MATTE EYESHADOWS?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm looking for a good matte eyeshadow palette.  Just some neutrals, high end or drugstore.  Thanks!

Kat Von D Ladybird is a newly released matte eyeshadow palette. Stila In The Know is also an option.

I'd suggest getting some Kryolan matte singles, rather than a complete palette. That way you can pick each shade that you really want & you get a ton more product for far less money than anything you'll get from Urban Decay. Just stick them in a Z Palette & you have your own custom palette of mattes. Makeup Geek also has some nice neutral, matte shades. They're $5.99 each in the plain pans. Another brand which you could use to build your own palette of mattes. I've got a lot of her eyeshadows & love 95% of them. If you must have a palette that's already put together, I'd suggest getting one from theBalm. They have the Meet Matte palette & another one that's all mattes, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I personally far prefer their stuff to Urban Decay's.

I can vouch for the UD Naked Basics as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just recently bought it for Chic week and Im in love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Edit: Forgot to mention, The Balm also has a Meet Matte palette which I just ordered as well, there is a bit more colour variety than the Naked basics.

theBalm's Meet Matte Nude. Those eyeshadows are gorgeous, super pigmented, totally wearable, and apply really well. It will also last a pretty long time since those shadows are very pigmented and don't have a lot of fall-out, so you don't need to be heavy handed with them. You will not be disappointed! 

I love my NAKED & NAKED2 palette but I also really love some of my matte MAC eyeshadows. You can create a pretty good palette on MAC of mattes. 

I don't have the original Naked, only Naked 2- and it is just fantastic.  The quality of the shadows is amazing, and it's a great range of colors that go together really well. There is a mix of finishes in the palette, though, some are mattes and some are shimmery.  If you want mattes exclusively, I second the suggestions of Naked Basics or TheBalm's Meet Matt(e).

I stopped by Sephora today, something I rarely deliberately do, and was very surprised to find that their brand of cosmetics - including their eyeshadows - have greatly improved quality-wise. Before today, I wouldn't even bother to touch their stuff. I picked up two 3 shade pans & one 10 shade palette. The palette in my country was $24 so if you're shopping in the US, you'll definitely get it even cheaper. Every shade was super pigmented & really silky feeling - from mattes to shimmers to frosts to metallics. They're definitely worth checking out. Kryolan is still nicer, however. Not to mention a brand used by many many makeup artists. There's also the brand Face Atilier Paris (or Makeup Atilier Paris, if i'm not mistaken) which makes incredible cosmetics, including eyeshadow palettes. They're not as affordable as Kryolan but they truly are considered a spectacular pro brand by many makeup artists. If you're going to shell out the cash, you might as well get the best quality you can, which Urban Decay cannot even come close to comparing to. There are a lot of great brands that are rarely heard of by typical consumers of cosmetics because most don't bother to research what the experts actually use in professional settings.

LOVE Urban Decay's Naked Basics. I bought theBalm's Meet Matt(e) (I actually own both versions), but haven't tested it yet so I am reserving a recommendation. I have the Kat Von D Ladybird, and really like it.

Back