The MakeUP Mission (Volunteering)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great idea, but why not have women of all ages participate? As you'll be working with women of all ages who've endured crises or challenges, it would probably be nice and beneficial for them to interact with women in their own age groups, too.

MissLindaJean, 

This is a campaign that the non profit I founded is organizing; the non profit is a community service based youth organization. The various campaigns we run do not only involve teens but anyone wanting to participate but in this case the makeovers are performed by teens events are overseen by adult volunteers- most are area cosmetologist. Maybe my post was not clear but I was attempting to reach out to adults volunteers who would be interested in becoming involved in growing the campaigns. 

Aahh, neat! Good luck. In terms of beauty product donation, you may have better luck contacting companies directly. What is the nonprofit org's name and can you give members more info?

Thanks! Of course the organization is Teen-spire Corporation. On the web at www.teen-spire.org; we are slowly building our online presence. I wasn't sure if sharing info out in the forums was against MUT policies. I guess I'll know soon. We have various campaigns and partnerships in the area and eventually plan to expand nationwide but we are still a very new organization- so baby steps! 

We actually get most of our donations from people who organize "beauty drives" at their schools, workplace and churches. Most do not realize donated makeup is actually tax deductible, so not only are people helping a great cause (well what I think is pretty great) but also you may deduct donations from your federally-taxable income. LOL We also have outreach campaigns to various businesses directly to makeup companies. But will try to see if we can get samples or other goodies! 

Back