QOTD April 2, 2013 - What was your favorite childhood toy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was it legos? Barbies? Toy cars? A fluffy bunny plush named Mr. Bigglezworth? An easy bake oven? An action figure? One of those orange and yellow plastic cars?.... What? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me, as a child, I always loved my games. I had an NES, and played Mario and Dragon Warrior a lot.

As for more "hands on" toys, I can't think of anything specifically. Always liked boardgames though like Candyland and Mousetrap.

My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids doll (til I scorched his head near a radiator lol), and there was a Barbie or two. I had a little polar bear my grandpa gave me.. I'd sleep with that every night as a kiddo.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids doll (til I scorched his head near a radiator lol), and there was a Barbie or two. I had a little polar bear my grandpa gave me.. I'd sleep with that every night as a kiddo.

Oh my.... that brings me back too... I had a little polar bear plushie I LOVED as a child. I had my tonsils out in 2nd grade and they gave me a little polar bear plushie I named "Snowy" *I know, creative, wasn't I? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />*.... and I loved it. It was my favorite plush ever.

Mine was this:
It was 2.5 feet long and everything was reconfigurable. I could go on and on... Since there were so many pieces to it, I lost all of them as the many months went by. Too bad a complete one on eBay goes for around $2000.

Care Bear stuffed animals and Barbie dolls were my faves. I also want to thank Yukiko for posting a QOTD today - I was supposed to post one but have been recovering all day from an awful houseguest (food poisoning, ugh..) who decided to stay all night last night..

I always loved my dinosaurs and remember taking them to share. I had a big red one with glow-in-the-dark nails and teeth. I would dream of dinosaurs all the time. My mom was always shopping for toys in Little Tokyo, downtown Los Angeles for my brother and I in the early 70's so we had all the cool stuff, Transformers, robots, monsters, anime Candy Candy,  Sanrio Hello Kitty stuff before they exploded.

I got a kick pulling out my old makeup Barbie doll head and using it as a prop for my Benefit cosmetics party last year! I got to play with it again! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Barbies for sure! oh and my Easy Bake Oven! I swore I no longer needed the kitchen, and I would just survive off of little cake and such from my Easy Bake Oven! haha.

Barbies for sure! oh and my Easy Bake Oven! I swore I no longer needed the kitchen, and I would just survive off of little cake and such from my Easy Bake Oven! haha.
Lol.. that's funny.

I had a stuffed bunny, a little tikes doll house that I loved, and was also a big fan of my glow worms. I was fortunate to grow up with a really nice in ground pool so that was a big thing we did in the summer time. 

Well I did like my Barbies. My mom would buy me the fancy ones and I would "fix" them. That included cutting and/or "dying" their hair with a variety of colored sharpies and giving them a full face of makeup. My poor Peaches & Cream Barbie looked like a Vegas lady of the night when I was done with her. It always made my mom crazy but my dad realized I just liked doing makeup and hair even when I was that small. I wasn't trying to destroy them, just make them beautiful.

I grew up close to the beach so most of my summer days were spent riding my bike to the beach and then swimming all day. I was never the beautiful girl lounging on the beach. I was the girl who loved to boogie board, body surf, etc until I was a complete prune.

Well I did like my Barbies. My mom would buy me the fancy ones and I would "fix" them. That included cutting and/or "dying" their hair with a variety of colored sharpies and giving them a full face of makeup. My poor Peaches & Cream Barbie looked like a Vegas lady of the night when I was done with her. It always made my mom crazy but my dad realized I just liked doing makeup and hair even when I was that small. I wasn't trying to destroy them, just make them beautiful. I grew up close to the beach so most of my summer days were spent riding my bike to the beach and then swimming all day. I was never the beautiful girl lounging on the beach. I was the girl who loved to boogie board, body surf, etc until I was a complete prune.
Omg- my sister had the Peaches & Cream Barbie! I wasn't allowed to touch it! (My sister kept it in the box! I, of course, had to play with her! I would be careful to put her back in the box.) Did you have a Midge doll? She had the best hair! Sorry, OT... I loved Barbies and my dolls (cabbage patch, American girl, my cousin's Strawberry Shortcake dolls- they smelled awesome!! Seriously, the dolls were scented!! and some generic dolls.) I also had some 'My Little Pony', Polly Pocket, and some other mini toys. (Most of these were my sister's hand-me-downs. Only a few things were new.) I also wanted a water baby doll because my bestfriend had one, but my mom was afraid that it would leak and cause a mess.

I had so many toys I loved. First of course my Barbies, Cabbage Patch dolls, kitchen sets, & for a brief period trolls.

When I was a little girl I didn't hear about Barbie or anything.

So my favourite toy was half-bear and half-dog (I'm really not sure was it a bear ir a dog) with the name Tobik.

I loved my baby lion I won at a carnival. And also barbie dolls and amercain girl dolls. I was never really liked the cabbage patch kids they kind of scared me:D

I loved my baby lion I won at a carnival. And also barbie dolls and amercain girl dolls. I was never really liked the cabbage patch kids they kind of scared me:D

All things Hot Wheels. I had several of those little rugs that are towns for toy cars. I even had all the add ons for a full town for my cars! I even begged my parents to keep an old recliner we had because the grooves in it made a perfect parking lot for my cars. Of course I loved Barbies as well but Hot Wheels wins by a landslide. I even still buy them haha! My family and friends make fun of me all the time because I have a collection of them growing in my car's center console and a few fave hanging from my rearview mirror.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have hot wheels to!!! My brother had a stach of them in this closet with a ramp and everything so one day i was not snooping..... Just looking around and stumbled apon the box. I was playinh with them and my brother came into his room i did not know what to do so i hid them behind his bed and i ran into his closet finally after 15 mins i gad the chance to sneek out while my brother went to go get lunch. To this day he never knew i did that and never found his hot wheels!

Latest posts

Back