Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a good product for me. I swear every foundation turns me into an ugly orange. I'm very light skinned and buy the lightest foundation colors. I've really only tried drugstore brands and Bare Minerals (which I'm planning to try again since I've been switching it up) I'm looking for full coverage. I have acne and acne scarring that I'd like to cover up. Help pleaseeee. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sounds like the foundations are oxidizing. Have you considered trying a prestige brand? It's easy to hit up a Sephora and ask for a color match; they'll give you some samples to take home and test out. What kind of undertones do you have?

Sounds like the foundations are oxidizing. Have you considered trying a prestige brand? It's easy to hit up a Sephora and ask for a color match; they'll give you some samples to take home and test out. What kind of undertones do you have?
Yes I'm open to trying prestige brands but don't know where to start since I'm pretty new to makeup! Unfortunately I don't have a Sephora around here :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. There is an Ulta though. I honestly have no clue about undertones!

Literally the best foundation I have ever used in my life is Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H. It's full coverage but still lightweight, doesn't oxidize, stays put all day, takes only a little (1-2 pumps) to cover everything, doesn't make me oily or break out...I could go on and rave about it all day! I have a lot of very dark acne scars, and usually have 1-3 active breakouts going on as well, and this stuff covers it all but doesn't look caky or anything.

I've tried tons of brands ranging from Covergirl to L'Oreal to Maybelline to Revlon to Estee Lauder to Lancome, and I currently have about 8 liquid/mousse foundations, most of them different brands and types, just to give you an idea of how much I've tried. The Lancome stuff is expensive ($45 for a bottle), but like I said, a little goes a long way, and it's absolutely amazing! You can always start with a sample to see if you like it or not, and that way, you'll get matched properly as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe try Ulta. How much coverage you want? I have breakouts and recently got bottles of Estee Lauder Double Wear and Make Up Forever Mat Velvet+. Fantastic coverage, great shade varieties, long lasting, but more expensive as prestige! Also, what do you set it with, if you do at all. Aaaand, for drugstore brands, most stores have great return policies on cosmetics now, so save your receipts and don't be afraid to take them back if they don't work for you!

Hey shelby, as an irish girl i feel your pain, finding fair skinned colors are so hard! if its not orange looking, it's pink I feel, However, I just started using an airbrush makeup system, Dinair and I have only been using the color vanilla, and I can tell you it is working perfectly, yes it the machine is an investment but after that the bottles are only cost $12 and at the most I'll only use 14 drops or so. It is quite a learning curve though, I am still getting used to it. I have some acne scarring that is slowly but surely fading thanks to porcelana night cream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I i can build the foundation over it in slow layers, to cover any spots and get full, opaque coverage, hope that helps!!

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Literally the best foundation I have ever used in my life is Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H. It's full coverage but still lightweight, doesn't oxidize, stays put all day, takes only a little (1-2 pumps) to cover everything, doesn't make me oily or break out...I could go on and rave about it all day! I have a lot of very dark acne scars, and usually have 1-3 active breakouts going on as well, and this stuff covers it all but doesn't look caky or anything.

I've tried tons of brands ranging from Covergirl to L'Oreal to Maybelline to Revlon to Estee Lauder to Lancome, and I currently have about 8 liquid/mousse foundations, most of them different brands and types, just to give you an idea of how much I've tried. The Lancome stuff is expensive ($45 for a bottle), but like I said, a little goes a long way, and it's absolutely amazing! You can always start with a sample to see if you like it or not, and that way, you'll get matched properly as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks! I will check it out! 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe try Ulta. How much coverage you want? I have breakouts and recently got bottles of Estee Lauder Double Wear and Make Up Forever Mat Velvet+. Fantastic coverage, great shade varieties, long lasting, but more expensive as prestige!

Also, what do you set it with, if you do at all. Aaaand, for drugstore brands, most stores have great return policies on cosmetics now, so save your receipts and don't be afraid to take them back if they don't work for you!

I would like full coverage. My chin area is especially bad with breakouts & scars. I just would love to cover it up and feel pretty. I've been using Revlon Nearly Naked foundation & powder. I've also tried the Revlon Colorstay as well. I sometimes use UD's De-Slick. Thats nice to know about the drugstore return policies! I will have to check them out. 

I mean to try out foundation when I was at a Sephora last weekend but it was a saturday and of course busier than ever! 

I love my Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I am very pale, so I wear the lightest shade, 110 (porcelain skin with pink undertones). If you have ever seen that viral video about the model with severe acne, she uses Makeup Forever foundation in that video to cover it up completely. I wasn't even that into foundation before I tried this stuff, and I wouldn't give it up for anything now! It is a bit expensive at $42, but I've had my current bottle for almost 2 months and still have a lot left. 

Originally Posted by BlackMagicRose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love my Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I am very pale, so I wear the lightest shade, 110 (porcelain skin with pink undertones). If you have ever seen that viral video about the model with severe acne, she uses Makeup Forever foundation in that video to cover it up completely. I wasn't even that into foundation before I tried this stuff, and I wouldn't give it up for anything now! It is a bit expensive at $42, but I've had my current bottle for almost 2 months and still have a lot left. 
I will check it out! Hopefully sometime soon maybe within the next month I will be near a Sephora to check it out.

I have seen that girl! Its so amazing what makeup can do - and thats the reason why I got into makeup. I'd watch like the Today show makeovers and think "Well if they can cover up stuff and look amazing, I can too!"  I'm still learning though. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are all great suggestions. DId you find something you like? You might want to read MUT's article on matching your foundation
Since its been warmer and I've been out in the sun more, I have been using my Revlon Nearly Naked   and then I also did buy MUFE Mat Velvet in 110 I think and that also has been working well.

Now I'm just looking for something a bit lighter to use for summer. Any suggestions anyone?

I swear by the chanel vitaluminer (sp?) aqua. 43$ is steep for me but I don't need a concealer with it and it has a decently high spf for summertime.

Back