Blog Collaboration

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are any of you guys interested in doing a beauty blog collaboration where a bunch of us write posts on a common theme, post on the same day, and link to each other's posts? I think it would be kind of fun and we could help promote each other's beauty blogs by doing this too. It could be a one time thing or we could do it one day a month or something. I started blogging because I am interested in beauty products, but the main reason is that I want to connect with other beauty addicts. I know I connect with a lot of you here, but I would love to connect in this way too. If we get a few of us interested, we can decide on a theme and pick a date to post. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Krendall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This sounds like fun.  I'd do it!
Yay! I have a question for you. I've noticed that you experiment with nail polishes a lot. Which nail polish remover do you use? My nails have been no yucky and brittle since I've been changing out my polish, so I really need to find a better remover. 

I was using pure acetone from CVS because I wanted something that removed glitter easily, but when I ran out I did not purchase it again because it was very drying.  Now I am using CVS strengthening polish remover with gelatin with cotton squares.  I think it removes just as well as the pure acetone, and I feel like my nails are getting stronger.  One thing that has made a huge difference is that I absolutely do not peel my polish off!  I used to do that when thick glitter would start popping off in sheets, but my nails were peeling and it was so gross.  I've used Julep's acetone free polish remover pads, but I have to use a million of those things to finish one hand. 

Bah, sorry, I got distracted with school stuff and lost track of this thread. One idea I had about a blog collaboration is doing a makeup tips for beginners series where we all write about basic tips for beginners who are just getting into makeup. This could be anything from suggesting your favorite beauty boxes, brands, product types, brushes, beauty gurus, websites or anything else. That's just an example. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to share. We could schedule it for the last week of May, perhaps, or later if people need more time. The only real guideline, I suppose, would be to link to the other participating bloggers, and it would be nice if we mentioned MUT in some way. 

I think it would be fun to do a different "challenge" every week, or monthly or whatever. Like one week we could all create a look with a red lip, and do a smoky eye the next installment, experiment with a certain color the next week, etc. I'm no professional or anything, but I think it would be fun to link up and see everyone's interpretations!

Latest posts

Back