Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Stan

May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Saw it was already posted but I can't wait for the Zoya polishes.

I am so happy for this bag 

Zadidoll posted a pic and it said we are getting 5 items this month!!!! after two disappointing 4 product bags I am so happy to get one with 5 products ( I was so close to canceling too) plus a FULL SIZE Zoya nail polish as the first product... YES PLEASE11.gif(Fingers crossed I don't get the white though I wouldn't be sad if I did)

BTW I just got my first Topshop polishes and love them... am I the only one??

Sorry had to edit the image.

Originally Posted by pengutango View Post

It's cute, but I don't think that's a sneek peek, since it's not in the same album as the first one. A bonus item maybe? whistling.gif

Yeah that's why I said possible ;-) 

well, like many of you other ladies, the full-size Zoya + 4 other products got me to resubscribe! no color preference here for the polish, really, because I don't have any from that collection! 

Originally Posted by Amanda Stan View Post

Zadidoll posted a pic and it said we are getting 5 items this month!!!! after two disappointing 4 product bags I am so happy to get one with 5 products ( I was so close to canceling too) plus a FULL SIZE Zoya nail polish as the first product... YES PLEASE11.gif(Fingers crossed I don't get the white though I wouldn't be sad if I did)

Me too!  Totally psyched!  Hope I get the pink or purple!  or blue or green.. LOL.  just not the yellows!

Originally Posted by cari12 View Post

Hmm. I just noticed this was posted on Ipsy's site. Possible spoiler #2?

I would love this!  I totally get why some of you would think it's too "young", but instead of wearing it as a headband, I would wrap it a few times around a bun, and have the flower part perch near the top.  Kind of like this:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

And if we can pick colors, I totally want the sunset-y one with oranges & pinks!!! Yay!

• Like 1

I just unsubbed last night, I dont use nailpolish, and my hair is very short but I just got into wearing flowers, hairbands,etc in my hair but im still not sold yet, to come back

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

I would love this!  I totally get why some of you would think it's too "young", but instead of wearing it as a headband, I would wrap it a few times around a bun, and have the flower part perch near the top.  Kind of like this:

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

And if we can pick colors, I totally want the sunset-y one with oranges & pinks!!! Yay!

I totally agree with you! I would think the bun look would be adorable! But I have a feeling this new beauty will become my daughters :(

kk, now i am really excited! I'll take that whole dang Zoya collection, thank you! biggrin.gif

And that head band/hair tie flower thing-- TOO CUTE! I am into the rockabilly rockabella vintage 1940s 1950s look, so YES YES YES PLEASE I can always throw a flower in my hair over my ear. wub.gif Also would be cute on a summer sun hat!

I love ipsy. Even the stupid March bag every body hated. I still love it all. Makes me happy, Can't think of a better way to spend 10 bucks. Honestly!

The pale one isn't white, it's like a creamy yellow-beige color :)

Originally Posted by xlisaa View Post

Quote:

The pale one isn't white, it's like a creamy yellow-beige color :)

Yes, it is called Jacqueline and I want it.

hmmm I am wondering if this flower head band is from Baublebar? Since ipsy is offering a wrap from Baublebar maybe the company is a new partner for the bags, too? icon_question.gif

Originally Posted by mindcaviar View Post

hmmm I am wondering if this flower head band is from Baublebar? Since ipsy is offering a wrap from Baublebar maybe the company is a new partner for the bags, too? icon_question.gif

I was wondering the same when I saw the wrap from Baublebar. I think flowers in a women's hair no matter what her age is so pretty. 

I love Zoya and don't care what color I get... they are all gorgeous!! On a side note wtf is a "beauty spoon" that I keep seeing advertised on some of these pages? :confused: lol

Originally Posted by sinatraskitten View Post

I love Zoya and don't care what color I get... they are all gorgeous!!

On a side note wtf is a "beauty spoon" that I keep seeing advertised on some of these pages? confused.gif lol

I guess a spoon that you can use to scoop out product? 11dh.gif Like one of those mini spoons sort of, perhaps...

Originally Posted by MareNectaris View Post

The purple is so pretty! My fingers are crossed for purple or the green.

iagree.gif  Love purple!

Originally Posted by Rachael B View Post

WEE!  Here it is!!! The first May spoiler!!!!  What's everyone think it is???  

500mi-hg4jqyf9qgxhrq.jpg

I do hope it is Zoya! I haven't ever tried that nail polish. I just don't hardly spend over a few bucks for nail polish. But I MIGHT if I fell in love lovelove.gif. Just received Butter London in the Summer Allure box (whole reason I REALLY wanted the box) and I am excited to try it also.

kk, so I guess the head bands are not in our future. They have changed the photo to a gorgeous bouquet. No more flower head band picture!! unsure.gif

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post

love the headband! that makes me happier than the nail polish : )

off subject lol, You totally look like Tori Spelling in your avatar! Crazy! back on subject, Have you used Zoya NP before? Does it chip?

Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post

I'm going to try and get some referrals.. Dying to try the moondust! I'll be sad if I end up with the bauble bar, I'm not feeling the gold on it...

Ugh, I *just* referred two people LAST month, lol. 

Day late, dollar short.

Originally Posted by Roxane68 View Post

I do hope it is Zoya! I haven't ever tried that nail polish. I just don't hardly spend over a few bucks for nail polish. But I MIGHT if I fell in love lovelove.gif. Just received Butter London in the Summer Allure box (whole reason I REALLY wanted the box) and I am excited to try it also.

Your so lucky you got the Allure box! It sold out before I got mine!

Originally Posted by jkwynn View Post

Ugh, I *just* referred two people LAST month, lol. 

Day late, dollar short.

I can empathize! I referred someone less than a week ago. mad.gifgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by Jane725 View Post

I don't think I've had a good experience with any of their products, honestly.  I've tried an eyeliner, and it smudged terribly.  I bought Posietint, which is the most insanely drying thing that has ever been put on my lips and has them peeling within 20 minutes flat - layering with balms or glosses doesn't help.  Works okay as a blush if I mix it with water to prevent it from immediately staining my face with dots where I first put it on.  I've tried both BADgal and They're Real mascaras - BADgal was clumpy, while They're Real smears all over the place, and is somehow really hard to get off at the same time, even with makeup remover!  Meaning if I put on mascara in the morning, there's still residue from the previous day which makes the lashes clump together, and it's just a mess.  I do heart.gif the wand, though - I may try to wash it off and use it with my preferred Lancome Hypnose Star.

Hmm, what else...  I tried the new-ish foundation (called oxygen something?)... it actually was a really nice color match and good coverage, and I thought it would be my HG, but it broke me out immediately. 

A couple products I've tried from them have been ok, but still not stand-outs.  Obviously, YMMV, but my own experiences have been less than stellar - I definitely am skeptical of their products now and wouldn't buy anything without sampling first.

Jane--Sorry you have had such bad luck with them. I do have some Posietint (deluxe sample size from a kit), but I wanted it for my cheeks and so I don't think I ever tried it on my lips.  I haven't tried the mascaras, but I don't like any mascaras besides Blinc anyway.  Never tried the eyeliner or foundations either.  However, I must sadly report that I am on the fence about sending the Hervana back.  I had swatched it in the store many, many times.  And it always looked like something I would like.  I also tried to get a sample, but couldn't find one, which is no surprise given how Hervana is swirled and all.  Sadly, I didn't think the color translated well to my cheeks.  It was powdery.  It was far too light, even on me, so that I had to use about 3 times what I normally use with blush to get it to barely show it.  I also think it faded fast.  My husband liked it, however, as he thought it gave me a 'natural look.'  So, I am going to try it out for about a full week before I decide anything.  Still, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.  Guess I'll stick with the highlighters, primers, brighteners, etc. that I have already tried.  Maybe Benefit isn't for me either.