Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Stan

May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

For those of us whose bag was lost in transit and was wondering if we would get the items that was shown in our glam room, I email Ipsy and asked and this was the response: Thank you for following up with me on your Glam Bag's status! I am so sorry you did not receive your Glam Bag. We will send a replacement out to you right away. Also, please note that we might not be able to ship you the exact items that were in our original Glam Bag. If we are unable to provide you with the same item, we will send you a comparable substitute product So I guess we will be surprised! My new bag was shipped Friday but tracking hasn't updated yet.
Thanks for this. But I wish I was getting my original bag!:(

Originally Posted by bellatrix42 View Post

I'm fairly certain the Macademia GWP was yesterday only.

Originally Posted by MUfiend View Post

Sorry Heather. frown.gif It was their daily beauty steal yesterday only. It looks like they have a special for a free masque on a $40 macadamia oil purchase until 6/1 though.

Yeah, that's one reason I don't order much from Ulta. They time their offers, not all of them, but some. I absolutely HATE it when they send out emails where it is good for 4 hours only. I have less of a life than most people, but even I don't have all my time available to devote to checking every hour just to make sure Ulta hasn't sent out an email, lol! If it is something I would take advantage of, you just know I'm going to miss it. Same as with this one. Oh well. Thanks anyway guys!

Originally Posted by Krendall View Post

Thanks for this. But I wish I was getting my original bag!frown.gif

Krendall. I don't blame you! I would pitch a (calm) fit, if such a thing is possible. Keep communicating with them about how you did not get what you paid for (which is true) and how others got their customization but you did not. If it comes down to it, you could also threaten to drop your subscription. But be sure to propose a solution. I can understand they might not have the things they originally sent you still in stock. However, that doesn't mean they can't do *something special* to make up for the fact you are not getting your original bag. They could throw in an extra or a gift certificate or something. Maybe even something they still have on hand from a month or two back. You clearly are disappointed, and you have every right to be. It certainly isn't your fault your bag didn't make it to your address. It kind of isn't Ipsy's fault, but then again, it kind of is. I'm not a statistical expert, but it seems to me that far too many customers have complained that their bags went missing this month. Ipsy should be outraged at the shipper. Nonetheless, it is a shipper they chose. The customer should not suffer and if Ipsy feels wronged, they need to seek an answer from DHL rather than punishing innocent customers. Ok, time to climb off the ole soap box now.  But honestly, if Ipsy can't fathom why a customer would be upset--this month especially, the first month you were supposed to get a custom bag--then it only spells trouble for their business down the line anyway. I'm sure you aren't the only customer with a missing bag who is thinking and feeling the way you are. So in a weird way, by standing up to them on an issue where you have a legitimate complaint, you are doing them a favor. It just may take some doing to make them understand that. Keep trying and best of luck!

Hmm...It just occurred to me that the timing of releasing their first really "customized bag" based on your profile just before their Gen Beauty Event was really a bad idea! They should have anticipated problems and questions after May's bag, which had more variety than any previous MyGlam/Ipsy bag, as I understand it. Then again, did they purposely plan the event to give people time to cool off and forget to ask questions??? I wonder. Personally, I still think it was a bad idea. To me, there is a sense that Ipsy is at a stand still and out of communication with everyone until the event is over. And with May bags still out there, that is not good.

So I have my bag finally- there's good and bad, the good is a mirabella lipstick in posey (really nice color on me!!), juice beauty gloss in fig- I was wary of the color at first, but it actually looks pretty good on me (strange that I got 2 lip products instead of 1 lip and 1 fragrance), the zoya in gie gie- at first I was a little sad I didnt get the purple or blue one, but its growing on me, it is a very pretty shade of pink and the shimmer in it is nice.  Bad news- no pacifica rollerball, my concealer is buff!! (and I'm like white as paper..) and I got the pacifica bronzer cream!! noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :(  damn!  I don't use bronzers (or tanning stuff)- even I wanted too, I'm so fair- it all looks like dirt rubbed on me, so there's really no point. 

I went back through my quiz, the no self tanner products is def not checked, but in the makeup section- they have it set up as "blush & bronzers"- and I love blushes (my drawer filled with 5347538753895832 different ones can attest to that ha!laughno.gif ) but no to bronzers!  Well this kinda of sucks, if you want to get blush- you have to check that and run the risk of them sending a bronzer instead....  I think I will email them to suggest they separate those 2, because I'm sure there has to be other pasties wink.gif like me in the same boat, where blush looks great on us, but not bronzers.  Blah... and I really really wanted the pacifica shimmer/highlighting lotion too. I don't even know if there'd be anyone who'd even be willing to part with their for a trade....

I'm not saying this was a bad bag- it was pretty good all in all, I just wish they would work on that whole "personalization" thing more, if they going to keep relying on that.  Matching concealers should have been a no brainer- if you picked fair in your quiz, they send you the lightest one yaby offers. If you're dark skinned, they don't send you the lightest shade.  Not rocket science, ya know? icon_lol.gif  I also hope they dont keep adding more and more "variations" to the bags, I don't want ipsy to go the route of birchbox- I'm getting sick and tired of seeing cool stuff in their sneak peak videos and then getting absolutely nothing like it in my box (& also getting nothing at all that matches my profile...).  I really liked the less variation with ipsy.

Originally Posted by Krendall View Post

Thanks for this. But I wish I was getting my original bag!frown.gif

Me too but the I don't hate the "crowd pleaser" bag either. I was originally slotted to get:

concealer,

polish (don't know the color but now I think it's gonna be pink. kind of wanted the purple but whatever),

Juice Beauty Gloss (wanted the lipstick so this might be a good switch...I wouldn't have hated the gloss, I just have tons of them but none of them are Juice Beauty),

Macadamia Oil OR Nume finishing serum (I have soooo many hair products so don't mind NOT getting either of these but also haven't tried either brand)

Pacifica Luminizing body butter (WAHHHHbawling.gif.....I really wanted this one!)

but o well, I will just be happy for a bag at this point.

Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

So I have my bag finally- there's good and bad, the good is a mirabella lipstick in posey (really nice color on me!!), juice beauty gloss in fig- I was wary of the color at first, but it actually looks pretty good on me (strange that I got 2 lip products instead of 1 lip and 1 fragrance), the zoya in gie gie- at first I was a little sad I didnt get the purple or blue one, but its growing on me, it is a very pretty shade of pink and the shimmer in it is nice.  Bad news- no pacifica rollerball, my concealer is buff!! (and I'm like white as paper..) and I got the pacifica bronzer cream!! noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :(  damn!  I don't use bronzers (or tanning stuff)- even I wanted too, I'm so fair- it all looks like dirt rubbed on me, so there's really no point. 

I went back through my quiz, the no self tanner products is def not checked, but in the makeup section- they have it set up as "blush & bronzers"- and I love blushes (my drawer filled with 5347538753895832 different ones can attest to that ha!laughno.gif ) but no to bronzers!  Well this kinda of sucks, if you want to get blush- you have to check that and run the risk of them sending a bronzer instead....  I think I will email them to suggest they separate those 2, because I'm sure there has to be other pasties wink.gif like me in the same boat, where blush looks great on us, but not bronzers.  Blah... and I really really wanted the pacifica shimmer/highlighting lotion too. I don't even know if there'd be anyone who'd even be willing to part with their for a trade....

I'm not saying this was a bad bag- it was pretty good all in all, I just wish they would work on that whole "personalization" thing more, if they going to keep relying on that.  Matching concealers should have been a no brainer- if you picked fair in your quiz, they send you the lightest one yaby offers. If you're dark skinned, they don't send you the lightest shade.  Not rocket science, ya know? icon_lol.gif  I also hope they dont keep adding more and more "variations" to the bags, I don't want ipsy to go the route of birchbox- I'm getting sick and tired of seeing cool stuff in their sneak peak videos and then getting absolutely nothing like it in my box (& also getting nothing at all that matches my profile...).  I really liked the less variation with ipsy.

That they connected blushers to bronzers is exactly the reason I left that option unchecked. I just know they would send me bronzers. I quite enjoy my pallor, thank you! As I like to say, I don't tan, I blanch. rolleyes.gif

I imagine they use some sort of computer program to match items to people's quiz answers since there is no way they could ever do it individually. My theory is that someone mis-programmed the concealer colors to match up with the wrong skin tones. Since this was the first time they have attempted this type of product matching I am hoping they will improve on whatever method they use.

I am the same, when it comes to blushes/bronzers! I can wear most any shade of blush, until it reaches bronze/brown then I look awful. I'm white with pink undertones, not a hint of brown in me, and I'm unable to tan...browns are really the only color I can't wear (I don't even wear them on my eyes much, though I am learning to :) )

The good news is, I now have so many blushes that I am okay with unchecking that box altogether, because as much as I love blush, I currently have more than I'll ever be able to use, as is.

Holy cow, I am officially a Zoya believer.  I painted my nails on Thursday quickly with 2 coats - no base or top coat because I'm short on time.  My son is in the ICU at the Children's Hospital, so I am washing my hands all the time.  Seriously, my hands have never been so cracked and dry.  But amazingly, this nail polish has held up in a freakish way.  I have my first chip today.  That's insane.

Originally Posted by MrsMeow View Post

Holy cow, I am officially a Zoya believer.  I painted my nails on Thursday quickly with 2 coats - no base or top coat because I'm short on time.  My son is in the ICU at the Children's Hospital, so I am washing my hands all the time.  Seriously, my hands have never been so cracked and dry.  But amazingly, this nail polish has held up in a freakish way.  I have my first chip today.  That's insane.

It's awesome until you try to get it off!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry to hear about your son. Sending you good juju in the hopes that he achieves full recovery. 

So sorry to hear about your son, I'll keep the both of you in my thoughts today! Which polish did you end up getting? I have Blu and I agree, it lasts FOREVER!.

Oh no!  So sorry to hear about your son, I hope he recovers quickly hug.gif  And seriously, the soap they use in ICU's is seriously harsh on skin!  That's amazing that your polish is lasting so long!

Zoya does not last on me, unfortunately (I can never go 24 hours without a chip, no matter what kind of polish).  I do have the Incoco strips on from a previous Birchbox (saved them for a wedding this weekend!) and they have been going strong since Saturday!  Just a few chips and some minimal tip wear, which is way better than anything I've ever tried before!

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Quote:

Oh no!  So sorry to hear about your son, I hope he recovers quickly hug.gif  And seriously, the soap they use in ICU's is seriously harsh on skin!  That's amazing that your polish is lasting so long!

Zoya does not last on me, unfortunately (I can never go 24 hours without a chip, no matter what kind of polish).  I do have the Incoco strips on from a previous Birchbox (saved them for a wedding this weekend!) and they have been going strong since Saturday!  Just a few chips and some minimal tip wear, which is way better than anything I've ever tried before!

The Incoco strips are fabulous.  I always get at least a week out of them.  The only reason I remove them is because I can't stand the nail growth.  I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, OCD (whenever I wash my hands, I have to wash them 3 times and use hand sanitizer twice), and I play guitar (which isn't a nail polish-friendly instrument).  I am convinced that Incoco nail strips are made of a vampire blood base coat, nail polish consisting of mainly unicorn tears, and a top coat of Sookie's faerie lightning jazz hands.  (Can you tell I miss True Blood?) 

MrsMeow - I'm so sorry a bout your son.  I hope he gets better soon.  hug.gif

thanks Miss Trix & yousoldtheworld! I knew I wasn't alone! biggrin.gif

and MrsMeow, good thoughts for you & your son- here's to a speedy recovery!

Sorry to hear about your son hope he feels better soon.

Originally Posted by wildsp187 View Post

This actually seems to have been a common occurrence with that option.. I hope you get it worked out.

Originally Posted by OnlyAverageMom View Post

This happened to me and when I posted about it on Facebook, I was told to email ipsycare. I got a response that was basically "whoops" and rather than adjusting my glam room, they told me they would ship me the product I should of had (one of the three other Mirabella items). My package came today and...(drumroll)...I received another Mirabella lipstick! There was a nice note saying that they were unable to ship the product to me area (the powder, and wtf? My area? I live in coastal Delaware. No restrictions here!) and to enjoy the enclosed item instead. I literally laughed out loud when I opened the bag.

Hope you luck out better than I did!

shortly after my post, ipsy emailed me asking me to confirm what i had received in my bag and then a follow up email saying that they sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would be sending me a replacement perfecting powder.  i guess we'll see!  @onlyaveragemom, i'm sorry they still screwed up your item!  their explanation seems a little, um, odd.

shortly after my post, ipsy emailed me asking me to confirm what i had received in my bag and then a follow up email saying that they sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would be sending me a replacement perfecting powder.  i guess we'll see!  @onlyaveragemom, i'm sorry they still screwed up your item!  their explanation seems a little, um, odd.
I'm glad you got yours sorted out ! I emailed them on may 16. Got an auto reply on the 17th that they had not forgotten about me. I was patient and waited three more business days before shooting them another email. I still haven't heard anything at all, so I sent them one more email this morning. I know they're probably swamped, and I'm Trying to be patient and understanding. I hate rude customers, but I feel like over 10 days for a customer service response is ridiculous. :(

Finally got bag 3 today...not excited because I got the default bag even though THEY made the error and didn't charge me until I emailed them and asked them whats up, but heres what I got. Yaby-buff. 3rd one. Zoya- gie gie. 2nd one Brow gel- 2nd one. Rollerball- Island Vanilla. Thank God, I didn't care for the gardenia one I got in my last bag. Mirabella- pixie. No. even if I wore lipstick, no.

I got my replacement bag today...the one that was for my ongoing account that never showed, so I got the 'must be a scratched bar code' line and a replacement. I was sure it was going to be the crowd pleaser....and it technically wasn't. It had:

St Tropez - What I really wanted from my original bag (glam room showed the bronzing lotions, so I was excited for that. After I found out I had to get a replacement bag, I went ahead and purchased the Pacifica Sun Kissed glow, just in case I ended up with a crowd pleaser. So luck was on my side and I got the St Tropez.)

Zoya Pink - I was hoping for a purple since I got the pink in my crowd pleaser, but maybe I can trade or make someones day with a gift.

Vanilla Rollerball - Love the one I received in my crowd pleaser, but maybe will try to trade for a Gardenia, or save it for a backup.

Concealer in Honey - I got Buff in my crowd pleaser which was *almost* a match, honey is too dark.

Lipstick in Bellarina - A sparkly nude shade, will go good on * no makeup make up days* . Got Posy in my crowd pleaser and love it, so was good to get another wearable shade.

The bag is falling apart at the seams, but I'm not going to contact them over it since I now have two, and the other one is intact.

Overall, I enjoyed my two bags, but I will stick with one from now on. (I said crowd pleaser too many times in this post hahahahaha)

Has anyone else used the Mirabella Shimmerati? I got mine in a trade. I love the color and product itself. It is beyond beautiful. But the packaging is very, very unpractical. It's cute to look at and unique, but makes the actual application quite difficult, I think. I am better off using a finger to put it on or a lip brush. Anyone else have opinions about it?

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne View Post

Has anyone else used the Mirabella Shimmerati? I got mine in a trade. I love the color and product itself. It is beyond beautiful. But the packaging is very, very unpractical. It's cute to look at and unique, but makes the actual application quite difficult, I think. I am better off using a finger to put it on or a lip brush. Anyone else have opinions about it?

Sadly, I didn't get it in my bag (I think it's adorable!)  but I did see a video by Mirabella where a MUA squeezed out what she needed onto a lip brush.  I think that would be the best way to do it.  But since I don't actually have the item, I really can't say!

Got my crowd pleaser bag yesterday... Still an awesome value, but I was meh about it.  I got the gardenia rollerball, and I can't stand floral scents.  Zoya in pink, but it's the same as other pinks I have, and very sheer - not sure how many coats it will take to get opaque nails (though I knew pinks were in the crowd pleaser, so I'm not bummed about it).  And the reason I purchased a second bag, to get the lipstick, is what seriously bummed me out.  I got it in Bellarina - basically a sparkly/frosty gloss with zero color.  Looks very 90s, I hate it. I was really hoping for pixie, but I tested everything out so I probably can't trade.  Ironically, I wish I'd just had faith in ipsy's matching program - guess they were right that I'd prefer the juice beauty gloss over the lipstick, even if I didn't think so!

Originally Posted by Jane725 View Post

Got my crowd pleaser bag yesterday... Still an awesome value, but I was meh about it.  I got the gardenia rollerball, and I can't stand floral scents.  Zoya in pink, but it's the same as other pinks I have, and very sheer - not sure how many coats it will take to get opaque nails (though I knew pinks were in the crowd pleaser, so I'm not bummed about it).  And the reason I purchased a second bag, to get the lipstick, is what seriously bummed me out.  I got it in Bellarina - basically a sparkly/frosty gloss with zero color.  Looks very 90s, I hate it. I was really hoping for pixie, but I tested everything out so I probably can't trade.  Ironically, I wish I'd just had faith in ipsy's matching program - guess they were right that I'd prefer the juice beauty gloss over the lipstick, even if I didn't think so!

Some of the trade lists have items that have been swatched, so you may still be able to swap it with someone, especially one of them.. swatched product for a swatched product seems fair to me.

Originally Posted by Jane725 View Post

I would totally make a trade list (either here, on Facebook, or both) and see if anyone makes an offer. Depends on the person, but most people, from what I've noticed anyway, don't mind items that are swatched, as much as if they were actually used. I personally don't mind things swatched on a clean hand/arm, but definitely mind if they've actually been used, especially with lip products & mascaras in particular. However, I do prefer things unused whenever possible.

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Sadly, I didn't get it in my bag (I think it's adorable!)  but I did see a video by Mirabella where a MUA squeezed out what she needed onto a lip brush.  I think that would be the best way to do it.  But since I don't actually have the item, I really can't say!

Was it the video they had when they were introducing it as a new product? if so, I saw that too, and that's what made me think the brush would be a good idea. My finger worked just fine for now. haha