TopBox (Prive Box) - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I thought I would make a thread on the April 2013 TopBox, detailing what samples were received (I couldn't find another thread for this so I apologize in advance if someone already posted). This is my first month with TopBox after being on the waiting list for about 2 months, I finally got through. I opted for the Prive box and this month it an Elizabeth Arden one.

Here is a list of what I received (I will update with photos):

- Elizabeth Arden All Gone Eye and Lip Makeup Remover - 50ml (Sample Value: $12): "This two-phase formulation easily, gently removes even transfer resistant waterproof makeup. Full size: $24 (100ml). 

This product was in both the regular TopBox and the Prive box. 

Comments: I currently have several similar makeup removers and my favourite so far is the Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover. I will try this one to see if it's as good as my Lancome one. 

- Prevage Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum - 5ml (Sample value $45.83): "Lines lost, firmness found, luminosity returned. Full size: $275 (30ml). 

Comments: Though I'm not at the age where I need Anti-Aging, I would like to try this product to see how it compares to my Biotherm Source Therapy Serum. I probably wouldn't buy this because of the HUGE price tag.

- Flawness Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup - 1.9g (Sample Value: $4.20): "Imperfections vanish. Skin is illuminated. Glow is recaptured. Full Size: $42 (19g).

Comments: From the looks of it, it's cream foundation but given the sample size and the sponge application, it does seem like too small of a sample to fully try this and give a proper review. However, I would like to try this cream foundation given the fact that I currently use a liquid foundation.

- Beautiful Colour Lash Enhancing Mascara - 3ml (Sample Value: $12.85): "Coats and curls. Lifts and Lengthens. Every last lash. Full size: $30 (7ml). 

Comments: Though I do have a lot of different brands of mascara (my current favourites being the MAC Plush Lash and Stila), I am looking forward to trying this and it is a decent size. 

The total sample value of this box is $74.68, though I don't believe that the serum should cost that much and I'm going with the details on the card they provide. This being my first month with Topbox, I quite liked this box and am quite impressed. 

The monthly price for Topbox is $12+tax (free shipping). You can invite your friends to join and after 3 friends have joined, your next box is free. 

I went for the regular Topbox since it was my first one. I got 2 tubes of Cuccio Naturale Milk & Honey Butter, Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lash Enhancing Mascara, KMS California FREESHAPE Quick Blow Dry and Michael Todd True Organics Tropical Fruit Enzyme Scrub.

I estimated the value at just over $20. I did a full review with photos on my blog if you want to see more.

Back