How Many Eye Palettes Do You Have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As the title says. How many eyeshadow palettes do you have and which ones? Is there a point where you stop yourself from buying more than you already have? Do you use the ones you have frequently enough for them to be worth having? 

That depends entirely on what would constitute a palette. Does 3+ colors in a container count? If it does: 21 If it doesnt:19 Obviously I don't stop myself. Lol. And id say I use them frequently, because I did the count from memory, and didn't count the ones I know I have but don't use(be it poor quality or color choices).

I have 2 - the balm's Nude Tude and theBalm Jovi. I have a nice mix of single UD shadows. I packed the Nude Tude for an interview-trip and I hated bringing all those other shadows along just to use two. For the longest time I only owned Stila's It Girl. Loved it dearly. My boyfriend bumped me and I dropped it when I was doing my makeup one night. Pour some out, ya'll. RIP

I have 2 - the balm's Nude Tude and theBalm Jovi. I have a nice mix of single UD shadows. I packed the Nude Tude for an interview-trip and I hated bringing all those other shadows along just to use two. For the longest time I only owned Stila's It Girl. Loved it dearly. My boyfriend bumped me and I dropped it when I was doing my makeup one night. Pour some out, ya'll. RIP
Rip :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Too many. LOL I have numerous Wet 'n' Wild palettes ranging from all their Trios, their quads, their six pans and their 8-pans. Numerous Urban Decay palettes, Benefit, Stila, BH Cosmetics, Coastal Scents, Sephora and many others.

Hmmm....30 some? I have them lined up like books on a shelf lol but I'm too lazy to get up and count. Most are mud to higher end as that is the eye shadow I prefer but I do have one nyx, one wet n wild, and a few elf ones. The ones I use most often are UD, thebalm, nars, and benefit.

I have 36, but have depotted several so did not count those.  My favorites formula wise and the most used are the Bare Minerals READY palettes, stila's In the Know, and UD's Smoked palette (for the 2 lightest matte colors and Mushroom). I also like Two Faced's Shadow Bon Bons.  Some I've only used 1-2x's, some I bought because they were fantastic deals, and a few were GWP's.  Clearly, I need to quit buying for the rest of my life.  But, I won't.

Bare Minerals:

Cocktail Hour 8.0

Start Treatment 8.0

The Wild Thing 4.0

The Elements 4.0

The Next Big Thing 4.0

The Happy Place 4.0

stila:

In the Garden

In the Know

Tarina Tarantino:

Wonderful Jewel Shadow Palette

Emerald Pretty

theBalm:

Shady Lady v.1

Shady Lady v. 2

Shady Lady v. 3

Urban Decay:

Theodora

Glinda

BYO 6 pan

Rock BYO

Melt BYO

Rollergirl

15 Anniversary

Skull

Deluxe

Mariposa

Naked 1

Smoked

Lancome:

Emerald Boudoir Color Design palette

Nude Look quad

Two Faced:

Shadow Bon Bons

Tokidoki:

Lion Pappa

Vegas

NYX:

Bellini Kiss

Gelato or Two

Sephora:

Hot Hues Palette in Vivid Mulberry

Moonshadow Baked Palette

Ulta:

Alternative Complete Eye Palette

Wet 'n Wild:

Comfort Zone

Without counting I would guess about 40 (this is mostly palettes with 5-12 shadows, a few larger such as UD Vice & 15 Anni and Sephora Cinderella). Maybe 25 additional quads and trios. I counted all my UD palettes in the first number even though a couple of them are quads. I love eyeshadows and cool packaging and I have a weakness for LE palettes.

I have 8 palettes (6 are UD). I use most of them enough to justify keeping them. I prefer palettes over single shadows for organization/storage reasons.

I have 34 pallets:

Elf:

Neutral Pallet

Bright pallet

Kat Von D:

Love and Fury

Metal Orchestra

True Love

Saint

Lorac:

Unzipped

Sephora:

Moonshadow Baked Pallet In the Dark

Moonsahdow Baked Pallet In the Heat

Moonshadow Baked Pallet In the Night

Moonshadow Baked Pallet In the Nude

Sephora + Pantone Universe Precious Metals

Smashbox:

Be Discovered

Softbox

Sonia Kashuk:

Eye on Neutral

Stila:

In the Garden

In the Light

In the Moment

Tarte:

Eye Couture

Tarte for True Blood

The Royal Collection

Too Faced:

Naked Eye

Natural Eye

Return of Sexy

Smokey Eye (original)

Smokey Eye (current edition)

Urban Decay:

15 Year Anniversary

Book of Shadows 3

Book of Shadows 4

Feminine Pallet

Glinda

Naked

Naked 2

Theodora

And this is why as long as I may live, I must never buy another eye shadow pallet ever again.

Um....lesse

Urban Decay:

Naked

Naked 2

Coastal Scents:

252 Ultimate

120 One

88 Ultimate Shimmer

88 Mirage

88 Metal Mania

Go Palette Sydney (12 colors in all go palettes)

Go Palette Cairo

Go Palette Nuuk

Go Palette Paris

Go Palette London

Go Palette Beijing

Go Palette Moscow

42 Double Stack Shimmer (technically only 28 eyeshadow, the others are blushes)

I also have 7 quads I received from them along with purchase and I've set them in my Z Palette so I suppose that would count as 28 shades in a palette lol

and I just bought their 88 Prism Palette.

My husband lets me go so crazy over the Coastal Scents palettes since they're so inexpensive...I'd REALLY like to get my hands on other brands, but that'll have to wait
icon_rolleyes.gif

I LOVE EYESHADOW!

I had over 25... then sold some, and now I'm down to 18. All mostly Urban decay.. I do have 1 depotted Smashbox and 1 depotted Sephora Hello Kitty. 

4 palettes.. xD
120 eyeshadow palette

Some random palette from Drita's (Mob Wives) Just Me makeup collection

Urban Decay Theodora
and 

Urban Decay Naked 2.
I'd say I mostly use the UD ones right now. I just got the Just Me palette (gift from my mom) and I've only done 2 looks with it so far. I haven't actually touched my 120 in a while, though, which I feel really guilty about xD

I have a lot of palettes! 

I had just won the Naked and Naked Basics palette from 2 people on Youtube!  I love LOVE them!  I also have the nudetude palette and a palette I got from Kohls though I have no clue what the brand is.. I have some Lorac ones also.  I haven't counted the total though I think I have more than 10 of them.

Urban Decay: Glinda and an older one similar to the Deluxe Shadow Box

Too Faced: Natural, Natural at Night, Naked, Romantic

MUA: Glamour Nights, Heaven & Earth

bareMinerals: Star Treatment, Dream Sequence, the A List

pop Beauty: Britpop

LORAC: Eye Candy Full Face collection (4 shadow palettes, 1 lippie palette, 1 cream liner palette), Sweet Luxuries

tarte: Puttin' On the Glitz (3 palettes)

NYC: IndividualEyes smokey eye palette

plus some trios from MUA and Pur Minerals, and duos from bareMinerals

i like to mix & match a lot so i typically "work" out of two if not three palettes at a time.

Latest posts

Back