Sample Society: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got charged and my dashboard hasn't updated, but I'm getting "Kit C" for whatever that's worth!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Can't wait to see!  :
Thanks for the heads up! I just checked I am Kit B.

After all the boxes,and boxes and boxes during December...we get to start all over again!!!!

Sweet!  I love that they're prompt about getting boxes out at the beginning of the month.  I'm Kit B, too.

I'm getting Kit D, too.  Hope that's the awesome one. 
biggrin.gif

I forgot to cancel...ok maybe I didn't and wanted to give it another chance XD I'm getting Kit D

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope they're all awesome!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I need a good cleanser though so I'm hoping for one.  
Ha ha, yes, that's true.  I was being mostly facetious because the boxes are all pretty similar, unlike Birchbox.  I think only recently have they even started to include different variations of the boxes with a few products switched up.

I wouldn't mind getting a cleanser, but I still haven't opened the big bottle of Purity that came with my Clarisonic a couple of months ago.   I would really like some kind of color makeup product like an eye shadow or a blush or another nail polish.  A good mask or moisturizer would be good too. 

I'm pretty easy please.  I love any kind of skin care, hair care or makeup.

i'm getting kit D and this may be the month that decides whether or not i quit or continue.  i'm just not getting products i really like.

I just canceled them a few minutes ago, at least they make it easy. I went through my pile of boxes this week and most of the things were still left in the sample society boxes. This helped me decide to cancel. So I canceled the look bag and sample society this weekend. I'm narrowing my boxes down!

I finally signed up for my first Sample Society box. I cannot bear the wait. I'm getting a kit F. On the Facebook page they show new Beauty Bar exclusive Oscar de la Renta nail enamels. I love the pale grey blue one! Wish I would get one of those. Happy New Year with Sample Society! 
claps.gif

Usually on or around the first depending on how it falls in the week. Since the 1st is a holiday I would say probably the 2nd or 3rd.

I'm considering signing up (because I need another subscription like I need a hole in the head).  When would be the last day to sign up to get the January box? And I'd love to hear some opinions... do you all like SS more than Ipsy or BB? And the ultimate question... are there any discount codes for a first box right now? 

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm considering signing up (because I need another subscription like I need a hole in the head).  When would be the last day to sign up to get the January box? And I'd love to hear some opinions... do you all like SS more than Ipsy or BB? And the ultimate question... are there any discount codes for a first box right now? 

Thanks!!!
I would think you could still order a box tomorrow, but you should call their CS in the morning and find out for sure. They have FANTASTIC CS btw.

As far as which do I like better? It's hard to compare because its very different then either of the subs you mentioned.

SS is about more classic high end brands. There is typically only 1 or possibly 2 make up items per box. The rest is skincare, haircare, cleansers, hand creams, fragrance etc. Its a pretty well rounded box in my opinion, but it does skew a bit more skincare-ish.

I would say on the scale of young/fun to upscale/sophisticated...

Ipsy would be on the left. BB in the middle. And SS on the right.

This will only be my 3rd month with SS. I do think it's a great sub, but I wish it was more innovative.

Like BB or GB.

But I guess that's why we need to sub to so MANY of them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope that helps!

Oh and I don't know of any codes. 

Latest posts

Back