If you could only have one mascara for the rest of your life.. what would it be?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I've tried hundreds of mascaras, but find that only a select few I actually find myself reaching for again and again until they've dried up and look like a breeding ground for conjuctivitis germies. Ew. 

I am a big fan of small, narrow plastic wands. Big, poofy round ones just don't work for me. I feel like I'm getting the product everywhere except where it's meant to go. 

Rimmel Glam Eyes is a must have for me. The wand is perfect for my taste and the packaging is really cute pink and black. Ah, its gorgeous. 

However... Mac Plush Lash does wonders for my lashes, and I don't understand why I can use a wand that big and poofy and make it work for me, but if I use any other mascara with a wand bigger than the size of a needle I come away looking like I've been in a punch-up with Kung Fu Panda. 

I'm always interested in what other people make of different mascaras and what works for them. If you have any tips for me on how to apply mascara using a bigger wand then please please please share them before I lose my patience and throw them away! 

My all time favorite mascara is Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash, but since it's so expensive I dont always have it. It is like false eyelashes in a tube. This stuff is amazing! My go to drug store mascara is probably still Covergirl Lash Blast, although I have been trying several lately.

As far as tips for applying mascara... I dont really know. Go slow? I have really long lashes and my only concern for mascara is volume! So I just rock my wand back and forth, and usually do a couple coats to get that look.

Originally Posted by SistaPlease /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My all time favorite mascara is Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash, but since it's so expensive I dont always have it. It is like false eyelashes in a tube. This stuff is amazing! My go to drug store mascara is probably still Covergirl Lash Blast, although I have been trying several lately.

As far as tips for applying mascara... I dont really know. Go slow? I have really long lashes and my only concern for mascara is volume! So I just rock my wand back and forth, and usually do a couple coats to get that look.
ohhh adding that to my last to pick up at sephora tonight. Hopefully they have it in stock! My fav is diorshow new look. Drugstore go to is loreal beauty tubes.

1. Clarins Instant Definition Mascara - Underrated, its amazing! $18

2. Benefit They're Real Mascara - Its a tie between this and Clarins - $23

3. Rimmel Scandal Eyes (orange tube, not waterproof) Large wand, dark pigment, love!! $7

4. Loreal Voluminous - carbon black (my go-to) $8

These 4 are always in rotation with my lashes lol

If I had to choose just one, it would probably be Benefit They're Real. My tube somehow got lost which I'm super upset about because I don't have another $23 to spend on mascara right now...oh well. My second go-to, L'Oreal Double Extend will have to do for now.

Almay One Coat Triple Nourishing Effect. oh my goodness I love this stuff. volume, length, no clumps. ahh its amazing. Tried it on a whim and have never looked back.

I'll join the other ladies and say Benefit's They're Real. My drugstore brand has been Maybelline's Colossal mascara.. I bought two new ones to try today though (side note: I spent $120 something at my local CVS today on mostly makeup products!! I've never spent that much at a drugstore before lol yikes)

They're Real used to be my HG..until I tried CoverGirl Lashblast. It gives the same effect and holds my curl all day (They're Real doesn't do that for me), and has a 'gentler' wand. The one in They're Real is kinda harsh on my eyelids. It's too hard and poke-y for me. Lashblast also dries a little slower -- so I can work it through my lashes better. 

They're Real used to be my HG..until I tried CoverGirl Lashblast. It gives the same effect and holds my curl all day (They're Real doesn't do that for me), and has a 'gentler' wand. The one in They're Real is kinda harsh on my eyelids. It's too hard and poke-y for me. Lashblast also dries a little slower -- so I can work it through my lashes better. 
Definitely know what you mean about it being too pokey! Ive applied it a couple times and made my eyes water lol

My favorite is Guerlain Noir G, the formula AND the brush are absolutely fantastic. It's sooo out of my budget, but I find it to be totally worth it. I know that the mascara's shelf life is 3 months after it's been opened, but since it's so expensive I usually stretch it out to at least 6.

My favorite is Guerlain Noir G, the formula AND the brush are absolutely fantastic. It's sooo out of my budget, but I find it to be totally worth it. I know that the mascara's shelf life is 3 months after it's been opened, but since it's so expensive I usually stretch it out to at least 6.
Ooo.. just finishing up a mini tube of Guerlain Maxi Lash and I'm in love, dangit! Other faves.. benefit's They're Real!, tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes, Diorshow Extase, Maybelline Falsies or Colossal, then L'Oreal Voluminous... soo many loves lol. Too hard to pick just one, and it's such a lonely number all alone. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back