yellow. I tend to wear with pink hues. I was a little surprised about the mark up with the entire collection costing $55 which is a lot for a sub box. Look forward to it and experiment!

Originally Posted by puffyeyes View Post

Congrats!!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by lexxies22 View Post

DITTO!! Now, lets see the colors on your nails, the prize??

I switched my profile from BoHo (intro box) to Classic with a twist because I needed nude colors for base to make nail art and colors to pop. I added three more polishes: Lexie (Bright yellow BoHo glam), Payton (Bright green IT Girl), and Bunny (White with gold shimmer). I selected Light for DD cream. I'm hesitant to try because it has some silicones. It always breaks me out yet it is a water based product so I'm willing to try it. It's shame that it isn't matte. If it doesn't work for me; then I'll use it for contouring or whatever if I make it to work. I didn't want to go with medium shade which I am. By the description and look of their sample pictures, it looked too yellow. I tend to wear with pink hues. I was a little surprised about the mark up with the entire collection costing $55 which is a lot for a sub box. Look forward to it and experiment!

lol, my prize is actually not paying for two months, which I will GLADLY take right now! lol So I guess technically, my prize is Dianna & Lexie! lol oh and the DD Cream! and whatever I get next month! biggrin.gif

Thanks!

lol, my prize is actually not paying for two months, which I will GLADLY take right now! lol So I guess technically, my prize is Dianna & Lexie! lol oh and the DD Cream! and whatever I get next month! biggrin.gif

Oohh that's nice to get free sub boxes for two months.... Dianna? mm lemme look it up what color that is.. 

According to Julep's website, they would start billing on the 27th which is tomorrow. That's Memorial Day. Wonder if they'd start to deduct or ship out as if they forgot that its a Memorial Day?