What make-up would you wear on your wedding or other special occasion?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wedding is coming up, May 25th! I am super excited and starting to think about what kind of make-up I should wear. Does anyone have any suggestions about make-up that will look really nice is also long-lasting?

I am also trying to decide on a nail polish color. Something classy and natural.

ALSO -- Not exactly make-up related, but I haven't picked jewelry or shoes either. My colors are purple and tiffany blue. I'm wondering if I should incorporate those colors with my accessories or should I stick with silver/white gold (like my ring) for the jewlery and white or nude for the shoes?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Congratulations! How exciting, puppy! Are you considering hiring someone for hair/makeup or you want to do it yourself?

I assume you'll be taking photos, so stay away from HD powders. How much coverage do you want in foundation? I have success with Estee Lauder double wear and MUFE Mat Velvet+. I can get 12 hours of wear with loose powder on top and hardly any shiny issues. Do you want a natural look, you but more, or to play up features? It'd be a good idea to do a few practice looks with your friend, to see what you end up loving. French tips are always classic for nails. You could have some bling or something added, for fun. I think shoes that coordinate with your wedding colors would be cute! Sort of a surprise when people see them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Depending on your dress and whether it's got bling, I always think less is more for jewelry. Earrings, maybe some studs or something a little dangly like chandeliers if your hair will be back. A bracelet or necklace, if your dress is low cut. You'll have your wedding ring, and you'll be glowing anyways.

Congrats! I got married 3 years ago but it seems like the other day!

For wedding makeup I usually like natural looking makeup. I'm not saying you shouldn't make it pop but I would stay away from very dark colors, you want to look fresh. Also I would get a good makeup setting spray so your makeup will last the entire day. I agree with doing the practice looks and trying out any new products ahead of time and in different lighting especially foundations.

For my nails I kept it rather simple, I got a gel french manicure with the faux tips. It looked beautiful and lasted through my 2 week honeymoon.

For accessories it really depends on the dress and what goes with it but I would suggest getting cute but comfortable shoes...I personally don't think its a great look when the bride is walking around bare foot everywhere but some brides have to.

Congrats! I'm getting Married May 11th and I've been thinking about what I'm going to do for makeup also. I'm thinking of going neutral. I use Make-up forever HD foundation it turns out awesome in pictures! 

I always like natural makeup for every occasion and always try to do my makeup flawless. I use lots of makeup product for doing my makeup like :

mascara & eyeliner from Maybelline
eyeshadow & blush from M.A.C
sometimes eyeshadow from Sephora
lipiner pencil from NARS
foundation & press powder from a L'Oreal

So choose your own makeup product for a flawless makeup.

Congrats!! These are fabulous quality products for wedding makeup.

Clarins Face Treatment Oils- Use this as a skin nourishing treatment every night for the 3 weeks leading up to your wedding.

Make-up forever HD foundation

Clinique Lash Power Mascara- Waterproof

Nars Multiple Duo- Portofino/Mali on cheeks

Enhance your eyebrows Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow

If it is my wedding, I may not choose to white, I like pink gift, make-up, will choose pink blush, but will not draw very strong makeup looks very heavy

Congratulations!

I really like the Stila Stay All Day foundation.  It's silicone based, so it will help to control sweat and oil throughout the day.  You can get it at Sephora, Ulta, or Stila's website.  It also has a coordinating concealer in the lid.  I like the Duo Mat pressed foundation to set it.  I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff the powder into the t-zone very lightly.  Make sure you use a great primer first for really good all day wear.  Pore-fessional by Benefit is amazing.  So is the MUFE HD primer.  Tarte also has a great one, can't remember the name right now.  Has 12-hr in it... 

For nails, you can't go wrong with a nude color, like a really soft pink or flesh color.  It will lengthen the look of your fingers, giving them a nice elegant lean look.  You could have a little rhinestone added to the tips of your ring fingers for a little pop of bling? 

Jewelry, the trend is to have a statement earring and no necklace, but it would really depend on the neckline of your dress and what you are wearing in your hair.  But keeping with a nice statement earring keeps the focus up and around your face, too.  Just make sure it isn't so big that it's gaudy or draws attention AWAY from your face, or overpower what you've got going on in your hair. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Dior's Airflash foundation spray, MAC eyeshadows, and the individual eyelashes u can find at any place like Walgreens or CVS. 

Congratulations Dear!

I really like Airbrush Makeup. It gives you a flawless look and also beautiful look that is light-weight, clean and natural make up. This makeup is perfect for anyone with any kind of skin.

My wedding is coming up, May 25th! I am super excited and starting to think about what kind of make-up I should wear. Does anyone have any suggestions about make-up that will look really nice is also long-lasting?

I am also trying to decide on a nail polish color. Something classy and natural.

ALSO -- Not exactly make-up related, but I haven't picked jewelry or shoes either. My colors are purple and tiffany blue. I'm wondering if I should incorporate those colors with my accessories or should I stick with silver/white gold (like my ring) for the jewlery and white or nude for the shoes?

Any ideas? Thanks!
[SIZE=10pt]      To avoid looking too pale.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1)    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Use a subtle blush on the apple of your cheeks- it brings more life to your face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]2)    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Keep the glitter and shimmer products to a minimum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]3)    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Use eye shadow primer to keep your eye shadow in place, even when you’re crying out of happiness. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]4)    [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]This will prevent creasing throughout the day,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Use waterproof mascara.[/SIZE]

The makeup which is trending right now and also is my favorite is the subtle makeup look.  You must have seen the pre-wedding photoshoot poses of Bollywood divas where they were seen flaunting there no makeup look.  Even at their wedding, they have kept it subtle with nude lipsticks. Anushka Sharma totally rocked a no-makeup look on her wedding day. So, if asked from me, I would any day pick a no makeup or subtle makeup look rather than a loud makeup which will look fake. 

The Big D-day and you want to be perfect till last T. Of course you are the spotlight of the day. So look beautiful do doing this bridal makeup.

link

Latest posts

Back