Goodebox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't seen much about Goodebox, but I first heard about it here as a monthly alternative to Yuzen after that one went seasonal. 

I just got my box and received:

Savon Du Bois: Luxurious Lavender Bar

This smells good and is about the size of soap you get at a hotel. Unfortunately, lavender gives me a headache, so I'll be passing this on.

Yarok: Feed Your Do Styling Whip

Whipped hair paste? Not something I'd use on my hair, but it smells nice and the main ingredient is shea butter. I tried some on my elbows and they're very soft now. *shrug* 

Alima: Organic Nourishing Lipbalm

I didn't think anything could sway me from the W3ll People lip balm from last month's box, but I like this one even better. It's softer and does seem like it'll go fast, but it only costs $7. 

Alima: Luminous Shimmer Blush (Freja), Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow (Glow), Pearluster Eyeshadow (Cappuccino), Satin Matte Eyeshadow (Java)

These came in a little packet sealed with a sticker, and each container has the cutest bird on it. I swatched these and the pigmentation is very good. The cappuccino shimmer powder is my favourite, it's almost a bronze.

Two bamboo-handled applicators (bonus, no brand mentioned)

20% off Alima (I'm definitely going to use this.) 
20% off Salon Du Bois
(no coupon for Yarok?)
I tried Goodebox for the first time last month, and although there were one or two things I liked, I was fully intending to cancel. When I opened this box, my first impression was that it didn't contain as much as last time. But once I started looking at everything, I was really impressed, and will give it another month at least. 

Anyone else getting Goodebox this month? What do you think? 

Received my first Goodebox today. I saw lots of pics of the Feb box and I have to tell I like last month’s box much much more — Unfortunately I registered late Feb and by then it was too late to receive the Feb box. I’ll continue this box for the next month and then decide if I would like to stay subscribed. When I first opened the box, I missed the translucent envelope that had the eyeshadows and blush and was worried for a moment! I liked the makeup items, but overall felt a little underwhelmed. 

This is my 3rd box and I am still on the fence about goodebox. Every month is nice but it is not really exciting stuff to me. There is usually at least one item I am not thrilled about, but that is to be expected. I think I will try one more month, but then I will probably be done with it.

'Spring Cleaning' boxes are available for sale. Details:

- $19 per box (including shipping)

- 12-14 products from past Goodeboxes

- You can list 3 items that you are interested in trying from past goodeboxes (although receipt of requested items is not guaranteed)

More info: http://goodebox.com/special_offer (NOT a referral/affiliate link)

Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

- You can list 3 items that you are interested in trying from past goodeboxes (although receipt of requested items is not guaranteed)

I did manage to buy one yesterday, but FYI - the boxes got sold out in a couple of hours yesterday after the emails went out...

Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did manage to buy one yesterday, but FYI - the boxes got sold out in a couple of hours yesterday after the emails went out...

Oops, I didn't click through the link today to check if it still worked! Thanks for the update! 

I signed up for a subscription this month, I think, if I understood their chart correctly, that means I'll get a box from them early in June. I spend so much time online researching on ingredients in different cosmetics, trying to find stuff that is reviewed well and non-toxic is so time consuming! So I'm hoping that I can get introduced to a few good natural brands

I've seen that there's a lot of skin care stuff in their shipments, too- which is okay with me.  I have a pretty set routine, but I do still like checking new stuff out, and I have people I can share with. So I guess I'll see once I am in the rotation!

Shame I missed the Spring Cleaning promo, I would have loved to check out Vapour!

My Goodebox arrived today! I got:

The Natural Lip Scrub (in pink pouch)

I've been wanting a lip scrub and was delighted to get this in my box. It works very well and even tastes good. For me, this made the box worth buying. 

Pure + Remedy Peptide-Rich Serum & Vitamin C Serum

Both of these are for reducing wrinkles. I resent the implication that natural signs of aging are a problem that needs to be fixed with overpriced skincare products like these. I know others will feel differently, but I wasn't happy to get these and was annoyed that out of the seven options they sent out, they chose to send me both wrinkle serums. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Bar

I'm not a big fan of peanut butter and couldn't taste the chocolate. The consistency was kind of heavy and gooey; I wouldn't buy it but still enjoyed giving it a try.

Vitacare Mint Pomegranite Whitening Gum

This was great to have after the Chia bar. The flavour doesn't last long, but it's pleasant. I'll keep an eye out for this gum in stores.

Shea Terra Organics Rubi Rose Hips Whipped Shea Butter Body Creme

The name says it all; it's a little jar of shea butter whip, very similar to last month's hair whip. I really can't tell shea butter whips apart, but this one's nice too. 

Coupons

The Natural: 20% off

Shea Terra Organics: 20% off

Pure + Remedy: 20% off
This is my third Goodebox and I've unsubscribed because I've only loved one box out of the three. There's something a little medicinal and dry about these boxes. The value is good and I've enjoyed many of the products, which are very nice quality overall. But Goodebox is about 'delivering healthy beauty & natural wellness' and I realized that I'm happier with regular beauty subs. I'm all for wellness, but I prefer my subs to be a little more fun. 

Canceling was easy; there was a form to fill out about why I was unsubscribing, and I got a prompt email confirmation. 

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Goodebox arrived today! I got:

The Natural Lip Scrub (in pink pouch)

I've been wanting a lip scrub and was delighted to get this in my box. It works very well and even tastes good. For me, this made the box worth buying. 

Pure + Remedy Peptide-Rich Serum & Vitamin C Serum

Both of these are for reducing wrinkles. I resent the implication that natural signs of aging are a problem that needs to be fixed with overpriced skincare products like these. I know others will feel differently, but I wasn't happy to get these and was annoyed that out of the seven options they sent out, they chose to send me both wrinkle serums. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Bar

I'm not a big fan of peanut butter and couldn't taste the chocolate. The consistency was kind of heavy and gooey; I wouldn't buy it but still enjoyed giving it a try.

Vitacare Mint Pomegranite Whitening Gum

This was great to have after the Chia bar. The flavour doesn't last long, but it's pleasant. I'll keep an eye out for this gum in stores.

Shea Terra Organics Rubi Rose Hips Whipped Shea Butter Body Creme

The name says it all; it's a little jar of shea butter whip, very similar to last month's hair whip. I really can't tell shea butter whips apart, but this one's nice too. 

Coupons

The Natural: 20% off

Shea Terra Organics: 20% off

Pure + Remedy: 20% off
This is my third Goodebox and I've unsubscribed because I've only loved one box out of the three. There's something a little medicinal and dry about these boxes. The value is good and I've enjoyed many of the products, which are very nice quality overall. But Goodebox is about 'delivering healthy beauty & natural wellness' and I realized that I'm happier with regular beauty subs. I'm all for wellness, but I prefer my subs to be a little more fun. 

Canceling was easy; there was a form to fill out about why I was unsubscribing, and I got a prompt email confirmation. 
Funny, I feel the same way and cancelled earlier today! It's not a bad box, it's just that it doesn't seem to be that fun. I think since all my other subs are regular beauty subs this one seem somewhat boring. Maybe if I get bored with the regular beauty boxes I will re-sub, but until then I will wait to see if I even miss having it.

I signed up for the bi-monthly sub box and have gotten the March and May boxes. I realized after opening my second box that I haven't gotten a single makeup or hair product yet! That was a little disconcerting. A mix of makeup and skincare would be ideal, but I've been inundated with skincare so far. (I also thought two "beauty food" items in the May box was pushing it for a sub that isn't supposed to focus on snacks.) I've been thinking about canceling and getting the All Natural Face box because I feel like I have more skincare items them I'll ever need. Or perhaps Eco Emi? They seem to do a decent job of servicing a large member base and incorporating different types of products. 

So yeah, the fact that I've missed out on the tinted lip balms and the more makeup focused boxes is disappointing. I definitely indicated I was interested in makeup in the questionnaire. I wrote to tell them that concentrating all the makeup items in one month's box can mean those of us on the bi-monthly plan only get skincare from the sub service and they wrote back essentially saying "Well, last month's box had a lot of makeup in it so this month's didn't." I'm not even sure they read my email because they were talking to me as if I was getting the June box when I clearly stated I am on the bi-monthly plan, didn't get the April box with all the makeup items, and wouldn't be getting another box until July. I've also noticed that people that make a stink on their Facebook page get a much longer and more thoughtful answer than those of us who would rather contact them privately through email to share out feedback. 

I thought I would give this service one more month and then decide if it's really for me. Was there an expert curator this month? I tossed the card but I don't remember seeing one.  

I still like the idea of getting to try out brands through samples, and I like the idea of the surprise. I've come to think of Goodebox as a natural alternative to Birchbox in terms of the size and number of samples. But out of twelve products in my first two boxes I would consider purchasing a Shea Terra product, an Astara product, and maybe a serum from Pure+Remedy. Three for twelve isn't great. I'm curious to see what people get in the Spring Cleaning box. I briefly considered getting it but it sold out in a matter of hours. And I really don't need any more samples for the time being. 

Originally Posted by Em123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought I would give this service one more month and then decide if it's really for me. Was there an expert curator this month? I tossed the card but I don't remember seeing one.  

I don't think that there was one this month.

I actually liked the box this month, even though it didn't include any makeup items and had two small lifestyle items. I am getting more into skincare and loved the fact that I got to learn about 2-3 new companies! 

Some pics from my box -

Forgot to ask - has anybody received the bonus box yet? Mine is supposed to be delivered on Friday - I won't be able to get to it until Sunday when I'm back in town.

After spending a bit of time with the products, I think I like this May box much better than my March box. The March box had two full-sized products, so the size of the box was impressive. However, I wasn't a fan of the products. I don't use toner, the eye cream made my eyes itch, the scalp mud treatment didn't come with directions and ended up being a disaster in terms of getting it out of my hair, and the hair removal product was quite sticky and ineffective for me so I ended up tossing it. The only product that was a win for me was the Astara daily facial scrub. It's still a part of my routine. 

Now, the May box is smaller (and I'll still criticize it for two of the six items being edible) but I like the brands a lot more. I've heard goods things about Shea Terra and I like the elixer both as a face wash and as a mask. I've wanted to tried this brand for a while now. I'm using the vitamin C serum and gave the lightening one to someone who was looking for something to deal with dark spots from acne scars. My lip scrub is raspberry lemonade and I'm not sure what it's doing but it's fun to use. The chai bar was fine for a snack but the gum only kept its flavor for about 20 seconds and then it was completely flavorless. So I'm using three of the six products regularly and enjoying them. And the ingredients list for all of the May products are a lot cleaner and more straightforward than the March box. 

The April box did look more fun in terms of the tinted lip balm and the Alima Pure pigments. Still slightly perturbed that I haven't gotten any makeup or hair items yet. I've never tried the lip balm but I love their foundation and eyeshadows. (And they send three free samples with every order.) Odd that there was no "expert" this time around, I wonder if they're changing their format? 

I just received an e-mail from Goodebox that they are is running round 2 of their 'spring cleaning' boxes - 12-14 samples for $19. It does not look like you can 'request' items this time though (they let you request items for round 1 of 'spring cleaning' boxes). I saw ruhimaach's instagram photo of her spring cleaning box and it looked great.

I'm going to pass on this though because I have a plethora of products at the moment.

Originally Posted by Em123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After spending a bit of time with the products, I think I like this May box much better than my March box. The March box had two full-sized products, so the size of the box was impressive. However, I wasn't a fan of the products. I don't use toner, the eye cream made my eyes itch, the scalp mud treatment didn't come with directions and ended up being a disaster in terms of getting it out of my hair, and the hair removal product was quite sticky and ineffective for me so I ended up tossing it. The only product that was a win for me was the Astara daily facial scrub. It's still a part of my routine. 

Now, the May box is smaller (and I'll still criticize it for two of the six items being edible) but I like the brands a lot more. I've heard goods things about Shea Terra and I like the elixer both as a face wash and as a mask. I've wanted to tried this brand for a while now. I'm using the vitamin C serum and gave the lightening one to someone who was looking for something to deal with dark spots from acne scars. My lip scrub is raspberry lemonade and I'm not sure what it's doing but it's fun to use. The chai bar was fine for a snack but the gum only kept its flavor for about 20 seconds and then it was completely flavorless. So I'm using three of the six products regularly and enjoying them. And the ingredients list for all of the May products are a lot cleaner and more straightforward than the March box. 

The April box did look more fun in terms of the tinted lip balm and the Alima Pure pigments. Still slightly perturbed that I haven't gotten any makeup or hair items yet. I've never tried the lip balm but I love their foundation and eyeshadows. (And they send three free samples with every order.) Odd that there was no "expert" this time around, I wonder if they're changing their format? 
I started an every-other-month subscription with goodebox. May was my first box and I was also disappointed that goodebox included 2 food items (33% of the box contents) in that box! 

I just received an e-mail from Goodebox that they are is running round 2 of their 'spring cleaning' boxes - 12-14 samples for $19. It does not look like you can 'request' items this time though (they let you request items for round 1 of 'spring cleaning' boxes). I saw ruhimaach's instagram photo of her spring cleaning box and it looked great.

I'm going to pass on this though because I have a plethora of products at the moment.
I ended up ordering another one, because I think they're great value! So, in addition to the May/June box that's supposed to ship out next week, I'll be receiving another box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BUT I hear you on the plethora of samples - In fact, I've canceled all my subs except for Birchbox (2 accounts) and Goodebox. Boy, I feel liberated and SO good! 

It was kinda weird that they included two food items, but I think the other skincare items they sent were quite generous. The serums cost $7 each on the Pure+Remedy website. The lip scrub was full size, valued at $20. So, it was still a great value box! 

Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up ordering another one, because I think they're great value! So, in addition to the May/June box that's supposed to ship out next week, I'll be receiving another box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> BUT I hear you on the plethora of samples - In fact, I've canceled all my subs except for Birchbox (2 accounts) and Goodebox. Boy, I feel liberated and SO good! 

It was kinda weird that they included two food items, but I think the other skincare items they sent were quite generous. The serums cost $7 each on the Pure+Remedy website. The lip scrub was full size, valued at $20. So, it was still a great value box! 

Cancelling subs is a cathartic process for me too!

I should've mentioned in my previous post that I was very happy with the skincare samples. My first impression after opening the box wasn't great (because of the 2 food items)...but my opinion about the box improved after seeing that the other items were 4 deluxe/full-size skincare samples. I was also happy that my box had an estimated retail value of over $38. I'm going to continue with the every-other-month subscription and just hope that we don't get multiple food items in the future boxes.

Cancelling subs is a cathartic process for me too!

I should've mentioned in my previous post that I was very happy with the skincare samples. My first impression after opening the box wasn't great (because of the 2 food items)...but my opinion about the box improved after seeing that the other items were 4 deluxe/full-size skincare samples. I was also happy that my box had an estimated retail value of over $38. I'm going to continue with the every-other-month subscription and just hope that we don't get multiple food items in the future boxes.
No worries 
smile.gif
 This is the first box they sent which didn't have an expert curator, I'm not sure why! Personally, after using the two serums, I've been less than impressed. I don't see any difference. The sizes that were sent are probably not big enough anyway...I also tried the Shea Terra Cleanser from my box - It made my eyes sting like crazy (the instructions did say to keep it away from your eyes; of course I never read the instructions!) and believe it or not, my skin actually felt tight. So, after all my trials, the favorite product has to be the lip scrub. Although I am happy to learn about two other new companies (Pure+Remedy and Shea Terra Organics!). 

Was the lip scrub full-size? I noticed the sticker on the bottom said it was 1 oz, but it looked like the label for the full-sized product had been slapped on a sample. I could be wrong, but it doesn't quite look like 1 oz to my eyes. Maybe .5 or .6 of an ounce? A bit misleading, but I still enjoy it. I too passed on the spring cleaning box. I have way too many products as it is. I'm starting to just buy samples from the companies themselves when I want to try a particular product. I'm also finding products I really like and getting into more of a routine, so for now Goodebox every other month is my only subscription. If the July box is a bust I'll probably cancel. 

Back