Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Stan

May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

That's the "danger" of attempting to do sneak peeks and have the scoop first - getting the wrong info. Been there, done that. LOL  The next sneak peek is probably up on the site now - actually all five sneak peeks are probably up on the site right now - but the files won't be accessible until someone figures out how the site uploads now.

yup agreed. i dont think ipsy would do headbands either. have they done something like that before? this is only my 2nd bag. 

400 Found this picture on pinterest. Seems to be the different colors they are gonna send out. I'm so excited! They are all so gorgeous!

I'm pretty sure the head bands are a DIY done by another blog in 2009, because the picture google imaged back to the blog, so someone probably got walmart head bands and flowers and hot glued them or something. http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/06/flower-headband-tutorial.html
kk, now that I know you can buy those same headbands at Walmart and The Dollar Tree has cute flowers for a buck-- I WANT TO MAKE ONE OR TWO! :) I'm not that crafty anymore because I have rheumatoid arthritis, but I can hot glue a flower to a circle. LOL!!! icon_lol.gif
I'm pretty sure the head bands are a DIY done by another blog in 2009, because the picture google imaged back to the blog, so someone probably got walmart head bands and flowers and hot glued them or something. It is NOT an ipsy picture though. http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/06/flower-headband-tutorial.html
Well it won't be in my Glam Bag... but now I can MAKE MY OWN!!!bud.gif
I did make some a few weeks ago. 400

Originally Posted by mindcaviar View Post

From what I have read on FaceBook and on the ipsy site, both in threads and on the FAQs is that they are actually using some sort of program that uses an algorithm based on what you have "liked" as far as looks and products on ipsy, and well as the coloring you choose to add to your profile. That being understood, it does not take into account cool or warm tones, but likely intensity of tones. 

All theBalm colors are lovely and I would try any of the glosses or the lip sticks. From what I have read on reviews about the glosses is that they are not super-tingly/burning like many of the plumping glosses. Not sure about the lip color formulation other than what people have written in this thread. smile.gif

If this is true, then I'm getting the lipstick - which would make me happy!  (most of the looks I've "loved" on Ipsy have been the '40s/'50s "bombshell" type looks with the ladies wearing lipstick instead of gloss).  And so far, the choices they've sent me (the bright red Nailtini polish, Love at First Byte polish/Sweet Cheeks blush, They're Real Mascara) seem to reflect the vintage-y style.

Then again, who knows?  tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 View Post

sneak peek number 2 is up. any ideas ladies?

It could be a duo thing with lip gloss on one side and lipstick on the other. Though that would be an odd color combination. If it is an either/or I hope I get the coral color.

Originally Posted by MissJessicaMary View Post

Seems like they are saying it is not The Balm for the lip products. I don't know my lipsticks well enough to know what comes in a silver case like that.

It's not??! I'm a little disappointed now. But I hope it's something good!

Originally Posted by saku View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJessicaMary View Post

Seems like they are saying it is not The Balm for the lip products. I don't know my lipsticks well enough to know what comes in a silver case like that.

It's not??! I'm a little disappointed now. But I hope it's something good!

Yep, they specifically said on the comments of the sneak peek..."It's not theBalm, keep guessing!"

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttanner2005 View Post

I did make some a few weeks ago.

Those are so cute!!!

Thank you.

Originally Posted by JLR594 View Post

I really hate the way lip gloss feels on my lips so I'm really hoping for the lipstick instead.  Although I kind of wish those colors were reversed and the lipstick was the gloss color.  I'll probably end up with the gloss though.  But if it feels sticky/thick or looks too shiny, I won't be using it. 

I think the balm lip glosses are less sticky than most, but I would be lying if I didn't say it was a little sticky. If that is indeed the brand pictured.

Originally Posted by puppyluv View Post

Ohhh wow this bag is awesome with the Zoya alone, but we're getting 4 other things too! I've been wanting to try their polish for awhile. IPSY always seems to read my mind.

Me too. I keep contemplating trying out Zoya, but haven't yet.

They just added a photo of purple tulips to the spoiler album and officially posted it(?). wonder what that means lol

I love how people on Facebook are demanding that Ipsy send them one product or the other, as if Ipsy can go through and match each person's FB up with their account. I am pretty sure they do not quite understand how Ipsy works or how rude they are coming across.

Hrm....so it's not TheBalm. OK sleuths....time to get serious with some searching....get your sleuthing hats and makeup on yessir.gif

On a secondary note...I'd seriously take any one of those Zoya colors, thanks for the pic Chelsbot92! They are gorgeous!

Originally Posted by SweetTea View Post

They just added a photo of purple tulips to the spoiler album and officially posted it(?). wonder what that means lol

A flowery bag maybe?

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

A flowery bag maybe?

i thought the makeup bag was a lip bag? or am i misremembering a fan photo? hahahah

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

A flowery bag maybe?

I wan't a flowery bag something reminescent of a Cath Kidston print.700

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghmom1292 View Post

sneak peek number 2 is up. any ideas ladies?

oh man, I know I'm gonna get the lipstick just for the simple fact that I don't wear lipstick at all and that's just my luck. I guess I can hope that at least one of my bags will get a gloss lol.

There appears to be a silver band around the top of the lipgloss tube similar to the Tarte picture posted earlier.  Maybe it is Tarte.