Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Stan

May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post

@Pengutango Thanks. Was it just random for the active member selection? I've been subbed since last summer.

I'm not sure, but it could be since some people who got it for being "active" said that they don't do anything. I know I do blog about ipsy on my blog and I do comment and such on the site and FB page, but I've never made looks though. When someone asked about why only some people got the shadow on their FB page, they said this:

This month, there were 3 ways to win the Moondust eyeshadow from Urban Decay: referring 2 friends to the Glam Bag, being active on ipsy.com or on your own blog or YouTube channel (make sure we have your info by updating your profile on ipsy.com!), or responding to our giveaway post on Facebook where winners were selected at random.

Doesn't really get more specific than that, though I do wonder if any those people who got the UD BB Cream sample last time got the UD shadow this time around...

Originally Posted by puffyeyes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cari12 View Post

Finally got around to taking pics of my bags!

Overall I'm super pleased with what I got so far! 

Looks like a great haul!!  What a deal...Isn't the UD $20 by itself?

Yep! I didn't even think about it that way until you brought that up! 

I "joined" the event....not sure what it is, but I think that's the only way to stay updated about it.  Hopefully my friends don't think I'm nuts, lol.

me too make sure to convert the time to your location its 11am PTD buut in texas its 9am a lot of people missed it because they didnt know how to convert the time but i was able to buy the coastal scents palette :) Im a beginner with makeup so it was great

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Hicks View Post

Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again--bag variations are dangerous, they lead to bag envy, and the more variations Ipsy does in the future the worse the bags are going to get overall.  I don't think I'll stay with them if they keep pushing the bag variation thing.  I just don't like getting my bag and feeling like the redheaded step child.  So while I may understand their desire to be able to accept more members by doing bag variations, I'd rather they just go back to waitlisting people.  I was waitlisted myself.  It kind of sucked, but it didn't kill me.  So I guess in a way I am hoping people do complain and cancel to force Ipsy to at least keep the variations to a minimum.  I guess we'll see what happens over the next few months.

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos

I agree hands down, while it feels great when you get what you dreamt of (I am completely digging both bags this month, sooooo very very much), when I get what I don't like the little 3-year old in me kinda goes WHANNNNN when I see another girl get what I really, really wanted.  I mean I wrote about how this is a $10 bag and dollar-wise its a great deal and all...  but seeing other people who also paid $10 get what I want turns me into a toddler for just a few minutes during other months.

I think variation are a great fun, but the highs and lows are much much greater.

I think you summed it up perfectly.  

I am happy now that I decided not to buy a second bag.  Yes, it would have had the rollerball (one of my coveted items), but knowing my luck it would have been Gardenia, and from the description, I wouldn't like it.  The rest of the items would have been "meh" (already got a lipstick, maybe I would have gotten a Zoya I liked, didn't want the brow gel, and probably the concealer would have been crazy wrong)

And my inner 3-year-old is still kicking and screaming that I didn't get the luminizing body butter AND it was out of stock on the Pacifica website when I went to order it.  In my heart, I know that I probably wouldn't wear it that often, but it's pretty and sparkly and I WANTED IT.  bawling.gif

Are all the core bags going to include gie gie? I already got that one in my first bag that ended up being a core bag on my established account? Our will they randomize the colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormosaHoney View Post

I agree hands down, while it feels great when you get what you dreamt of (I am completely digging both bags this month, sooooo very very much), when I get what I don't like the little 3-year old in me kinda goes WHANNNNN when I see another girl get what I really, really wanted.  I mean I wrote about how this is a $10 bag and dollar-wise its a great deal and all...  but seeing other people who also paid $10 get what I want turns me into a toddler for just a few minutes during other months.

I think variation are a great fun, but the highs and lows are much much greater.

I could see Ipsy using the Julep model.  Sure you have a pre-selected profile, but you can opt for a different one if that bag's options don't suite you...and if you wanted something from another style profile you can purchase the add on.

Jane Park is one smart egg!

I absolutely agree.

Quote:

I agree 3 subs was a bit much and looking back I know I should have stuck with two. But between my first 2 bags I get to try just about everything. And I do plan to keep two subs for awhile as long as they continue having great variations! I wouldn't go straight to labeling those with multiple subs as greedy but I understand what you are getting at.

Thanks Cari! As someone with WAY too many subs--I found the 'greedy' comment very insulting.  I'm not so much greedy as I am poor.  My husband and I lost both our vehicles in Hurricane Sandy.  Then, 4 days after he replaced 1 of those vehicles with a lease, he lost his job.

Don't feel insulted! As I said before that I knew the term was going to come across as being harsh but that's just my personal opinion especially at those who bought multiple subscriptions to pick what they want out of it then turn around and sell the rest.

I've even said I'm greedy myself because between my daughters and myself we have four subscriptions that I pay for and if they have something I want I trade them for it. ;) Part of the reason I got them subscriptions was because partially because I wanted them to stay out of my stuff but also partially because if I didn't get something in my box the chance they would get something I want in their box was there. LOL Except now that they all wear makeup getting them to part with things is much more difficult because they now know better! LOL

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

And my inner 3-year-old is still kicking and screaming that I didn't get the luminizing body butter AND it was out of stock on the Pacifica website when I went to order it.  In my heart, I know that I probably wouldn't wear it that often, but it's pretty and sparkly and I WANTED IT.  bawling.gif

LOL Did you see it was also B1G1 FREE on the travel size ones? LOL Of course it was sold out by Saturday when all those great deals was happening - the free lip tint + the 20% off + the 10% off + free shipping. I was like, "really?! But I want it NOW!"

Originally Posted by erikalandaverde View Post

Quote:

I "joined" the event....not sure what it is, but I think that's the only way to stay updated about it.  Hopefully my friends don't think I'm nuts, lol.

me too make sure to convert the time to your location its 11am PTD buut in texas its 9am a lot of people missed it because they didnt know how to convert the time but i was able to buy the coastal scents palette :) Im a beginner with makeup so it was great

You mean 1pm in Texas ;-) Pacific is 2 hours behind Central. 

Originally Posted by erikalandaverde View Post

What event is going on?

I am happy now that I decided not to buy a second bag.  Yes, it would have had the rollerball (one of my coveted items), but knowing my luck it would have been Gardenia, and from the description, I wouldn't like it.  The rest of the items would have been "meh" (already got a lipstick, maybe I would have gotten a Zoya I liked, didn't want the brow gel, and probably the concealer would have been crazy wrong)

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bath-body/body-moisturisers/coconut-shimmer-body-lotion.aspx

This is an alternative if you have a Body Shop near you. I have it and it smells delicious and the shimmer isn't too outstanding. I'm in Canada and I think it only cost me 5 dollars but it was on sale at the time, but they normally have buy 2 get 1 free etc.

How is it 9am in texas? To my knowledge if its 11am pacific, its 12 noon mountain (me) 1pm central, and 2pm eastern. I may be wrong but I also believe Hawaii would be 7 am.

Originally Posted by pengutango View Post

I'm not sure, but it could be since some people who got it for being "active" said that they don't do anything. I know I do blog about ipsy on my blog and I do comment and such on the site and FB page, but I've never made looks though. When someone asked about why only some people got the shadow on their FB page, they said this:

This month, there were 3 ways to win the Moondust eyeshadow from Urban Decay: referring 2 friends to the Glam Bag, being active on ipsy.com or on your own blog or YouTube channel (make sure we have your info by updating your profile on ipsy.com!), or responding to our giveaway post on Facebook where winners were selected at random.

Doesn't really get more specific than that, though I do wonder if any those people who got the UD BB Cream sample last time got the UD shadow this time around...

Wow, I got a UD shadow in Intergalactic (metallic space purple), first time.  I didn't do any of the above.  I do 'forum' on this MUT quite a bit in a good natured way and that probably satisfied the good advocate in the 'social media' category.

The shame of it is that I can't wear eye-shadows, have tried every single one from the subs, GWP and even got a few... but it'll all irritates my eyes within 30 min.    I might go to Sephora to try one of theirs and see if maybe this one will be alright, or else up it goes for trade, gift or care package to our military gals in AFG, which this one will be perfect because it doesn't require an applicator and I don't think there are CVS's on a AFG base.

To anyone who has gotten total dupe bags or is just plain unhappy: don't be afraid to throw it up on the trade forum! I think this is going to be a good month to try and find trades because of so many people ordering multiple Ipsy bags.

I just traded my Zoya polish rather quickly for a different color and also traded my whole birchbox to someone who didn't want their whole Ipsy bag (I'm fiending to stock up on these Zoya Lovely polishes hehehe). One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Quote:

LOL Did you see it was also B1G1 FREE on the travel size ones? LOL Of course it was sold out by Saturday when all those great deals was happening - the free lip tint + the 20% off + the 10% off + free shipping. I was like, "really?! But I want it NOW!"

Yes!  I almost ordered two of the Bronzing Crushed Pearl ones just because it was B1G1, then realized I was just being ridiculous.  I'm really happy with what I ended up with (Island Vanilla body butter, Seafoam face wash, lots of samples, free Fig Lip Quench), I got a great deal, and I need to quit whining!  That being said, the next time they have a good sale, the luminizer will be MINE!!!

Originally Posted by bowskt View Post

Quote:

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bath-body/body-moisturisers/coconut-shimmer-body-lotion.aspx

This is an alternative if you have a Body Shop near you. I have it and it smells delicious and the shimmer isn't too outstanding. I'm in Canada and I think it only cost me 5 dollars but it was on sale at the time, but they normally have buy 2 get 1 free etc.

I will definitely check that out!  Sadly, I live in a VERY rural area, no Body Shop for me!  That's why I love my subs (and online sales!) so much!

Originally Posted by Juicesnberriez View Post

What event is going on?

Ipsy made a special FB event and said the details will come later.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

To anyone who has gotten total dupe bags or is just plain unhappy: don't be afraid to throw it up on the trade forum! I think this is going to be a good month to try and find trades because of so many people ordering multiple Ipsy bags.

I just traded my Zoya polish rather quickly for a different color and also traded my whole birchbox to someone who didn't want their whole Ipsy bag (I'm fiending to stock up on these Zoya Lovely polishes hehehe). One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Definitely. I'm chomping at the bit to get my trade thread started over there, but I don't want to list anything until I know for sure what I get in bag #3. 

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez View Post

How is it 9am in texas? To my knowledge if its 11am pacific, its 12 noon mountain (me) 1pm central, and 2pm eastern. I may be wrong but I also believe Hawaii would be 7 am.

i used some converter on google perhaps it was wrong -____-

I finally got my bag. I like the actual bag, and I'm excited to try the Zoya polish (even though I got the creamy white color). The rest of it I'm not terribly fond of.
- concealer

- Juice Beauty lip gloss (too much shimmer for me)

- Mirabella lipstick in a coral color that looks awful on me

- Pacifica bronzing body butter

I feel like such a Debbie Downer! I'm very, very pale, so those last two items do not work at all for me. I'm going to give them to a very tan friend, since I know they'll look much better on her!

Definitely. I'm chomping at the bit to get my trade thread started over there, but I don't want to list anything until I know for sure what I get in bag #3. 

I know right, I was itching to list my Zoya polish, but I wanted to make sure my predictions were correct about which color it was. The quicker I get it traded the less likely I am to try it out on myself out of boredom bahahah.

Again, I'm sure this has been discussed so I'm so sorry for asking, but I saw Zadidoll's post on Ipsy's FB that confirmed that everyone who ordered after may 1 will be getting the same bag. (which is great because it's a freakin' awesome core bag!)

But do you guys know if there will still be nail polish variations? I recall people saying the Gei Gei will probably go out in a lot of the late bags. (I hope that is not the case) I really want the mint or cream color.

Also, is it just me or does no one seem to be getting the mint green polish? I haven't seen anyone with it.

Still no bag for me. USPS hasn't updated tracking info, so no ETA just yet either.

Trying to not be too impatient!

I already have one of the potential Zoya colors, so I thought I'd do a quick mani and share a (admittedly pretty blurry) photo!

Zoya Jacqueline (2 coats) and Zoya Jules (1 coat over Jacqueline as a base)

Sigh...add me to the list of those that doesn't like variations.  I always seem to end up with either the crappiest bag, or in this case, not one item that will work for me.  I did fill out the quiz and I was expecting a tad bit of personalization this month, but nope.  I got the complete wrong shade of concealer (like so many others) - the Zoya in the cream color, which is absolutely horrible for me and my skin tone - a bright red lip liner, and I don't use lip products and my profile indicated that - a gloss that I *might* have tried had it not been an orangish color that will not work for me at all - and the Nume hair oil, I despise Nume.  So, not one product that I can use and 2 lip products when I indicated that I don't use them.  I would have loved a perfume, the powder, the brow gel, etc.  I suck at the variation lottery.  I will put everything up for trade, but I am still disappointed.  Oh well.  There is always next month. 

Originally Posted by angelicawheeler View Post

Again, I'm sure this has been discussed so I'm so sorry for asking, but I saw Zadidoll's post on Ipsy's FB that confirmed that everyone who ordered after may 1 will be getting the same bag. (which is great because it's a freakin' awesome core bag!)

But do you guys know if there will still be nail polish variations? I recall people saying the Gei Gei will probably go out in a lot of the late bags. (I hope that is not the case) I really want the mint or cream color.

Also, is it just me or does no one seem to be getting the mint green polish? I haven't seen anyone with it.

I got the mint, but it wasn't a core bag. 

But I think someone else said that the polish colours and lipstick colours are random? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

Definitely planning on trading some stuff, though wanna wait 'til I get my bags to be sure that I wanna trade. :)

Thanks Cari! As someone with WAY too many subs--I found the 'greedy' comment very insulting.  I'm not so much greedy as I am poor.  My husband and I lost both our vehicles in Hurricane Sandy.  Then, 4 days after he replaced 1 of those vehicles with a lease, he lost his job.  We were in Atlantic City and they are hurting bad.  They were already struggling and the storm just killed business there in the casinos.  Now, my husband has a temp job offer in Florida.  He is going to go by himself for the time being.  I've had nightmares related to the hurricane and going to Florida, which is surrounded by the ocean, so I don't know if I could ever make the move there.  Too many bad memories associated with coastal living for me.  Anyway, I try not to spend too much money as we don't have much, but getting things like Ipsy gives me something to look forward to each month.  And yes, this month, when I saw the variations, I wanted to try lots of things.  If Ipsy had stuck with giving everyone the same thing, I would have stuck with one bag--makes sense.  So I got more bags in the hopes I'd get to try as much variety as I could.  Looks like I'm going to get 3 rollerballs, for instance.  Hopefully I will get at least 1 of each of the 2 scents.  If not, surely someone will trade scents with me.  For the last rollerball, I might try to trade for the Mirabella gloss, if anyone is willing, or another item.  The costs of shipping are bound to be less than ordering the product direct from the manufacturer, where you pay for the product plus shipping from them.  I flat out can't afford to order everything I want, even with Ipsy discounts.  Greedy is a relative term.  And when you are poor, you are much less likely to look at someone as greedy when they are just trying to make the most of their money.

I couldn't agree more with what you said! I splurged and bought a second bag this month. I don't think it's greedy, we paid the same amount as everyone else, and we didn't cheat anyone out of a bag. I'm a little disappointed about what I got, but I'm not angry at Ipsy or anything. My only gripe is that I don't feel like they followed the quiz very well for people who bought the bag before the 1st. (BTW, I hope your luck gets better and you get back on your feet! icon_cheesygrin.gif)