Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Stan

May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Originally Posted by BeautyLoverIT View Post

Well i rejoined, it looked too good to pass up. I really hope I get the lipstick, the St tropez, and idc what else. I really really want the St. Tropez the most.

If I get it, please trade me. I would rather get anything than that....

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

The mica powder was full sized!

On the topic of variations, I, like several others, would rather the bags remain basically the same, with minor differences. One "or" product isn't a big deal but I don't like that it seems to be becoming more than that...

I don't know what I prefer for this month, but I know I don't want more macadamia oil (I have more hair oils than I could use in a lifetime right now) and I don't want self tanner, ever.

According to Ipsy site the Mica powder was deluxe sized and the two shadows was full sized

Originally Posted by Amanda Stan View Post

Quote:

The mica powder was full sized!

On the topic of variations, I, like several others, would rather the bags remain basically the same, with minor differences. One "or" product isn't a big deal but I don't like that it seems to be becoming more than that...

I don't know what I prefer for this month, but I know I don't want more macadamia oil (I have more hair oils than I could use in a lifetime right now) and I don't want self tanner, ever.

According to Ipsy site the Mica powder was deluxe sized and the two shadows was full sized

I saw that the glam room had it classified as such, but if that's true, their eyeshadows are HUGE because the one we received was the same large size as every other mineral eyeshadow I've gotten (the same size as ELFs, for example).

Wasn't the Mica gel eyeliner in the February bag full sized but they called it "deluxe" size because it typically comes with a brush and it didn't in our Ipsy bags? Could the eyeshadow be the same way? 

Originally Posted by cari12 View Post

Wasn't the Mica gel eyeliner in the February bag full sized but they called it "deluxe" size because it typically comes with a brush and it didn't in our Ipsy bags? Could the eyeshadow be the same way? 

I'm thinking that's a possibility!

The mica powder was full sized! It's what I got and it is definitely the full sized product.

The mica powder wasn't full sized, but was pretty close. We got a 2g sample, while the full size is 2.5g. :)

I don't mind variations, as long as it doesn't become like Birchbox where there are some awesome boxes and some really crappy ones.

I'm fine with pretty much anything besides the oils. I am curious about what that last product is, the one no one knows what it is. Lip liner? Mascara?

• Like 1

Originally Posted by pengutango View Post

The mica powder wasn't full sized, but was pretty close. We got a 2g sample, while the full size is 2.5g. :)

I don't mind variations, as long as it doesn't become like Birchbox where there are some awesome boxes and some really crappy ones.

I'm fine with pretty much anything besides the oils. I am curious about what that last product is, the one no one knows what it is. Lip liner? Mascara?

Which is all subjective :)

Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

Maybe so, but if I ever get a bunch of foil packets from Ipsy whilst other people get deluxe samples, I'll quit in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

Even if I don't get the pacifica luminizing body butter, they've piqued my interest enough that i'll probably buy a full size anyways. so i guess mission accomplished for them as far as that idea goes with the bag variations. :P

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout View Post

Quote:

Maybe so, but if I ever get a bunch of foil packets from Ipsy whilst other people get deluxe samples, I'll quit in a heartbeat!

Yep...all foils vs all deluxe sizes could be considered 'crappy'...however I don't see them going in that direction. I'm sure they will keep the samples nicely sized all around...I haven't really seen them use foils in a loooong time. I think they learned their lesson haha

• Like 1

My assumption (which is probably wrong) is that because there are four Pacifica products out of the 8 variations, we will all get one Pacifica product, and one "other" (St. Tropez, mystery makeup item, argan oil, macadamia oil).  

Also, there will probably be only one bronzing product per bag (i.e. it's highly unlikely to get the St Tropez and the Pacifica Bronzing Butter).  

It'll be interesting to see how the bag variations play out once we all start getting them!

My assumption (which is probably wrong) is that because there are four Pacifica products out of the 8 variations, we will all get one Pacifica product, and one "other" (St. Tropez, mystery makeup item, argan oil, macadamia oil).   Also, there will probably be only one bronzing product per bag (i.e. it's highly unlikely to get the St Tropez and the Pacifica Bronzing Butter).   It'll be interesting to see how the bag variations play out once we all start getting them!
I definitely agree with you! The odds are good that each of us will (hopefully) get at least one pacifica product and then one "other" product.. I'm super excited for this bag!! :D

Ugh, I just wish they would ship them already! Haha. I'm getting two bags this month and I'm pretty much fine with anything they send me really. There are some things I would like more than others obviously, but nothing I just really don't like. I wasnt too fond of the idea of getting the st tropez tanning stuff, but the more I've read about it, the more I kind of want to try it, lol. I'm just ready to get the bags and see!

• Like 1

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout View Post

Quote:

This is how I feel exactly, and why I left BB to begin with (but I did resubscribe, solely for the points! Because the points are the only way I save up for splurges!) Value is subjective, it's true, but within reason. There were months when I got four foil packets and a luna bar, while other people got full sized cosmetics...even when you try to keep the gamble in mind, it is hard not to feel cheated! But I think Ipsy has done a pretty good job of getting us good sized samples ever since that little terrible period a while back...

I looked a little more into the variations...I would love a perfume or body butter...I don't especially want the oils, but I'd take them over the tanner! I would like any color polish but the cream or yellow, and I'd prefer the gloss, I think (I've gotten an awful lot of red, orange, and coral lipsticks over the last couple of months, and this one looks like it might be in that color family??) Then again, it's sheer, so maybe I'd like it anyway...

I'm sure I'll be happy with my bag no matter what I get, it seems like a really good bag this month.

Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

Can we just get our damn bags already ;) haha

LOL I second this!

Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

Can we just get our damn bags already ;) haha

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

LOL I second this!

I third it!!!!yay.gif

Originally Posted by MarineBride007 View Post

Do we know for sure what the brand is for the concealer?? Just curious. I've been meaning to try something from Yaby! So, I'm hoping it's that.

Speculation is that it's Yaby.

Wow! 12 pages added since I last checked this thread in the afternoon. I don't think I'm even going to pretend I can keep up anymore, lol!  Though, it is fun to go through as much as I can late, late at night, when I know new posts generally won't be added--except for crazies who stay up until 4 in the morning like me.  dance.gif

Originally Posted by amy lyn View Post

I've only been an ipsy member for two months and I've stalked this thread religiously since then, but this bag is so awesome I had to join make up talk so I could join in.  I'm so freaking excited for this bag I could just pee!  I just set up a second subscription.  If I get self-tanning anything, I'm up for a trade! My skin is alabaster and even the lightest of light tanning products make me look like an oompa loompa sheep.gif

Sounds like something I could say almost word for word--even the fact that this is only my second month.  :D

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks View Post

Wow! 12 pages added since I last checked this thread in the afternoon. I don't think I'm even going to pretend I can keep up anymore, lol!  Though, it is fun to go through as much as I can late, late at night, when I know new posts generally won't be added--except for crazies who stay up until 4 in the morning like me.  dance.gif

wave.gif Oh hai, that'd be me. Though I have to be awake because I'm a vampire worker. Love it!!

I just read a comment on the Ipsy page that someone received their April bag on the 10th last month. Wonder if they'll happen to start shipping them as soon this month. 

Originally Posted by jbrookeb View Post

wave.gif Oh hai, that'd be me. Though I have to be awake because I'm a vampire worker. Love it!!

I just read a comment on the Ipsy page that someone received their April bag on the 10th last month. Wonder if they'll happen to start shipping them as soon this month. 

Me too! biggrin.gif Third shift for the win!

I've actually gotten my last few bags really early..like the 10th/11th. And I always get my shipping notice AFTER I already got my bag, which is super weird!