May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is kinda early but after a disappointing March and skipping April due lack of pizzazz I'm kinda hopeful for May

My wish list

1.Concealer 2. Nude/pink/coral lip product (NO RED) 3.Pastel Nail Polish 4.Blotting sheets 5.Lip Scrub

Yeah, March wasn't my favorite month. I think since I've joined Ipsy in November 2012, that was probably my least favorite bag. April's bag was a great improvement. I'm happy that even though the theme was "Pretty In Pink," I can find a use for and enjoyed everything, even the hot pink blush, which after trying it, I love it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for next month's bag, my wishlist is really short since there really isn't much I'm dying to try at the moment... May update this post if I think of something else.

- Pink or coral lip stick (don't have either in my collection)

- Fun color eyeliner (liquid or pencil preferably, thought it'd be something fun for the summer months)

This will be my second Ipsy bag, and my birthday month, so I'm hoping for something good!

I'd love a gloss, some sort of nail art product, a cc cream, maybe a shower gel or something for the bath, or maybe a mattifier/blotting paper? And a springy, fun bag. *fingers crossed*

Originally Posted by Amanda Stan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this is kinda early but after a disapointing March and skipping April due lack of pizzazz I'm kinda hopeful for May

My wish list

1.Concelar 2.Nude/pink/coral lip product (NO RED) 3.Pastel Nail Polish 4.Blotting sheets 5.Lip Scrub
A lip scrub would be great. So would a lip product (I agree with no red, but I have to add no coral too as I can't pull it off--nude or pink would be fine though). Polish would be fine, even though we got some this month. Blotting sheets I don't really need or use often, but if the other products were great, it would be ok. I think a concealer is soooo hard for them to send out because that is a hard item to match to your coloring as it is. For them to just send out a small range of shades would mean the product would be unusable for most people, I would think.

I would love a BB or CC cream or a lip scrub or mascara or nail polish or lotion

rolleyes.gif

A lip scrub would be great. So would a lip product (I agree with no red, but I have to add no coral too as I can't pull it off--nude or pink would be fine though). Polish would be fine, even though we got some this month. Blotting sheets I don't really need or use often, but if the other products were great, it would be ok. I think a concealer is soooo hard for them to send out because that is a hard item to match to your coloring as it is. For them to just send out a small range of shades would mean the product would be unusable for most people, I would think.
I'd love a scrub! That would be awesome. I do think that concealer would be tough. Especially as I'm pretty fair and anything they'd send would probably be in the safe medium zone ... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love to see something fun for the summer. A colored eyeliner, maybe some more eye shadows to fit the rx palette and a pretty lip gloss hopefully Mirenesse.

april was my first bag - still havent gotten it yet but i do like a lot of the items in it! cant wait to see whats next for may.

May will be my first month! I'm a birchbox subscriber and excited to try ipsy as well.

July/August 2012 were my favorite bags but I have to say the only reason is because those are bag types I requested.

Originally Posted by RuCa Hj Lee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL what was up with the switcharoo with the lip bag?.... hmmm LOL
I was wondering about that! Maybe that is going to be our May bag and someone made a mistake? Now I wish I had paid closer attention to what was poking out of it! I don't really like the lip-shaped bag, but maybe it's a hint that it will be a lip-themed bag, full of lip products? That is my biggest cosmetic weakness, so I would totally love that!!!

Originally Posted by RuCa Hj Lee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL what was up with the switcharoo with the lip bag?.... hmmm LOL
What lip bag?  Were you one of the ones with a damaged april bag?  I got March 2012 bag instead.

I am soooo sick of getting eyeshadows! We get eyeshadows almost every month. I would love to get some brushes or some body butter/ lotion! Even though they just gave nail polish in April, I WANT MORE ;D I loove nail polish and I would love some bolder colors! Maybe a royal blue? I personally did not like the March bag and was not impressed with the April bag. In the march bag, I got eyeshadow colors that did not compliment me at all, hydrating mist which smells awful, a useless palette, and the only thing i liked, the wipes. In April, I got two eyeshadow colors very similar to the ones I got in March, Soy renewal which I am allergic to (the soy), great nail polish, and blush. I personally don't wear blush or concealer, or foundation, or setting powder in that matter. I have been with ipsy for quite a long time, but if the next two months are like march and april, i am probably going to switch to another subscription box. August 2012 to February 2013 were amazing! I think they are lowering their standards... 

LOL See and if they sent more lotion out people would complain about that. LOL I can understand wanting other things to try but let's face it there's only a certain amount of variations out there.

I'm still waiting for lip liners.

Latest posts

Back