BM Fairly Medium Mixed with Fair? Possible other brands?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was recently matched in an Ulta as Bare Minerals READY foundation shade Fairly Medium. I think the shade matches okay, but is a little too "warm" or too much color for my taste aka I like looking a little pale (in a natural sort of way). I also have a sample a friend gave me in Fair (the lightest shade) which is a couple shades too light for me. I am wondering if I could swirl my brush in one first and then the other to get that slightly paler look I want sometimes. Is this do-able? Has anyone else tried it or anything similar? Maybe I should apply the lighter shade first then blend in the matched shade? Or the other way around?

I was actually considering buying another shade, but it seems there really is not another shade in my tone between the two. Are there any other company that offer samples (even paid for samples) that you have tried a similar shade in that worked? Any shade suggestions? I really like the texture of the BareMinerals stuff because it is light and not drying at all. I also get the coverage I like (light to medium) so it still looks somewhat natural.

Yes, that will work just fine. That is the beauty of LOOSE mineral makeup, you can blend and mix and match. No waxy ingredients to gum it up so go ahead and create your own shade.

That said, there are a lot of better brands out there that don't add Bismuth Oxychloride or other ingredients as a filler, feel better on the skin and have better coverage.

Originally Posted by ANielsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, that will work just fine. That is the beauty of LOOSE mineral makeup, you can blend and mix and match. No waxy ingredients to gum it up so go ahead and create your own shade.

That said, there are a lot of better brands out there that don't add Bismuth Oxychloride or other ingredients as a filler, feel better on the skin and have better coverage.
If you have any suggestions of brands, especially those that send out samples so I can color match well, please let me know. I am open-minded. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back