April 2013 No-buy/Low-buy thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else ready to commit to a month of no-buy/low-buy? I seriously need to commit to a low-buy this month. I keep saying that then going nuts with my spending at the end of the month. Happy April Fools Day but no joke we can do this!

I'm going to play a long this month.  I've told myself quite a few times that I wouldn't spend anymore on makeup and I have failed miserably.  This month, though, I've got two sub boxes, an Ulta order, and some samples from Macadamia not to mention my birthday is this month, so I should be getting some goodies for that, too!  I'm hoping this will tide me over until May.

I'm supposed to be saving as we are moving this summer and I've spent it all on makeup
eek.gif

I'm in for a low-buy in this month.  I just made a ~$65 purchase, but it was a good sale on things I've really wanted for awhile (def not an impulse).  I'm DONE buying unnecessary makeup supplies for April.  It's also my birthday month and I have a few gift cards to use, so I think I can stick to my plan!

Stay strong, everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm going to play a long this month.  I've told myself quite a few times that I wouldn't spend anymore on makeup and I have failed miserably.  This month, though, I've got two sub boxes, an Ulta order, and some samples from Macadamia not to mention my birthday is this month, so I should be getting some goodies for that, too!  I'm hoping this will tide me over until May. I'm supposed to be saving as we are moving this summer and I've spent it all on makeup :eek:  
I'm in for a low-buy in this month.  I just made a ~$65 purchase, but it was a good sale on things I've really wanted for awhile (def not an impulse).  I'm DONE buying unnecessary makeup supplies for April.  It's also my birthday month and I have a few gift cards to use, so I think I can stick to my plan! Stay strong, everyone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Happy Birthday to you both!

This month I hope to do a complete No-Buy, instead of my usual low-buy. Good luck to everyone and lets be supportive of each other and ourselves even when we have slip ups.

I've so not even came close the last few months.  Now I'm done for a while, though.  No-buy me!  =)

Originally Posted by BeautyandBooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How does a no-buy month work if I get four sub boxes?   I seriously need to cut back!!
That's up to you! Some people choose to keep their subs, some people come back, some people cancel them completely. Whatever works best for you, I keep birchbox and cancel everything else because its my favorite and if I deprive myself completely, I'll go crazy.

I'm on another no buy this month. Except for today, I'll be finding out any min if I made it into my program's PhD track so If I did I will be spending some money on myself at theBalm's 50% sale. Other than that I will be on a no buy!

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on another no buy this month. Except for today, I'll be finding out any min if I made it into my program's PhD track so If I did I will be spending some money on myself at theBalm's 50% sale. Other than that I will be on a no buy!
Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks!! Still no word...and theBalm as SO much traffic they have to update their server and it won't be back up for a few days lol. So I guess today is a no buy day as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck!

Count me in for April as well.  I did ok in Feb, really poorly in March, here's hoping April will be better!

@javagirl good luck, I hope you hear good news soon!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm in for a no-buy!  I've been doing lots of perfume trades, so I'll have stuff going out and coming in, and that should keep me busy.

Thanks everyone for the support! Still no word back yet... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in for a no-buy!  I've been doing lots of perfume trades, so I'll have stuff going out and coming in, and that should keep me busy.
ooo do you do perfume samples or full bottles? i'd be interested in doing this....

I'm in (for the whole year)!

I totally cracked two days ago (in March) and bought the Naked2 Palette with the Ulta 20% of coupon and cashed in my points. Got it for a little under $30. So I hope the satisfaction will last me this whole month!

I'll be posting my buy/sell/trade list soon too. Maybe we can trade stuff (like buying but no money exchange) ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good Luck! Applying for PhD is an endeavor by itself. Kudos to you! :-D

I'm back in grad school (just a masters) and classes start this month so I'm hoping it'll keep me busy and not shopping. I also hope I don't get stress out so I won't need retail therapy.

Thanks!! And good luck to you as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yes...shopping had quickly become my outlet for my stress and now i'm trying to do other things instead. It's a slow process but i'm trying to kick the habit :p I spend wayyy too much time searching the web for things to buy...

Latest posts

Back