Help!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have extremely pale skin and I always look so tired and dead in pictures. Someone please help me!! Any tips would be appreciated. Or if you see anything wrong with how I apply my makeup just tell me. I'm open to any help or criticism. Thank you!

I usually do a full face routine: eyebrows bronzer, blush, eyeshadow etc. But in pictures it is hard to see I am even wearing makeup. My eyes look tired and my skin looks dull. I guess I am just trying to look more fresh faced or put together. I want to be able to notice I have makeup on.

Hey girl! I have the same problem!! I think it's the curse of pale skin, I feel like my skin is not so much white but more translucent so you can see all my veins, which is what gives off the dead look. But I've been using the dinair airbrush system in the color vanilla and you can just build up the coverage as much as you want, so my actual skin look more opaque than clear lol. I feel like this gives me the most awake look. I'm still working on my technique (I notice it takes a lot of practice, and its easy to overdue it) but its by far better than the drugstore foundations I've been using. And don't be so hard on yourself, you have thick hair and an amazing bone structure in you face, girls would kill to look like you!

Thank you for your kind words!! I have the same issues with my skin looking translucent. Stupid pale curse haha.

Lol it is!! Also I've really been wanting to check out the Clinique even better dark circle corrector because its suppose to make the skin under your eyes 30% less translucent but I haven't seen too many reviews on it, and also the color of the cream is super dark. So I'm deff stalking youtube for a review by a paler person cause if it works I'd be all over that.

I have pale skin too that tends to look "bland", especially when I wear too many neutrals at once, which I love *sob*. I think it is because my face already has that neutral look that adding more to it makes mine look blah. Adding pops of color really helps for me. You have amazing cheekbones so accent those with a nice warm peach or pink blush. Going for a lipstick that it a little brighter will accentuate the other colors in your makeup. Nothing crazy bright, just avoid nude lips or super soft pinks unless you have a really bold eye (like smokey eye) on. I have found I can get away with using my beloved neutrals on my eyes if I add one bolder color in with it. So I slather myself in browns and then add a pop of orange or green.

Just to add my 10p's worth to what's been said, if you want to keep using mainly neutrals you could maybe think about using just a hint of coloured eyeliner/eyepencil to your upper eyelids and a teal or bronze would be fabulous with your eyes. Keep it really close to your lashes and maybe use a pencil to make sure the line is soft (instead of a liquid liner) and don't do 'wings', or anything fancy.  You do have amazing bones - jellusssssh moi? LOL!
biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and compliments. I would say 90% of my makeup is neutrals so I definitely need to try using more colors in my look! Does anyone have any good recommendations for a good foundation for very pale oily skin?

If you like neutrals i would try something like Costal Scents Warm palette. It has a lot of variety within the "neutral" scheme. Like take a classic brown shade, you can have undertones in it, purple undertones, warm ones, gold etcs. You might want to look at things like that, there are many variations on a single color.

You call yourself pale but are you a cool, warm, neutral or beige undertone. Your first picture looks like you'd be a cool tone, but it might be the lighting.

For foundation i use revlons color stay. They make them for Oily skin and it lasts. I looooove that stuff. It has a lot of shades to choose from too.

If you feel your face is dull or washed out, try something like lining your water line with eyeliner, top and bottom. I know for me, that is the one thing i must do. Even if i wear no other makeup, i have to line my water lines or i will look tired.

Originally Posted by angels41105 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you like neutrals i would try something like Costal Scents Warm palette. It has a lot of variety within the "neutral" scheme. Like take a classic brown shade, you can have undertones in it, purple undertones, warm ones, gold etcs. You might want to look at things like that, there are many variations on a single color.

You call yourself pale but are you a cool, warm, neutral or beige undertone. Your first picture looks like you'd be a cool tone, but it might be the lighting.

For foundation i use revlons color stay. They make them for Oily skin and it lasts. I looooove that stuff. It has a lot of shades to choose from too.

If you feel your face is dull or washed out, try something like lining your water line with eyeliner, top and bottom. I know for me, that is the one thing i must do. Even if i wear no other makeup, i have to line my water lines or i will look tired.
I have more cool undertones in my skin. Can you recommend any good eyeliners for the waterline?

You have an amazing bone structure! I have very fair skin as well, and the best things I've tried out that help me brighten my face is 1) Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer Brightener and I put this under my eyes, on the tip of my nose and along the ridge, as well as on the front of my chin. I wear this on top of my BB Cream and under a translucent powder. 2) A white eyeliner on my waterline. I use Rimmel's Kohl eyeliner in Pure White, then I lightly brush a cool white eyeshadow on top of that to set it. These two things along with good contouring have really helped me!

I'm way pale myself - so pale that even the lightest M-A-C skin tint is too dark for me. I've found that Tarte's clay lines match up really well, however. It isn't orange on my pink-hued skin.

For a pop of color, do your eyes as normal with the neutral tones but add some light emerald or teal to the upper lid. I do a blended triangle on my upper lid so it blends in nicely with the neutrals but isn't as dramatic as colored liner along the whole lid. It definitely brightens without being too much.

I don't think neutrals are the issue, and I don't think you look dead and tired- I think you look dull. As in, your makeup is just kind of not there and washed out and there's nothing fresh or vibrant. You can put all the color in the world on your face but until you correct that problem, you'll still have the same effect. 

I opened up your attached image and zoomed in for a closer look. Here's my thoughts: 

Your skin, oily as it may be, is lovely. Ditch the foundation and powder, opt for a bb cream over a primer. 

Get a cream blush and and cream bronzer. You need light and life, powdery products will just dull you down.

Your eyes are very similar to mine- they are so round and large it takes a gallon of makeup to look like there's something going on. Brighten your eyes up with some simmer in the inner half of your upper lid, and then learn how to do individual false lashes and layer those baby's up. Keep your shadow simple, just blend some of that creamy bronzer into your crease. 

A pop of coral or bright pink liquid lipstick would be wonderful to brighten up your look. 

Back