Best Avon Products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a friend that is selling Avon products and I told her I would buy some from her to support her new venture. I have tried a few products when I was first getting into makeup, but I didnt like any of them and as a whole I am not a huge fan of the brand. Are there any good Avon products that you guys would recommend? Like I said, I want to buy something, but I dont want to regret what I purchase. Thanks!

Their eyeshadows are horrible avoid those. Their lipgloss isn't bad I think it is called Glazewear for $2.99 usually. I liked Mark products when I used to get Avon. The hook up items were always alright.

I don't care for Avon's makeup as a whole, but I do like their mascaras.  They have a new one that just came out that I am going to purchase as it's been raved about by several friends that are just as picky as I am when it comes to mascara.  It's called Super Extend Infinitize.  I have liked the Super Extend mascaras, so I have great hopes for this one as well.  I also love Avon's hand creams, especially the Moisture Therapy Intensive (I have mini's all over the house, in my purse, in the car, etc...), and the Moisture Therapy Intensive Extra Strength Cream (the one in the tub - not the bottle) is my favorite body lotion of all time.  I don't care for their other body lotions though.  Their foot products are good and inexpensive and my husband likes their roll-on deodorants.  I did recently try a long-wearing shadow pencil from them, and I was incredibly impressed by the staying power, but the color was too frosty for me.

Avon's nail polishes are pretty good, especially for the price, and they are always either on sale or included in some sort of special, like a BOGO or whatnot. I really really like the formula of their suede polishes, they are so pretty and last a good couple days without chipping, which for suedes isn't bad since you don't use a top coat. I also really like their Glimmersticks eyeliners, which are currently 2/$6.99! The Magix Face Perfecter is also a really good primer.

The only Avon products I've tried have been their Glazewear lip glosses and the Glimmerstick eyeliners. Both are really awesome products and they almost always have a sale on the Glimmersticks so I would totally recommend those! :)

If you like doing your nails, try their Instant Gel Cuticle Remover. 

That's probably the only product I would recommend from Avon's entire line, as you can find better products from other brands.

That gel really works well and makes your nails look like you just stepped out of a salon, no kidding.

I read on some make up artist site that their Diamond Shimmer Eye liners were the best - I ordered one on line as they had free shipping and it's horrible.  It's retractable and broke on the first use, not smooth and didn't stay on.  I am going to see if I can get a refund waste of $7.

I tried these, and loved them,

AVON® Retexturizing Peel - Exfoliate, Retexture & Resurface

it is a peel , but in a pad form, like stridex pads for your face.

Also, MARK products are so fun, their eyeliners last, and are super smooth...also the lip gorgeous lip stain!

(link removed as it does not work)

You guys really shouldn't hate on avon products just because they are affordable. Lots of you are probably makeup snobs but what you don't know is that Avon is the largest makeup manufacturer. Most makeup companies go to a market and purchase their makeup (the same makeup that avon manufactures) and then slap their name on it. So you might be using avon makeup and not even realize it. That being said, they have the best eye liners I have ever used, great pigmentation and no smudging. I also use their mineral makeup and it is amazing. Covers really well yet looks natural. There's a tutorial for it on my youtube. Anyways, I have always been impressed with avon products and I even bought some urban decay to see what all the hype was about and it was not as good as my avon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LivvyDiane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys really shouldn't hate on avon products just because they are affordable. Lots of you are probably makeup snobs but what you don't know is that Avon is the largest makeup manufacturer. Most makeup companies go to a market and purchase their makeup (the same makeup that avon manufactures) and then slap their name on it. So you might be using avon makeup and not even realize it. That being said, they have the best eye liners I have ever used, great pigmentation and no smudging. I also use their mineral makeup and it is amazing. Covers really well yet looks natural. There's a tutorial for it on my youtube. Anyways, I have always been impressed with avon products and I even bought some urban decay to see what all the hype was about and it was not as good as my avon
smile.gif
I don't think anyone is hating on Avon. Some people just like things that others don't like. But most of the posts in this thread have been people recommending the products they do like from Avon. I personally am a fan of a lot of Avon products, and just like all brands, there are some that I'm just not a fan of. But I don't think it's fair to call people "makeup snobs." No one said anything about not liking the products because they are affordable. I think you might be jumping to conclusions a little bit....

I like the Magix primer and the glimmerstick eyeliners. Of course my mom is an avon lady, so I get a pretty good deal. 
wink.gif

I also like some of their jewelry.

Originally Posted by LivvyDiane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys really shouldn't hate on avon products just because they are affordable. Lots of you are probably makeup snobs but what you don't know is that Avon is the largest makeup manufacturer. Most makeup companies go to a market and purchase their makeup (the same makeup that avon manufactures) and then slap their name on it. So you might be using avon makeup and not even realize it. That being said, they have the best eye liners I have ever used, great pigmentation and no smudging. I also use their mineral makeup and it is amazing. Covers really well yet looks natural. There's a tutorial for it on my youtube. Anyways, I have always been impressed with avon products and I even bought some urban decay to see what all the hype was about and it was not as good as my avon
smile.gif
My aunt has been an Avon distributor for the past 15 years, so I can safely say I tried almost all of their products by now. I speak from personal experience, and give advice based on that experience. 

Just like JamieO said, it would be nice if you stopped jumping to conclusions so quickly.

I'm a big fan of their base and top coats.  They're pretty much the only ones I use on my nails nowadays and I've tried EVERYTHING (so it seems) high end and low end and they're my personal faves.  They have a newish gel basecoat that is great!  For the short time I've been using it I can tell a huge difference in the strength of my nails. 

Also non makeup related I really like their jewelry, hand creams and bubble bath. 

Bubble bath. The skin care is nice, but nothing special. Avoid the eye shadows. Lippies are good. My friends all swear by the mark concealer, too.

Disclaimer: I do sell AVON, but am giving an honest opinion here. Most of it is nothing to write home about.

I would totally recommend the glazewear lip gloss! They are so creamy and have a lot of great colors to choose from. My personal favorite is Rave.

I LOVE Avon's retractable lip liners. I recently ordered 3 colors, brick, pink bouquet, and mauve. I find at least one of those works for just about every lipstick I have. They are creamy, don't feather, and keep my lipgloss and lipstick perfect, and they are CHEAP!

Avon just came out with a BB cream and it is amazing. I also like their eye primer and I use the Anew F33 lotion and eye cream. It's pricey but I have sensitive skin and the Anew products work well for me.

Hi,

I've been selling Avon since October 2012.

Also way back in 1981 when I was a student I sold it then.

Your friend/ reps should be offering you the 90 day satisfaction guarantee, so you can try a product and return it used if you don't like it.  I do return stuff if the customer is not happy.  Avon look after their customers and reps alike.

I cannot believe the brand is way older than me, it's been around over 120 years in the USA and nearly as long in the United Kingdom.

Both times I've had male customers who really like the brand:

AVON MUSK is still going strong - a best seller for guys

PROFESSIONAL PORE SCRUB  Great as a pre-shave, for acne, for dead skin etc  - Great for ladies too.

CITY RUSH EDT - Cologne and Shower / Hair wash are great, the guys order loads of this stuff

AVON MEN - ACTIVE - The entire range is great.  I use the Smooth Shave Foaming Gel, it's as good as Gilette and

smells better.

Avon are bound to bring out more stuff for guys - the male reps are doing better in the business than the women, they account for a substantial sales volume too.

My favourite ladies stuff --

24K gold makeup - the entire product range, pure luxury and quality to rival YSL, Chanel etc.

Glimmer sticks - lip or eye both perform great - I love Brick Red, the perfect base for my lipstick.

Magix face perfector - keeps my foundation on and looking great.

Supershock Black Mascara - a couple of coats are all I need.

ANEW Reversalist - great for mature skins, love the cream cleanser not a rinse off or foaming one, just great for taking off eye make up.

Clear - spray on sfp30 sun protector, goes on fast and clear.

After sun Body Butter - great as a rich cream for face and body after the sun or if you need extra repair.

Detangler Spray - the one for Kids, great for me and my daughter - not more tears or knots.

Nailwear Pro+ All the blue shades and the Red Bombshell - they dry fast and LAAAST.

Give it a try, check the reviews and remember - Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back