Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Stan

May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

OMG I am so excited for the bags everything looks great. We retook are quizes so hoping we all get different things. Still have not got any shipping for our two April that were damaged bags. Heck I would be so excited getting two extra May bags instead.... I can dream right lol

This is an awesome bag! I am very excited for this month! Yes to everything! But what is the small round product on the right??

Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

This is an awesome bag! I am very excited for this month! Yes to everything! But what is the small round product on the right??

Yaby concealer refill :)

Originally Posted by Nightgem View Post

OMG I am so excited for the bags everything looks great. We retook are quizes so hoping we all get different things. Still have not got any shipping for our two April that were damaged bags. Heck I would be so excited getting two extra May bags instead.... I can dream right lol

I haven't gotten my replacement bag yet for April either.  Last I heard they said I should get shipping info "early May."  I am more excited for the May bag now though! (I ordered an additional 2 bags b/c this month just looks too cool!)

Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

Quote:

'speculated' that it's Yaby...we don't know for sure yet.

Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

Can we just get our damn bags already ;) haha

6.gif

Originally Posted by Emuhlyy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

So are you trying to say it's ok if you get something you hate as long as everyone else gets it too? I don't think these companies really have any control or interest in the "trade-ability" of the items they sample - if you don't like the product then they did their job in helping you discover you don't like it before risking a full size purchase.

This.  The point of subscription services is to try out new products that you may have not gotten otherwise, and to be able to sample products without purchasing the full size.  Whether you love or hate the products is not really their concern.  SOO many people subscribe to these things that they aren't going to make everyone happy and they know that.  I don't like some of the items that I've received, but now I know that and I won't ever go back to that brand or particular product thanks to -insert subscription box here- for sending me samples of the product!  I never understand all the complaints about these services.  Some people expect way too much, in my opinion.

iagree.gif

Originally Posted by erikalandaverde View Post

I would definitely be in love with that baglovelovee.gif .

Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

Quote:

Quote:

It says yaby. So one of the products is yaby.  Most likely the concealer.

Originally Posted by shabs View Post

Looks like the anastasia eyebrow gel.  It works really well.  <3 anastasia's eyebrow powder.

I love Anastasia products I have the Beauty Express eyebrow kit.

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 View Post

Quote:

Awesome :)

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 View Post

Every brands can't produce hundreds of thousands of samples of the same item, so instead of not being a part of a box because they can't make a sample or afford to send a sample/full size for each subscriber, they'll send what they can and their product will be in some boxes. I get that and don't mind variations when the variations are all about equal in retail value since I'm paying the same money as everyone else. If box variations seem  too risky for some, then I'd say that those subscription boxes wouldn't be a good fit them. Part of the fun of sub boxes for me is not 100% knowing what I'll get each month and as long as I feel I got my $10 worth then I'll be back the next month. 

Originally Posted by JamieO View Post

I think she's trying to say that not having much variation in bags is what drew a lot of us to Ipsy in the first place, and part of what makes it some people's preferred sub, and I'd have to agree. That was part of what was different between Ipsy and, say, Birchbox, so it's a little discouraging to find Ipsy doing a lot of variants in the bags now. I agree that certain subs are right for certain people, but I think the equality of the bags is a lot of what makes Ipsy the "right" sub for a lot of people, so it's frustrating to see that possibly changing. 

I guess I can see what you are saying Tinkerbell, but I'd really rather they just be honest and tell me "No, you can't subscribe at this time because we cannot obtain enough samples to send out to our customers and keep everything fair." I would rather be waitlisted, and I actually was. I paid one month in advance and didn't get my first bag for 6-8 weeks. But last month's bag, my first, was pretty much all the same with very, very little variation. As far as not knowing what is in the bag, that doesn't really have anything to do with it for me. If I wanted to be surprised, I could be surprised by not looking at the previews Ipsy posts or the spoilers on here. True, when I got my bag, I wouldn't necessarily know others got different items, but I would probably find out if I logged onto Ipsy to use a discount code. I am assuming we will have access to all discount codes from all participating companies, even if we didn't get something from them in our individual bags, right? If so, and if I hadn't known I could have gotten a certain item, but I find out this way, I could be disappointed after the fact. Also, you can't really compare Ipsy to other subs. JamieO put it well when she mentioned that Ipsy had set itself apart from the other subs by not doing variations. Then, the first preview they put out was Zoya, which is going to everyone. The fact that there will be more bag variations than Ipsy has done in the past was the last preview to come out, wasn't it? So really, Ipsy changed the game from what they did last month. That being said, the Zoya alone was enough to convince me to get extra bags, and go through the trading process if I have to do so. So I think I will be happy this month. I just don't want Ipsy to turn into Birchbox, which sends out close to 30 different boxes sometimes, and even though Ipsy might do a better job of keeping retail value equal (so they'd still be better than Birchbox), I prefer the least amount of variation they can possibly get away with. I hope I made more sense in my explanation. It is cool that some people don't mind variations, even from Ipsy, but some of us do mind it and we do not want Ipsy to change too terribly much as we like what they've been doing the past few months, that's all. biggrin.gif

They just sent me this

So is that your bag???

I soooo want the brow gel though my brows are a messssss

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

By process of elimination, I'm 99.9% sure the concealer is Yaby.  Juice Beauty doesn't sell concealers in that format, and all other brands have been identified as various other products in the bag.  And Yaby does have concealers in those little containers, as seen here:  http://www.yabycosmetics.com/concealer-refill/

May will be my first bag from Ipsy. I'm so excited about this month that I just went & made a 2nd profile! laughno.gif

Originally Posted by MoiSurtout View Post

Weren't they unequal last month? I recall people saying the mica powder was worth $15 and the eye shadow was only worth $5. I like minor variations in products from the same company, but I don't see how they'll keep the value equal if they regularly do a lot of variations.

Good point Moi. I guess I didn't catch it for a few reasons--#1--I wanted the cheaper option, but I got the more expensive option. #2--Someone traded me the $16 blush for the mica powder sample, so I ended up with both shades of the blush. And #3--Since the cheaper option was soooo cheap, even with shipping, and you got a bonus item on top of that, I just ordered the duo eyeshadow for myself. But yes, I could well imagine some people felt jipped if they wanted the mica powder but got the duo.

Yep. I'm pretty sure it was the plan all along to have variations...makes sense to me.

You'll sell more bags with the *hopes* of women getting the variation they want...rather than deciding if they want the bag based on the spoilers that tell them exactly what's going to be in it. 

Scooby--Couldn't they also achieve this purpose with color variations as opposed to actual product variations? Or do you think that would be an incorrect assumption? Just wondering. The Zoya was a big draw for me, but even so, I absolutely *hate* 2 of the 6 colors, *love* 2 of the colors, and I'm on the fence about the remaining 2 colors. So, I only have a 1 in 3 chance of getting one of the colors I am hoping for with each bag I purchased this month. There is some risk in that, though I suppose there is more risk if you don't know the product for sure. I guess it comes down to how much one likes to gamble. I'm not much of a gambler, as I suppose anyone could have guessed from reading my posts on here. laughing.gif

Welllll...on an impulse I made another account with diff answers. Put in my billing info, hit checkout and then got taken to the log in screen. logged in and it says 'subscribe now'....ummm..I did just subscribe, and my bank account was pinged twice with a $1.00 authorization, so obviously my payment info went thru. I sent them an email, but if they don't answer then i'll take that as a sign that I should only have one account :)

I'm pretty excited for this bag, not only will it be my first from ipsy, it looks great so far! I was just wondering if there was a way to edit my beauty profile? There are certain things I would rather get, even though I know no matter what I will enjoy the bag and have fun trying new stuff!

This.  The point of subscription services is to try out new products that you may have not gotten otherwise, and to be able to sample products without purchasing the full size.  Whether you love or hate the products is not really their concern.  SOO many people subscribe to these things that they aren't going to make everyone happy and they know that.  I don't like some of the items that I've received, but now I know that and I won't ever go back to that brand or particular product thanks to -insert subscription box here- for sending me samples of the product!  I never understand all the complaints about these services.  Some people expect way too much, in my opinion.

Emuhlyy (cute screen name by the way)--I have heard something like this said before and I think you are right that subscription services started out with this idea in mind. I'm sure companies want to give out samples (or full sizes) in the hopes people will use up the product and want more, or maybe if the company is not well known, people will find out about them and buy other products from them. Nevertheless, that is not the way many consumers approach the bags. Some people get the bags partly to try new things, but also to use them as a cost saver. Ipsy kind of encourages using them as a cost saver by giving out previews--like with the Zoya, which I am sure convinced many people to subscribe or resubscribe for this month, knowing they'd get an $8 product plus bonus items for only $2 more. Still, no matter what your approach, you always want to get things you either know you will like or at least know you will want to try. Even though this doesn't always happen, it stings even more when you see others get things you would like.

Anyway, I'm not really complaining about Ipsy. I still like them better than pretty much all other subscription boxes out there. In the past, they have done a great job with keeping value high, giving us lots more makeup than other boxes (which most people want over skin care, for example), and keeping the variations low. I just have an analytical mind and personality, so it is natural for me to mention both the good and the bad things I see. The variations were a change, and one I didn't like compared to past months, so yeah, I have been discussing it. Sometimes it is hard to have a personality type on the Myers-Briggs that is shared by only 1% of the population. I tend to look at things a bit differently than others. icon_redface.gif

Omg, I just can't wait for this month's bag!!! I'll be a bit disappointed if I don't get to try one of the roller scents. But even if I don't, it'll still be an awesome bag. I'm a happy subscriber this month, haha. biggrin.gif

I did this today.. checked my mailbox and all that was in it was a plastic Publix bag.  icon_eek.gif Really confused about that but whatever, lol.  I think I was the first one last month to post my bag's contents on here (got it on the 9th) so I hope I get mine super early this time too :D

Could the Publix bag be in relation to a food drive maybe??? I think they were talking about a food drive in our area which would be picked up by mail carriers.