How to get healthy hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use argan oil or a hot olive oil mask once a week. You might want to go to a beauty supply store and look for the african american hair products and look for a deep conditioner. African curly hair tends to be really dry ad unruly therefore these are stronger than "drugstore" ones. hope it helped!! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

From last 6 months, i am facing with the problem of hair loss as use good hair care products and diet. Is the regular use of shampoo is responsible for this all?

Dandruff is caused by excess build up of sebum on the scalp. In other words it means you have an oily scalp. Do not use ethnic hair treatments. These are heavy oil/petroleum based products that will weigh your hair down and exacerbate the dandruff problem. Start using a shampoo that contains tea tree oil. Tea tree oil helps to cure dandruff. Two shampoos you should look into are: Bumble & Bumble Tonic Shampoo Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo Try shampooing daily or every other day to keep your scalp clean. For the thin hair problem, use volumizing products to gain more volume. If your hair is naturally thin there is nothing you can do to make it grow thicker. However, you can make your hair look fuller by teasing it, blow drying it up side down and setting it in large rollers. Avoid heavy conditioners and moisturizers that will weigh your hair down and cause it to fall flat. For leave in conditioner use a light detangling spray like Carol's Daughter Tui Leave In Conditioner. For oils, use silicone oil blends like Moroccan Oil Light. Never get heavy handed use just a dime sized amount of product at a time. Start applying the product from your ends and work your way up. To fight hair fall, start taking hair, skin and nail vitamins and try to manipulate your hair as little as possible. Choose loose styles like braids, buns or ponytails that can last several days without needing to be redone. Do not brush wet hair ever. Always use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair. Start combing from the tips and work your way up.

I would start off by making sure that your hair loss was not due to some medical or hormonal imbalance by checking in with a doctor.

If you don’t have naturally thin hair and this hair loss in a new occurrence you should try to  pinpoint what factors contributed to it.

There are also some oils that are meant to stimulate hair growth. I wrote a blog post on natural oils and their uses, rosemary oil helps stimulate the hair follicles and could help with new growth. I also know that coconut oil is supposed to be good for helping with hair growth. You could also stimulate your scalp and promote blood flow by doing scalp massages, this can help promote your hair to grow and hopefully you will regain some of your thickness.   

As another poster suggested maybe you aren’t getting enough nutrients in your diet, you can try taking a multivitamin, biotin, silica or some women take pre-natal vitamins for hair growth.

Make sure as you are trying to regain your hair’s former glory you are taking care of it. Lay off heat styling, dying and any chemicals that could cause more damage and loss. Also maybe you should try switching to a sulfate free shampoo. Sulfates can be very harsh on the hair and scalp and for some people it can even contribute to hair loss.

I would start off by not dyeing ur hair for awhile. Stay away from heat products (curling iron, strighter, and blow drying) Next stay away from cheap conditiors. If u have shampoo wash ur hair 2 with shampoo once with conditinior because the first time u wash ur hair with shampoo it get the grease and grim off the second wash clenses ur scalp and cleans it. Hopes this helps!!!!!! Btw: i know this becauae my mom is a hairstylest

I would start off by making sure that your hair loss was not due to some medical or hormonal imbalance by checking in with a doctor.

I have same problem, but don't worry about it. Try curd and mix with lemon juice then apply it on your scalp and hair, rinse off after 30 minutes. Do this in a week at least and your dandruff problem will b gone.

Originally Posted by Evlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have same problem, but don't worry about it. Try curd and mix with lemon juice then apply it on your scalp and hair, rinse off after 30 minutes. Do this in a week at least and your dandruff problem will b gone.
nice suggestion......  even if we apply plain yogurt for about 30 mins to your scalp and hair ..it also works well for dandruff.

or by crushing two aspirins to a fine powder and adding it to the normal amount of shampoo you use each time you wash your hair. Leave the mixture on your hair for 1-2 minutes, rinse well and wash again with plain shampoo.

I like the yogurt idea, it's proof that dandruff can be caused by over active bacteria on the scalp. If this is the case, its very helpful to dry your hair thoroughly with a dryer after you wash it.

I have been reading tons of posts on dandruff and actually came across one where they said that using a shampoo that has a pearly texture to it can cause dandruff and it was suggested to use one of the clear shampoos, like baby shampoo.

Good luck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Using Healthy Washing and Styling Habits.
Change your washing routine.
Handle your hair gently.
Use heat styling devices sparingly.
Use natural hair care products.
Try to stay away from dyes and other permanent treatments.
Give your hair oil treatments.
Making Healthy Lifestyle Changes
Protect your hair from the elements.
Get your hair trimmed often.

If your looking for to get healthy hair & something to help with dandruff then you should try UR NATURAL SHINE HAIR CARE PRODUCTS. It will give you healthy hair & a healthy scalp. Your hair will be shinny, silky & smooth.

Back