Favorite mineral foundation for oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I am looking to start trying a new foundations. I really like mineral makeups but the few that I have tried seem to enhance the shine of my oily skin. Now... when I say oily, I mean I look like I've been flipping burgers at the local fast food joint after only a few hours in class. It's disgusting and I am hoping to change that. I recently bought some witch hazle for a toner and I will be buying milk of magnesia for a primer, HD powder and oil sheets for between class touch ups. I have never used primer but from the information I've gathered online, it should help. I also just bought a mineral moisterizer made for oily skin by mineral fusion. I am looking to try and find a high end(considerably priced) mineral foundation for daily use. I occasionaly have cystic acne with fairly large scars so I will need something with better coverage. I also have some reddening around my nose just above my top lip. Some times it itches so I might have slightly sensitive skin. I plan on going to Macys to get matched, I just wanted to know what to look for so I don't get influenced by the sales pitch and save myself some time. Anyways, thank you for reading!!! :)

Are you sure you're moisturizing enough? Your skin might be overcompensating for dryness by producing too much sebum. I have the same problem and it's gotten better when I made sure I moisturize thoroughly and let the moisturizer sink in before applying my make up. 

Another thing that has helped with coverage and oiliness is spritzing my kabuki before application so that it's slightly damp but not wet. I personally use Mario Badescu's Facial Spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater and really love it. 

What kind of a kabuki are you using? A flat top is best for heavy duty coverage. As for foundation, I use Meow's Flawless Feline. I find it covers up my acne scarring pretty nicely. You might also want to look into mineral primers and color correctors. 

I hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PS. You might want to look into Bare Mineral's Blemish Remedy treatment. It works nicely underneath mineral make up and helps with blemishes. Not sure if it'll work for cystic acne, though, but it's been great for me. 

Hi @YogaWithCurves 

Try Musq Cosmetics.

Use their creme foundation for a thicker coverage and then apply their powder foundation on top

I feel this helps to minimise the look of my oily skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try this ella rose minerals day time magic for oily. Do not use bare minerals, cakey, poor coverage and contains bismuth its not good for oily skin.

You mentioned you were going to buy milk of magnesia. Have you tried that yet? Someone told me about that for oily skin but I haven't tried it. Was curious if it worked for you.

Mineral makeup is truly nothing more than reduce or pressed powdered. It isn't innovative, more secure, or exclusive in any significant way. Maybelline mineral powder is the best.

Back