Sample Society: May 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know I realized we don't have any monthly threads for Sample Society and have been posting everything in one thread. lol So to discuss just the MAY items I've started a new thread.

$15 to redeem on a $50 purchase - when any product from this month's sampled brands is included. Enter BBSOCIETYMAY at checkout. Expires 6/30/12*

1. Alterna UV+ Color Fade Proof Fluide Deluxe Sample-0.3oz.
  2. Bond No. 9 New York Bon Bon Samples
  3. Colorescience Pro SPF 20 Travel Puff Deluxe Sample
  4. StriVectin SD Intensive Concentrate for Stretch Marks & Wrinkles Deluxe Sample
  5. Stila Cosmetics Forever Your Curl Mascara, Deluxe Sample

How ironic that the month they finally start adding makeup products, I can honestly say I'm disinterested in all of them.

Originally Posted by Janamaste /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm psyched to try everything but the Alterna.

(My hair's not colored.)
My hair is not colored either, I am hoping that I still like it.  

I guess I just wish that they would start customizing, especially with products like this. Thankfully, I don't have any stretch marks, but that makes me disinterested in the StriVectin. I also don't have colored hair, so the Alterna doesn't apply to me. And I'm concerned that the ColorScience puff won't match my skin tone because I'm extremely pale. As much as I regret to say it (I really do love the sample sizes), I think that this one might be on the chopping block. Plus, Glossybox is coming around this month and it's larger sizes for only $6 more? I don't know though, because I'm just getting overwhelmed with samples. I know that Sample Society plans to customize in the future, and I definitely think the box has value. I might just not be the right one for me, especially because a potential 3 of the 5 items are going on the trade thread...

Originally Posted by cjeanette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My hair is not colored either, I am hoping that I still like it.  
i think even for natural hair its a good product....anything that adds shine and protects against uv rays cant be bad..  plus alterna products smell soooooooo good!  would be a good barrier on your hair for a day at the beach or pool...  hope you enjoy it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box today.

I already knew what I was getting because I peeked. LOL

I am okay with this box. It is not as great as the last two IMO.

I am semi excited to try strivectin...I do have alot of strech marks on my belly from babies. I hope it works but it would have to amazing for me to dish out $150 for a tube. So I am doubtful I will keep up with it after the sample is gone.

I am bored of perfume by now....I have been doing beauty boxes for several months and I get 1 or 2 a month so I am now at the point where I have alot and need to use some of it up already.

I am eh on the colorscience

and I needed new mascara do I am kinda happy about that.

How did everyone else like the box?-

Mine shall arrive tomorrow!  I have to say this month is pretty "eh" to me too.  I've heard that colored puff is horrible from some people, is there any reason why?  I'm kind of pale...I'm sort of that fine line between Fair / Light skin so I wonder if it will be too dark for me.  I love Alterna though.

My gripe with the puff is it has too much shimmer!

I got the perfume in Nuits de Noho.

Thank you ladies for suggesting that I could use the Alterna on non-color treated hair. I didn't even consider it.

mwahahhaa, I should be getting my box later today (Friday)! Very excited for this one as I haven't tried anything in it before.

Originally Posted by samplegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My gripe with the puff is it has too much shimmer!

I got the perfume in Nuits de Noho.

Thank you ladies for suggesting that I could use the Alterna on non-color treated hair. I didn't even consider it.
A lot of products that are marketed as for color-treated hair are just extra gentle and/or conditioning, protective sometimes.

I got my box yesterday, I was super excited for it when I saw the contents, but I keep forgetting....I've just got too many samples. I like the mascara though...it's less dramatic than my diorshow extase or even maybelline the falsies which makes it perfect for the very natural look I was going for today on a casual friday at work. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box yesterday, I was super excited for it when I saw the contents, but I keep forgetting....I've just got too many samples. I like the mascara though...it's less dramatic than my diorshow extase or even maybelline the falsies which makes it perfect for the very natural look I was going for today on a casual friday at work. 
I wore the mascara today. It kinda smeared on me during my workday.

Did you get the same strivectin sample in your box last month? I did. I got it two months in a row.

I think one of them came from a test tube? I have two now also, but in different sized tubes.

maybe it is from a test tube...ill need to check. lol. too many sample boxes. i could have sworn it was from sample society though...

Back