• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Chic Week 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sephora's Chic Week starts soon! All beauty insiders get 15% off with code CHIC, 4/12 through 4/21. VIBs can take advantage beginning 4/11 through 4/22 with the same code!  What will you be hauling?  I have my eye on the Clarisonic Brush Head Value pack, Alterna Kendi Oil, and the Buxom pink lip trio.  

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sephora's Chic Week starts soon! All beauty insiders get 15% off with code CHIC, 4/12 through 4/21. VIBs can take advantage beginning 4/11 through 4/22 with the same code!  What will you be hauling?  I have my eye on the Clarisonic Brush Head Value pack, Alterna Kendi Oil, and the Buxom pink lip trio.  
AHH I JUST made a purchase. I was convinced by reading this thread that it's only for VIBs!! I didn't know BI's get it too.... I wish I wouldn't have ordered now!  

I may pick something up anyway...probably a few buxom cream shadows that i've been eyeing

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AHH I JUST made a purchase. I was convinced by reading this thread that it's only for VIBs!! I didn't know BI's get it too.... I wish I wouldn't have ordered now!  

I may pick something up anyway...probably a few buxom cream shadows that i've been eyeing
Dagnabbit!  Can you cancel the purchase?

Clarisonic brush head value pack, Jasmine palette and quad, LORAC Unzipped, some hair products, not sure which ones maybe 100 Proof and Agave since those brands are new to Sephora. Idk what else depends if they get anything new.

I know some people swear by them and I think they look soooo pretty. I was obsessed for a little but once I actually tried one on it was horribly messy and it transferred EVERYWHERE. I was also using the teensiest tiniest dot of product on my lip and it was still pretty awful.

I might get a few lip tars. Anyone try those? How arr they?

I really want an eyeshadow base. I only use primer but I think a nice base would be great too! I've only used Laura Mercier's eye shadow base in buff. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know some people swear by them and I think they look soooo pretty. I was obsessed for a little but once I actually tried one on it was horribly messy and it transferred EVERYWHERE. I was also using the teensiest tiniest dot of product on my lip and it was still pretty awful.
I love them! But most the time I wear it, I use a lipliner to keep it from transferring/bleeding. Sometimes when I don't, it does not bleed as long as I put a very very tiny amount :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sbeam36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might get a few lip tars. Anyone try those? How arr they?
I love them! I think it depends on shades. Most of the ones I tried were amazing. The only one I was okay with was NSFW because the wear-time was less than others & became patchy after a while. My favorite shades are Memento, Pretty Boy, Nylon, Hoochie, Stalker & Lydia.

I love them! But most the time I wear it, I use a lipliner to keep it from transferring/bleeding. Sometimes when I don't, it does not bleed as long as I put a very very tiny amount :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes, lip liner is a must!

Awesome! I think i will pick up one or two to try! Thanks for the advice on the liner!

Originally Posted by sbeam36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome! I think i will pick up one or two to try! Thanks for the advice on the liner!
If your store has the Pro's Pick Lip Tar set in stock, that's definitely a good deal. One Lip Tar is $18, the Pro's Pick Lip Tar set is $49 and comes with 5 Lip Tars & one brush (which also retails for $18), so it's a $108 value for $49 & after the 15% off, it will come out to be $41.65 before tax :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If your store has the Pro's Pick Lip Tar set in stock, that's definitely a good deal. One Lip Tar is $18, the Pro's Pick Lip Tar set is $49 and comes with 5 Lip Tars & one brush (which also retails for $18), so it's a $108 value for $49 & after the 15% off, it will come out to be $41.65 before tax :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Awesome! Thank you for all of your help with this. I will most likely pick this up!

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw, OCC has fantastic nailpolish. Sephora doesn't carry it, but you can get it on the Obsessive Compulsive site. It's reasonably priced ($8 a bottle) and wears REALLY well. Has lasted me a good week without a chip.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw, OCC has fantastic nailpolish. Sephora doesn't carry it, but you can get it on the Obsessive Compulsive site. It's reasonably priced ($8 a bottle) and wears REALLY well. Has lasted me a good week without a chip.
Sephora Online carries OCC's Nail Polishes. They're $10 each (they raised the price), but if you want that, you would have to order online.

I'm a VIB who will probably shop in stores---do you all know if I need to show some kind of coupon or is my VIB card enough? April 11th is my birthday and I am super excited to go shopping that day and claim my free tote w/samples! 

Ugh. I've tried them with liner, with primer, by patting my lips down powder... It never works!

Im thinking about getting the tarte aqualillies palette, lorac pro, tarte maracuja lip set and the nars set- and god created the woman. I know I wont pick up all of them since im on a low buy, but im definitely thinking about the aqualillies. the packaging is so adorable and its perfect for travel!

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh. I've tried them with liner, with primer, by patting my lips down powder... It never works!
Aww that sucks D: Sorry it doesn't work out for you. I tried to make it into a balm before & I liked it, but my friend wanted it so I gave it to her. EnKore Makeup has a tutorial on how to make it into a lip balm & maybe that might work? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im thinking about getting the tarte aqualillies palette, lorac pro, tarte maracuja lip set and the nars set- and god created the woman. I know I wont pick up all of them since im on a low buy, but im definitely thinking about the aqualillies. the packaging is so adorable and its perfect for travel!
I'm thinking about the Tarte Aqualillies palette because the blush in it is a bit more than a full-sized blush!! But it's not in stores yet D: I want to shop in-store so I can get the tote

Back