Is it safe to allow an artist to " make me over"?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am dissatisfied with my current look and  am looking for a full on " tell- me- what- I -need- to buy -and- how- to -apply- it- and-I -will- buy-it" experience. 

I spent a bit of money at sephora and was told I was a " VIB" ? ( I think its an incentive club) and that I was allowed a 45 minute makeover session.

I've been thinking of doing this as It would be nice to have someone show me the ropes but I wonder is that actually safe?

when I was in there , all of the makeup had been touched by every woman and child in the place. 

Do the artists use different makeup for makeovers or is it the same stuff as what the customers test? 

is sephora a good starting point for a novice who only really uses tinted moisturizer and mascara but that really wants to look more polished?

is it safe ( Hygine wise) to have it done? ( i don't want pink eye)

would it be rude to ask opinions on colors, buy all the items and then ask the associate to use the items?  

is this the best way to be consulted? is there another way to find a professional artist to show me the ropes?

thanks for the help gals!

Mimi

I think the makeovers are fun for customers and also a way to incite people to buy products. You generally go in, tell the associate your concerns or interests and listen to their suggestions. I've never had a problem trying out cosmetics there, but I also make use of their stations to clean and wipe off stuff.

I think the Sephora make over is a great option! If you have the time, you should schedule it (call ahead) during a non-peak time like a weekday so you can get the most out of your 45 minutes -- and they'll probably go over the 45 minutes to be thorough! I would do the Sephora make over rather than a department store/Mac make over so you're exposed to a wider range of products and brands. Plus, Sephora Cast Members aren't on commission so there won't be that weird pressure going on. I always sanitize the products before diving in to something. You can certainly ask the Cast Member to sanitize all products before putting it on you (they always do in my experience anyway). I think makeover first then purchase is a better route IMO but they do have a great return policy in case it doesn't work out.

Yes, I agree with both above. And I'd just be restating what they already posted. If they forget to sanitize before your consult, just remind them, and they will.

I agree with the above. Makeovers are a ton of fun because you can get some new ideas. Talk to them and explain what you are looking for like neutral stuff or maybe trying something with more color. Sometimes other people can see stuff that is great on someone that they may not necessarily see themselves.

Back