Birchbox Man May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wonder what the guys will get this month? Got charged on the 15th. Looking forward to hopefully another good box this month!

I dropped my hubby's subscription months ago. Are they still sending out small samples of products and weird items?

Last month was a speaker or socks. luckily my bf got the speaker. Small samples yes. not the best stuff

i hadnt even commented about last months BBM. They had 2 pair of the socks. Which is good for me because I was laid off later that month. So time to start dressing up for interviews!

Just saw the preview, pretty excited to be honest.

Thanks a ton! I can never find their sneak peeks lol! Wow I am kind of excited about all of the stuff in a weird way I sure hope my bf is too lol. The belt would be awesome cuz he loves belts. Had no idea it was their BB Man birthday! Happy birthday BB Man! Exciting month!!

Does anyone know if BB takes larger men into account with things like belts and underwear?  All the reviews I've watched are showing slimmer guys.  I'd love to gift hubby this subscription (since the last 2 requests have not been acknowledged in the last 5 months).

Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if BB takes larger men into account with things like belts and underwear?  All the reviews I've watched are showing slimmer guys.  I'd love to gift hubby this subscription (since the last 2 requests have not been acknowledged in the last 5 months).
They do ask in the profile for the men what size clothing are you generally, so I am assuming they would take that into account if they send out something like belts or boxers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's a pretty great subscription, you win some, you lose some, but it's fun for us both to have something to look forward to.

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do ask in the profile for the men what size clothing are you generally, so I am assuming they would take that into account if they send out something like belts or boxers. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's a pretty great subscription, you win some, you lose some, but it's fun for us both to have something to look forward to.
Thanks so much!  I was on the waiting list twice and never got an invitation so I saw it as a sign, but I think I'll buy him a 3 month sub and see how he likes it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks so much!  I was on the waiting list twice and never got an invitation so I saw it as a sign, but I think I'll buy him a 3 month sub and see how he likes it
smile.gif
Give it a shot! Then I will have someone to talk with about on this forum lol! Doesn't seem to be many BB Man survivors left out there.

Hello....echo...echo..echo....!

Give it a shot! Then I will have someone to talk with about on this forum lol! Doesn't seem to be many BB Man survivors left out there.

Hii! I recently joined MUT and bought the BB Man at the beginning of the week as a gift for my bf to see if he'll like it. After seeing the preview I think I should get another item for him as a second gift (May's our anniversary)

I think it's a lot more difficult to do a men's box than women's which is why I'm hesitant on buying them; many of the items are cool, but sometimes the either or's scare me since I have been unlucky lately. I decided to give this a try and get his input before deciding to continue. He does like surprises.

Okay I just had to join and make myself known after your comment.

I have stalked the threads on here just to hear other peoples thoughts on the BB man subscription.  honestly, it's been great for me!  Yeah some of the items are gimmicky (shoe horn), but honestly a lot of the stuff that most of the women on here don't like, I LOVE!

But I'm extremely excited about this box, I wasn't excited about Aprils (which I still haven't gotten), loved March, didn't like Feb, etc. etc.  Like has been previously mentioned it's hit or miss.  But I rarely feel like I'm jipped out of my $20 a month.

Because of BB Man I went from using whatever was cheap to now seriously taking care of myself.  I didn't think anyone would notice my better grooming, but WOW, it was like I was a new person right off the bat.

I think BB Man doesn't appeal to most men just because honestly, we typically don't care about how we look. 

Okay I just had to join and make myself known after your comment. I have stalked the threads on here just to hear other peoples thoughts on the BB man subscription.  honestly, it's been great for me!  Yeah some of the items are gimmicky (shoe horn), but honestly a lot of the stuff that most of the women on here don't like, I LOVE! But I'm extremely excited about this box, I wasn't excited about Aprils (which I still haven't gotten), loved March, didn't like Feb, etc. etc.  Like has been previously mentioned it's hit or miss.  But I rarely feel like I'm jipped out of my $20 a month. Because of BB Man I went from using whatever was cheap to now seriously taking care of myself.  I didn't think anyone would notice my better grooming, but WOW, it was like I was a new person right off the bat. I think BB Man doesn't appeal to most men just because honestly, we typically don't care about how we look. 
Well hello there *waving* welcome to the forum!! I do generally like the items a you are right, most men do not care how they look. Please feel free to give your input cuz I always try to get amped up for each mknth and this month looks awesome for you guys!!

you seem so lonely in here !!!

My BF wants to get BB Man but now we're thinking that with a 3 month subscription he'll get his fill of the same hair products and more than enough shaving cream samples! I've managed to snag some men's care items whenever placing an order on Sephora or when requesting samples from companies. He feels like a $60 GC to Art of Shaving would be better than 3 months of random. Sometimes he reallllly likes the idea of his own sub and sometimes he really doesn't care. Which is fine. lol

Yea I totally signed my boyfriend up without him knowing and it just turned into something fun to look foward to. Plus it gives me reason to keep getting my subscription boxes and orders...for a while there the bf got real jealous when I was getting more packages than him haha.

Well hello there *waving* welcome to the forum!! I do generally like the items a you are right, most men do not care how they look. Please feel free to give your input cuz I always try to get amped up for each mknth and this month looks awesome for you guys!!
Why hello!  I will try to give my input when I can.  Like this month the belts seem like a good deal.  A lot better than the knit tie :/

Originally Posted by scottg86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why hello!  I will try to give my input when I can.  Like this month the belts seem like a good deal.  A lot better than the knit tie :/
 Or a pocket square!! Or a shoehorn!! I saw you were not very excited about April's box...are you getting the socks?? I thought the speaker was super awesome-o!

Or a pocket square!! Or a shoehorn!! I saw you were not very excited about April's box...are you getting the socks?? I thought the speaker was super awesome-o!
Well I only got excited about the speaker when I got deployed and found it could come in handy.  But the rest of the stuff like the moisturizer didn't get me excited.  Maybe because I was excited for a few other things in the box.

On another topic for the ladies, have any of you looked into Mantry or bespoke posts box of awesome?  Those are the two other subscription boxes that always keep me excited!

Originally Posted by scottg86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I only got excited about the speaker when I got deployed and found it could come in handy.  But the rest of the stuff like the moisturizer didn't get me excited.  Maybe because I was excited for a few other things in the box.

On another topic for the ladies, have any of you looked into Mantry or bespoke posts box of awesome?  Those are the two other subscription boxes that always keep me excited!
 Are you subscribed to them? Funny you mention them I JUST found out about Bespoke posts.....I was realllllly trying hard not to order one. Please please tell me more...are you subbed to them?

Latest posts

Back