Poll: Whats the one make-up item you never thought would look good but you love?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
haha I thought it would be fun to hear everyones stories about their bad first make-up impressions that they ended up completely loving.

Mine is bright fuschia lipstick. I never thought I would look good in barbie pink shades and only wore reds but I realized that I own quite a few and I really like them. I'd love for you all to share yout similiar experiences :icon_chee

hmmm...I would say colored eyeshadows. I thought since my eyes were green colors would just look too overdone, but I really like using some colors now!

A product I can think of is WetNWild's shadows and All Over Shimmer powder. I thought both of them would be crappy but I love both of them! The AOS is probably one of my absolute favorite items.

I can sympathize with the colored shadows deal. My hair is blue and I wouldn't wear blue shadows for the longest time because I didn't want to clash but now I just wear them anyways haha

False lashes can be very intimidating at first, so I wouldnt blame ya <3

i didn't like black liner. i thought it was too intense for me, so i would always use a dark brown. now i use carbon ALL the time!

yes, they are TOO intimidating... when i first tried them on I was so surprised that they were actually not that hard to apply and werent that dramatic. none of my friends noticed I had them on that night :icon_smil

Oh I agree. I think I bought my first black liner this year. I am pretty fair, so I always thought I would look gothic with it.

Lol where's the Poll?

For me nude lipstick shade, I don't like it at first but I end up loving it lol.

Black eye liner.

I always thought it'd look too harsh on me. Then I got my Blacktrack Fluidline and love the way it looks.

Definately colored eyeshadows for me too! I always thought since I have brown eyes, I could only stick with brownish and beige neutral shades. It took this site to make me realize you can do the most color with brown eyes! Muted shades of purple and gold are my new favorites!

Also...orange-y lipsticks. I went to the MAC counter this fall, and the girl there tried Meltdown on me, and it was like, THAT is "the one!" With my skin coloring and hair and eyes, it looks so good! Never would have thought of it myself!

green shadow/piggie.

I tried Green Olive Mac piggie and I love it now! I didn't think I could ever pull it off with green eyes but now I love pairing it with browns and champanges!

Light blue and blue e/s, I didn't know but they aren't all that bad on me (Well, I hope so! :icon_chee )

At first was green e/s, I remember wearing only beiges and browns, and once at Stila the mua told me that I would look great with a bright green, I bought it, and before I try it I alwys said to myself,"How stupid of you to buy such a bright e/s you will never wear it, but now it's one of my HG!! Second was the peach blush, for years I was wearing dull brown blushes because once I tried a pink and I looked awful but I vever thought of a peach shade so I tried once at Mac and from then I never wore any brown again!

i think this had to be the one for me also. but, for me it's more of a nude lip look made with peachy mocha lipstick by maybelline and champagne lipstick from victoria's secret. i thought it would make my lips look huge, but it turned out really well.

Blue, green and black eye shadows. I got bored with neutrals and decided to try color and now I can't get enough of them.

barbie pink lip shades,now i love pinks.Purples es ,but now love em too.umm icant think of anything major:icon_wink:icon_chee

I'm going to have to go with pink lips - I like light pinks and nudes, so I didn't think brighter pinks would look good on me, but they do!

blue shadow (saphire single by CG) and pink gloss, not together, but they both look actually not bad at all. :icon_smil i experiment a lot, so i am becoming less skeptical.

one thing i know for sure will either wash me out or make me look allergic to smth is pink eyeshadows, i feel they are not for me, so i won't be trying them, anything but pink.

Latest posts

Back