Help with hair color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I plan to color my hair soon. I have been coloring my hair at a salon for the past few months and I love doing it there, I promised myself I would never do it at home again, but for some reason I feel like trying it but I don't want to use a box dye.(I have never had good luck with going lighter at home) I want to use the color/developer that a place like Sally's has.

I went to my stylist every month to lighten my hair 1-2 shades at a time to get the blonde I wanted. I am still not there yet.

My questions:
Which brand is the best? (Ion, Loreal, Clairol, etc)
I don't know what level developer I should use or which brand.
I also have no idea which color to get to lighten my hair a shade or 2. I wish I knew what my current color is, all I know is that she mixed some ash color with it. It was the darkest blonde on the swatch thing

Here are some pictures. It is a bit lighter in person.

Edit: Removed links, added photos

I haven't colored my hair in awhile so I will leave this up to the ladies who are more knowledgeable about hair coloring.

Because of I like to live as natural so I've also not colored my hair yet, So I've not much idea but I think Loreal is better then others.

The ones I'd look into are either goldwell or wella color.  I've seen them used on yt, and like how they work.

Originally Posted by lipo4ka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG! Your hair colour is so gordeous!!! Please, don't colour it!
Thanks! I have had many hair colors, and when I did it this color it was the only time lots of people have randomly complimented me on my hair, but I still want it lighter. I don't think I'll ever be happy with my hair lol.

I just decided to go with a box dye, medium golden blonde, surprisingly it matched perfectly with my current color.

I have pink hair and my husband wants my to dye it electric blue. Last night I did the color remover. I use I have fire engine red hair and it turned it pink. If I do the blue over the pink will it turn it purple?

I have pink hair and my husband wants my to dye it electric blue. Last night I did the color remover. I use I have fire engine red hair and it turned it pink. If I do the blue over the pink will it turn it purple?
Yes. And probably a much darker purple than you would expect, depending on how dark the pink is.

That's what I figured. It's a medium pink. I am always changing my color and this is he fort time I was not sure. I am bleaching the area then a deep condition treatment afterwards then blue tonight. I found the best way to save your hair after bleach is apply your favorite mask on dry hair and then blow dry your hair with hot air. The heat helps it get in.

What was your original colour?

You have like skin, I would recommand to dont lighten your hair too much, the maximum i would recommand it a chatain like Olivia Paleromo has

Why not trying an Ombre hair to see how your lengths will be more light, a little maybe like Jessica Biel

But i would recommand to dark it a little to a warm mahogany or chocolate

I want to see your result!

I have been bleaching+dying my hair for several years now. Wella  is really good good brand. I use that, Tahe. I think l'oreal has one that is also moisturising. I got it from this specialized hair shop. It's part of the loreal expert proffesional line, so shops like Sally might not have it. As for developer level, I'd start with 20% volume. Don't use 40%. I use Tahe dyes, and in the past used Special effects. I don't use hair dyes that require mixing 2+ components. They mostly have a lot of harmful chemicals

You should aim for big brands, LÓreal , Wella and others.  But after saw this and that I think you never can be sure of what color you will get in the end

Back